PDA

View Full Version : Warning for Fife hawk keepers.

Barry
07-03-2006, 10:25 AM
All keepers in Fife.

It has come to my attention that a hawk keeper or centre in Fife has 'upset' somebody and is in for trouble.

Sounds like another example of the very childish world we live in but worth knowing so all those in or near the area can be vigilant.

I have reported all I know to the Police and this is being supported by the person who gave me the first warning.

If you see, hear or know anything, please do not hesitate, report it to the Police.

Barry.

Saker-Clive
07-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Can you eloborate as to what the 'trouble' is and why people need to be 'vigilant':confused:

BushHawk
07-03-2006, 10:37 AM
?????????????????

Barry
07-03-2006, 10:40 AM
I have no idea know what the trouble is? If I meet whoever it is I'll ask.
I think it's obvious why you would want to be vigilant.

Barry.

BushHawk
07-03-2006, 10:42 AM
you been smoking?

Saker-Clive
07-03-2006, 10:43 AM
:confused: :?: :confused: ......so from what you've heard, has someone with a bird just upset someone else, and the 3rd party is going to take/kill the bird or something entirely different.

You've made a statement in your first post , that has now wetted a number of appetites but now you don't know the reason............:!:

Kiwi
07-03-2006, 10:54 AM
That police report must have made interesting reading.How long did it take to report nothing?At least they cant do you for wasting police time with nothing to go on!!!

Musket
07-03-2006, 10:55 AM
More info please??????????

BushHawk
07-03-2006, 10:58 AM
is this about your eagle?

Ben C
07-03-2006, 11:15 AM
This is like a miss marple mystery....I hope it all turns out fine. I do hate violence.

Barry
07-03-2006, 11:19 AM
For christs' sake people get a grip.

I can tell you no more than what I was told. The police are involved and are talking to the person who warned me of the potential danger. I do not know what the threat is. I have spoken to the police and it seems one person has been implicated that they hope to talk to. I am just the person who has heard some news and thought it fair that others who may be at risk should also be made aware. It does not relate to my eagle. Don't shoot the messenger. Bloody hell when I heard I thought, best I keep an eye out for anything odd and thought you lot would want to do the same. If you don't well that's up to you.

Barry.

Bod
07-03-2006, 11:30 AM

I can tell you no more than what I was told. The police are involved and are talking to the person who warned me of the potential danger. I do not know what the threat is. I have spoken to the police and it seems one person has been implicated that they hope to talk to. I am just the person who has heard some news and thought it fair that others who may be at risk should also be made aware. It does not relate to my eagle. Don't shoot the messenger. Bloody hell when I heard I thought, best I keep an eye out for anything odd and thought you lot would want to do the same. If you don't well that's up to you.

Barry.

Come on you lot give Barry a break.
You would all be ****ed off if he didn't say anything and then something did happen. At least he has made the effort to warn others.

MickeyDredd
07-03-2006, 11:51 AM
I do not know what the threat is. I have spoken to the police and it seems one person has been implicated that they hope to talk to. I am just the person who has heard some news and thought it fair that others who may be at risk should also be made aware.
Barry.

Barry

I think what people are getting at is why an individual falconers potential risk would implicate other falconers in the area, hence they sought further details.

Presumably other than that individual they need take no further security precautions than they normally would do.

Barry
07-03-2006, 11:57 AM
This is the point Mickey, We do not know who the target is so we all need to keep a look out for anything relative to our birds or those of others. In the spirit of neighbourhood watch for Fife falconers, please just be aware.

Barry.

MickeyDredd
07-03-2006, 12:15 PM
I see, so you dont know who the threat is against specifically.

Sorry that was not clear to me.

Cheers

Saker-Clive
07-03-2006, 12:24 PM
I'm glad I don't live in the Fife area, I'll be more confused than I was before reading the first post:twisted: :razz:

Barry
07-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Sorry if that was not clear Mickey,
To confirm, I do not yet know who it is that may be targetted, nor do I know who has made any threat.
However the Police do know more, but of course they are keeping it to themselves at the moment.
When I know, regardless of the criticism, for the good of Fife falconers I will post it here.

Barry.

Big JoeJoe
07-03-2006, 05:40 PM
Simple, a falconer in the Fife area is going to be targted for some unkown reason by a person who cannot yet be disclosed by the police, therefore all falconers in Fife should be on your guard because it could be you.

Cheers Joe (Hope thats right lol)

Graham Stuart
07-03-2006, 06:11 PM
Simple, a falconer in the Fife area is going to be targted for some unkown reason by a person who cannot yet be disclosed by the police, therefore all falconers in Fife should be on your guard because it could be you.

your just so sensible m8:yawinkle:

If i Stayed in Fife i would bring my birds in the house then sit in the aviery in a hawk suit for the bas**rd to show up and sort them out:yawinkle:

WeeDodger
07-03-2006, 06:21 PM
If i stayed in Fife .................I would have moved to Dundee years ago.
Heehee

Jazz1
07-03-2006, 07:26 PM

Barry.

Barry heard the story myself today
Lets hope who ever this person is does not have the bottle to care out any threat's
(If this person was to just the low of the low life you can get)
Gary

Talon
07-03-2006, 07:49 PM
carnt any one from fife.tell us a little bit more on this .
as its a bit of a who what why were and when .and i carnt stand the
suspense.

this ones for molder and scully...x files:-P

Moses
07-03-2006, 07:51 PM
I'm glad I don't live in the Fife area, I'll be more confused than I was before reading the first post:twisted: :razz:

lol im confused too, the fellow scot, did he type all that in english or what :D

Joey
07-03-2006, 07:51 PM
if anything happens to you or you bops ive got something burried in my local woods that would help you guys

Moses
07-03-2006, 07:52 PM
If i stayed in Fife .................I would have moved to Dundee years ago.
Heehee

oh the city of discovery :D

nice wimmin though, i luv the way they speak :D and why r most of them called moira by the way lol

The Ninja
07-03-2006, 10:27 PM

Thats it BJJ, simple eh ?

;-)

Barry
08-03-2006, 08:49 AM
Latest News,

I had three calls from the local Police yesterday and they came to see me and my neighbour (a hawk keeper) last night. They have also interviewed the centre owner who first released the information about the possible threat. The Police feel they have defused any current threat, but advise me they are not yet satisfied with the information they have received from the originator of the story.
Their enquiries are ongoing. If anybody doubts this thread, (and of course, because I can not name names and am forced to be a little vague, I understand any doubt), you can call Kirkcaldy Police on 01592 418700 and the incident number is 7032006114.

In the meantime, if I receive any further news I will post it here.

Barry.

Moses
08-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Latest News,

I had three calls from the local Police yesterday and they came to see me and my neighbour (a hawk keeper) last night. They have also interviewed the centre owner who first released the information about the possible threat. The Police feel they have defused any current threat, but advise me they are not yet satisfied with the information they have received from the originator of the story.
Their enquiries are ongoing. If anybody doubts this thread, (and of course, because I can not name names and am forced to be a little vague, I understand any doubt), you can call Kirkcaldy Police on 01592 418700 and the incident number is 7032006114.

In the meantime, if I receive any further news I will post it here.

Barry.

hmm wonder what happened mate, did someones harris sleep with someones parrot or something

BushHawk
08-03-2006, 09:51 AM
hmm wonder what happened mate, did someones harris sleep with someones parrot or something
they will be noisy ****ers!

Moses
08-03-2006, 09:57 AM
they will be noisy ****ers!

lol and the babies will come out all funny :D

BushHawk
08-03-2006, 09:59 AM
lol and the babies will come out all funny :D
aye!f*ck off or ill claw your eyes oot!

Quiver
08-03-2006, 10:17 AM
starting to get stupid now.

Stewigan
08-03-2006, 10:28 AM
well ive just read this and got to say like the rest of you am dying to know whats going on.

Moses
08-03-2006, 10:30 AM

lol for sure :D

parrot:hi im polly u wanna play

harris: yeah baby sideways or doggie :D

Kentish Falconry
08-03-2006, 11:03 AM
oh the city of discovery :D

nice wimmin though, i luv the way they speak :D and why r most of them called moira by the way lol

It's because they used to say I'll have More of that Jimmy now you just got the short version Moira

Intek Hosting
08-03-2006, 12:12 PM
As someone who keeps both Parrots and Harris (not in the same cage!!) I have to say this doesnt bear thinking about!!
Can you imagine a harris/AfricanGrey
The thing would not only be the hunter, but will join you in the pub afterward to tell everyone about the days hunting.
Then your eyass grabs you by the arm, you swear at it and it spends the next 6 months repeating what you said to your mother in law.

And forget having another bird on the side, not only will it tell your other half, (go search the BBC if you dont know) its will probably bring her the remains as a gift.

Lets not even entertain the thought before some messer asks if he can breed them by AI or something.:yawinkle:

Jackson
08-03-2006, 12:41 PM
can you breed parots and hh -id definately love one!!!!

(im joking)

Game & Pursuit Falcon UK
08-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Anyone for Golden/Gos?

Jackson
08-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Anyone for Golden/Gos?

PMSL

how bout a tawny owl crossed with an eagle - harpy eagle???
or even hh/eagle??

Sparrie
08-03-2006, 01:27 PM
We seem to be going off topic here. If you want to cross breed parrots with hawks do it on another thread.

Gary.

Jackson
08-03-2006, 02:27 PM
We seem to be going off topic here. If you want to cross breed parrots with hawks do it on another thread.

Gary.

lol sorry!!!

AndyYounger
08-03-2006, 02:36 PM
It looks like this has been a typical case of missunderstanding and chinese whispers. a conversation about some comments from a few years was taken in the wrong context and thaught that a threat was here and now.
The origonal comment was from a silly little junkie that thaught geting a BOP was as easy as giong to a center and picking up a goldie and waking of with it.

The Ninja
08-03-2006, 03:58 PM
Thta would have been good reading in the papers:

Skankhead loses arm & half of face trying to steal an Eagle.

;-)

Intek Hosting
08-03-2006, 04:15 PM
The origonal comment was from a silly little junkie that thaught geting a BOP was as easy as giong to a center and picking up a goldie and waking of with it.
The first day I picked up my Harris my mentor warned me that the bird was wild and "had no respect for me."
A few days later I was starting the manning process, crouched down in front the bow perch to pick her up and I accidentally put my right hand on the bow perch itself.
Bang, she nailed me and 35 minutes later when she let go I realized that what he had said in his own way was really "You havent learned to respect that bird yet!!"
I say when someone who knows nothing wants to get a bird they have no idea how to keep, take them down to a center, dont bother overloading them about things like gloves because they know it all already and let them pickup a few birds, you know, get a feel for it see if its really for them. Then in a few minutes, once they have learned to respect the birds a little you can take them down to casualty so the can regale the staff with tales of their adventure.

It sounds like this whole issue is one of people overreacting to a possible threat, but hey what else is new, we've still got troops in Iraq for the same reason.
Every night when I go to bed I do so knowing that the burgulars might come again or a bad storm that rips my aviaries off their foundations, or, or, or, and if none of those happen its only a matter of time before some guy from Defra comes in a white suit to kill my babies because of a disease that has the potential to do a lot of good for planet earth, i.e. Control the human populations levels.
Lets face it apart from parts of Africa even AIDS just never lived up to expectations. There's just too bloody many of us!!

Kev_Speakman
08-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Listen Barry, im a fairly young lad of 20, this is the advice i got given...
Lay off the crack.....

Its bad s**t man. Your eagles been talkin to you n stuff hasnt h..... its ok Barry!With help we can sort this out, talk to ur eagle and express your problems.. Its all good man!

:wink:

Kev_Speakman
08-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Listen Barry, im a fairly young lad of 20, this is the advice i got given...
Lay off the crack.....

Its bad s**t man. Your eagles been talkin to you n stuff hasnt he..... its ok Barry!With help we can sort this out, talk to ur eagle and express your problems.. Its all good man!

:wink:

Game & Pursuit Falcon UK
08-03-2006, 04:35 PM
To coin a phrase.... Ehh?

Kev_Speakman
08-03-2006, 04:37 PM
yer mate, just tryin to help ma man barry out, boi's gone crazy!!! haha

GriffMJ
08-03-2006, 04:45 PM
I am just totally lost with all this? This thread has gone a bit "Twin Peaks"....

AndyYounger
08-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Kev
come back when you have got something sensible to say.!!!
The way barry alerted everyone on the forum is very commendable and spot on.
Should this have been as serious as first thaught i would be glad of someone like him in my corner. it shows how everone can pull together to nutralise a potential threat. on what is affectively our family.
if us falconers and austringers cant pull together when needed then we are really in the ****.

Barry
08-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Kev'

Sounds to me like the only one on gear here is you! What you on about?

Bottom line is a perceived threat was issued agianst falconry in Fife, the Police intervened and it has now been resolved between the two people first involved. The Police have accepted there was an issue and are tidying up their enquiries now.

I reported this to the forum as the real and serious danger it was presented as. I would do so again and I hope that if anybody else heard such a worrying report they would do the same. Better ten warnings that come to nothing than one that was not reported and led to the death or loss of a bird.

If anyone wants to check on the reality of this situation please contact the local police on the number I posted and with the incident number I posted that relates to the report.

If you expect help from the forum when you have a problem with a lost bird, or a security threat, don't demean the good intentions of others.

Barry.

GregMik
08-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Barry,
The way you made it sound to begin with, you were making accusations about a particular person. I agree that warnings are good. But accusations are bad. I have no problem with you warning ppl just do it in a better way next time.

Now lets get back to talking about falconry. In other words lets end this.

Greg

Puzo
08-03-2006, 05:09 PM
If I lived in Fife I'de be thankfull somebody bothered to let me know. Forwarned is forarmed.If it comes to nothing, then you've lost nothing!

BrianM
08-03-2006, 05:22 PM
well am lost ????????????

Game & Pursuit Falcon UK
08-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Well done Barry, people would soon have been crying if something had happened without the warning.

Saker-Clive
08-03-2006, 05:24 PM
So are we now allowed to know what the 'original threat was'? or is it still a secret ?:goodman:

Intek Hosting
08-03-2006, 05:47 PM
So are we now allowed to know what the 'original threat was'? or is it still a secret ?:goodman:

Not really sure I think some crackhead was planning on stealing an eagle and cross breeding it with a parrot :-)

Seriously you do right raise the alarm over things like this, but this thread started out sounding like the police were going after a falconer for something they had done to upset someone.
Forums like this are very good for disseminating information to people who are really interested.
But sending out a warning like that needs to be done with very clear facts or a very clear statement that you dont know any more than you are saying. Otherwise you will get people asking if someone's harris indecently assualted a Parrot and a very serious thread will get perverted by inappropriate comments.
I hold my hands up and say "I'm guilty on this one"

OutFlying
08-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Barry,
If the threat had been in my area I would have been grateful for the information.

It seems certain people are unable to grasp your warning.

Pretty simple really - "if you live in Fife and own a hawk be careful there is a chance of someone harming your hawk."

Next time Barry supply a dot to dot picture and colouring section for the people who don't understand.

Yours Jim.

The Ninja
08-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Barry,
If the threat had been in my area I would have been grateful for the information.

You would also have wanted more information m8.

It seems certain people are unable to grasp your warning.

The warning was, very very vague, of course we all wanted more information, nothing wrong with that. If the post had been about the region you live in you would have been very curious about it.

Next time Barry supply a dot to dot picture and colouring section for the people who don't understand.
Yours Jim.

Doesn't even deserve an answer.

;-)

Jackson
08-03-2006, 08:25 PM
The warning was, very very vague, of course we all wanted more information, nothing wrong with that. If the post had been about the region you live in you would have been very curious about it

well said and just the reason for the curious and sometimes strange (hh x parrot) posts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutFlying

Yours Jim.

Doesn't even deserve an answer.

i like the idea of a dot-to-dot!! havent done one in ages!!!!!!

OutFlying
08-03-2006, 08:31 PM
I'm sure if Barry could have named the time, place, culprit and victim he would have - it was a warning plain and simple.

Jim.

.................................................. ............... Join them up if your bored, it's a picture of an eagle in flight. .................................................. .................................
.................................................. .................................

Jackson
08-03-2006, 08:34 PM
I'm sure if Barry could have named the time, place, culprit and victim he would have - it was a warning plain and simple.

yea im sure he would and agree the warning was sensible and the right thing to do - its just i dont think he made it too clear as he did when he posted later after all the curiousity!!!

.................................................. ............... Join them up if your bored, it's a picture of an eagle in flight. .................................................. .................................
.................................................. .................................

i dont see/get it??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

OutFlying
08-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Pretty clear to me - "If you live in Fife with a hawk take care"

If you don't live in the Fife area don't worry.

How clear does a warning have to be ????

Jim.

The Ninja
08-03-2006, 09:01 PM
How clear does a warning have to be ????
Jim.

Believe it or not a lot clearer than it was, what were BOP owners to take care of ? what was at risk ? was a bird going to be stolen ? was a bird going to be killed ? was a bird owner going to be targeted ? was his/her car going to be stolen ? were they going to be burgled ? was the house going to be burnt down ?
How do you think all the BOP owners in Fife that saw the post felt last night when they went to their beds ?
I admire Barry's sentiments for posting up the initial warning, he has to be commended for it, the lack of information to those affected was poor though. (& I apologise if Barry (or a.n other) contacted any of them by e-mail/p.m/phone/fax etc to let them know)
I don't have a bird but do have 2 friends in Fife that do, I was worried for them last night.

Barbary Boy
08-03-2006, 09:11 PM
O K heres what he was going to do! he was going to set up a hide and take photos of respected falconers with , with ,i might as well just come out and say it, with their barn owls! there its out in the open now! shame on them ?

The Ninja
08-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Sheesh, he could have just come down to your bit for owl pics m8.

;-)