PDA

View Full Version : Gloves

FoxHunter
12-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Does anyone have experience of the gloves made by Falconry Originals? How do they compare with those from Martin Jones?

Tim Laycock
12-05-2006, 04:04 PM
I would prefer to have the Falconry Originals glove :!: :!: :!: :wink:

Pink_Eagle
12-05-2006, 04:44 PM
i hav a falconry originals v.good

Rocky
12-05-2006, 05:17 PM
Best gloves out, i have the yarak deluxe won't use anything else.
Mel

Tim Laycock
12-05-2006, 05:49 PM
I would use neither!
But having inspected both, the Falconry originals item is the better glove of the two.

I trawled the stands at the falconry fair and the best gloves by a mile were Doug Pineos but I didnt like the only double thickness gloves he had with him :-(

Yarak1
12-05-2006, 05:53 PM
Falconry Originals without a doubt...............

Claire
12-05-2006, 06:04 PM
my last glove was a falconry originals yarak, i bought it when working at a centre and flying a variety of birds, it is an excellent glove but a bit ott for my kes lol, really dont need a glove that thick now

Tim Laycock
12-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Falconry Originals without a doubt...............

The colour alone would be a big factor for me:lol: :rolleyes:

I dont think the brightest yellow is Ideal

GriffMJ
12-05-2006, 06:06 PM
The Game Hawkers Glove
http://www.m-jhoods.co.uk/images/gamehawkerw.jpg

In the Field
A Falconry Glove in traditional buckskin finish London tan. A proven glove in the field with its high visibility as you call your falcon across. A short cuff allowing jacket cuffs to be tucked inside neatly. A robust buckskin leather that is tough and durable but still allowing you to "feel" the falcon on the glove. In our opinion "the best" Gamehawking glove on the market today.
Build Quality A wonderfully soft yet strong hide and is bound /piped on the cuff with black leather. It also has a brass Dee stitched into the bottom seam to attach a leash etc and comes complete with a metal free tassel. Ideal for small/ medium sized Falcons ( up to & including Peregrine Falcon and similar sized Hybrids). Please state size of hand with order (size 8 and 9 are the average male sizes). We also have Ladies sizes and gloves for Left handed falconers.

The colour of the glove darkens a bit with a good greasing.... here is my Glove next to my old type of glove (leather riding glove)

http://www.m-jhoods.co.uk/images/GHGlove/GHGlove.JPG

Tim Laycock
12-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Nothing wrong with that shade of yellow :supz:

Claire
12-05-2006, 06:18 PM
I love my gamehawker glove :heart: this is where you can get one
http://www.falconersemporium.co.uk/

Tim Laycock
12-05-2006, 07:21 PM
I love my gamehawker glove :heart: this is where you can get one
http://www.falconersemporium.co.uk/

I bet Julian loves you :heart: :lol:

Hells99
12-05-2006, 07:29 PM
I swear by Falcon Crest Elk hide gloves :supz:

Berkut
12-05-2006, 07:33 PM
I swear by Falcon Crest Elk hide gloves :supz:
I had one and lost it but it was a superb glove.

MoltenMetal
12-05-2006, 07:35 PM
try get one with smalest stiching possible cos the one i got fron ian vance caches the talons all the time
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Renton
12-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Ben Long Khan glove, I wouldn't use any other make. Falconry Originals gloves are OK, but I don't like the positioning of the D ring.

Pitbull
12-05-2006, 08:08 PM
elk glove all the time

Tim Laycock
12-05-2006, 08:42 PM
You will not beat Buckskin but good gloves made from REAL Buckskin are hard to get! :(

KevGem1
12-05-2006, 09:52 PM
(ben long) double thickness for fhh and falcon glove for f pere/saker KEV ;-)

Yarak1
12-05-2006, 10:08 PM
The colour alone would be a big factor for me:lol: :rolleyes:

I dont think the brightest yellow is Ideal

I think you have that wrong Tim.......... It's Martin Jones that has the bright yellow gloves not F/Originals..........:rolleyes:

Afshimo
12-05-2006, 10:10 PM
He he, my favb subject lol

Love my Martin jones, they may be yellow but easy to clean, comfortable for the bird and you, except i dont like the d ring - too loose. But I want to get my hands of the falcon crest elk gloves - they look the bees nees. Ben long is ok for displays and stuff but not with the larger and footier birds and the leather is slippery if u get what i mean. Like the d rings though - nice and secure.
If you have smaller or med bird, then get a double layer kangaroo - so thin and lightweight its great in summer, but the talons wont get through and you have ace controll on the jesses and swivel etc only prob is you feel the pressure a lot more and bruising is easier. But def a fantastic glove.

One day I shall make the perfect glove for myself!!!

He he!

Han :heart:

Yarak1
12-05-2006, 10:12 PM
He he, my favb subject lol

Love my Martin jones, they may be yellow but easy to clean, comfortable for the bird and you, except i dont like the d ring - too loose. But I want to get my hands of the falcon crest elk gloves - they look the bees nees. Ben long is ok for displays and stuff but not with the larger and footier birds and the leather is slippery if u get what i mean. Like the d rings though - nice and secure.
If you have smaller or med bird, then get a double layer kangaroo - so thin and lightweight its great in summer, but the talons wont get through and you have ace controll on the jesses and swivel etc only prob is you feel the pressure a lot more and bruising is easier. But def a fantastic glove.

One day I shall make the perfect glove for myself!!!

He he!

Han :heart:

At least you know who supplies the Yellow glove Hannah unlike BB...........:-P

Afshimo
12-05-2006, 10:18 PM
lol!

Another glove is the ones from the czeq rep. The single thickness layer is a good 4mm and barly penetrable and bare in mind most are double they are a seriously good glove - nice d rings, tight stictching, stand out, decent length, quite comfortable and actually quite flexable. Best of all they are only about 15 i think - fantastic value.

Yarak1
12-05-2006, 10:22 PM
lol!

Another glove is the ones from the czeq rep. The single thickness layer is a good 4mm and barly penetrable and bare in mind most are double they are a seriously good glove - nice d rings, tight stictching, stand out, decent length, quite comfortable and actually quite flexable. Best of all they are only about 15 i think - fantastic value.

Have you tried the Falcon Crest glove?..............Nice to wear........very comfortable.........

Afshimo
12-05-2006, 10:29 PM
I havnt yet - trying to get hold of one lol. I've tried a few on and felt comfortable but never put one through its paces. Waiting for the CLA gamefair - savin me money up lol.

Han

HawkMan
12-05-2006, 10:32 PM
I got a pair from ben long and i may say they have say they are good
Jb

HawkMan
12-05-2006, 10:33 PM
do i sound drunk
Sorry
Jb

FoxHunter
13-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Thanks to all who replied,your comments have been helpful.I don't need a new glove immediately but was anxious to hear your opinions before letting the moths escape from my wallet.From previous experience ; M. Jones and one or two others who seem not to be around any more made nice gloves, but I've not been to the Falconry Fair in recent years and so was unable to compare those currently on offer.I prefer deerskin to cowhide.I thought Falcon Crest were comfortable when I tried one many years ago-are they really made of "elk skin" as claimed or is it just deer/buckskin?

Tim Laycock
13-05-2006, 12:26 PM
At least you know who supplies the Yellow glove Hannah unlike BB...........

Yarak, Go back and read the whole thread :rolleyes:
I was agreeing with you :rolleyes:

You will find I am well aware of who the yellow glove man is :yawinkle:

Having had two of his gloves as a child I well remember what colour they are and also know I do not wish to own another :yawinkle:

Tim Laycock
13-05-2006, 12:29 PM
http://www.pineofalconry.com/product_listing.php?id=7

I wont buy gloves but if I did I would buy nothing else :supz: