PDA

View Full Version : Mikey's beeswax formula.

Mikey
20-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Well guys the bees have been very busy already this year.I am once again producing the wax formula.Anyone interested just pm me and i'll get back to you.Or you can find the old thread (mikey's beeswax)to see what the guys n gals thought when they bought it last time.Unfortunately the price has gone up (6 quid for 8oz of formula)This includes p+p mainland uk.Overseas will cost a little more...but not much!

Moses
24-07-2006, 09:28 PM
big up to mikey

very nice stuff this i bought a good few months ago and tested it on a very old falconry glove that woz given to me, did a superb job

Kentish Falconry
24-07-2006, 09:44 PM
big up to mikey

very nice stuff this i bought a good few months ago and tested it on a very old falconry glove that woz given to me, did a superb job

Moses you want to try some on your face M8 get rid of those wrinkles :lol:
(Remember the Wedding photo of you I put up?)

Hacker
24-07-2006, 09:46 PM
Terry,
be careful m8, it might make him good looking:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kentish Falconry
24-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Terry,
be careful m8, it might make him good looking:lol: :lol: :lol:

PMSL Richard 3 ton of it wouldn't help him he is that ugly that whenever he posts a pic of himself on here he covers his face in case he gives the younger members nightmares

Moses
24-07-2006, 09:55 PM

lol @ terry and hacker haha u nutters :D

that wasnt me u know that haha im still young buddy u know that :D half the age of u lol

Moses
24-07-2006, 09:56 PM
PMSL Richard 3 ton of it wouldn't help him he is that ugly that whenever he posts a pic of himself on here he covers his face in case he gives the younger members nightmares

lol im camera shy mate lol

Hacker
24-07-2006, 10:24 PM
LOL, M8 PMSL.:supz: :supz: :supz:

Mikey
25-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Ok guys....maybe we can get back to the original subject.
The wax formula IS good stuff...an old recipe but good(if it aint broke dont fix it!)And is only a hobby for me.The beeswax is totally organic and 100%.The only time the bees are fed supliments is out of season,so none of it is sugar solution fed.(wich commercial producers give to the bees to keep/improve quantity.)
If you are interested look at previous thread to see comments or pm me to order.
If you have bought some and are not happy i will refund your money,if you need advice just pm me.Happy hunting!

Mikey
25-07-2006, 04:21 PM
And cheers moses...glad you like it!

Rocky
27-07-2006, 07:47 PM
I bought a couple of tubs last year and tried it on a glove that was over 20 years old and it brought it up like new.Cracking stuff get it whilst its available.
Mel

Mikey
28-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Thats what was missing last season!! The comments from people who bought n used my wax formula.If they're good comments it's good advertising for me...if they're bad then maybe i can do some refining and make it better(although i dont think you can get better for totally natural product!)
Thanks rocky

Newton Newguy
28-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Hi Mikey ,save one for me I'll be round to pick it up. How's Bluey? over the moult? 5 weeks to go and counting. Brian:supz:

Mikey
29-07-2006, 10:14 AM
no probs bri!
paul also said he'd got your text and will be in touch soon.

Kentish Falconry
29-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Hi Mikey..............The Beeswax Formula arrived today thanks M8.
Will let you know what I think once we have had a chance to use it
Terry :supz: :supz:

RedNoseK9
29-07-2006, 11:06 AM
Cheers mikey got mine today mate

Finnish
29-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Hey mikey got mine today mate thanks. Will let youi no what it's like tomorrow when used.;-)

Mikey
02-08-2006, 11:07 AM
For all those who have bought the wax formula...if you have the time you're better off floating it in boiled/boiling water as if you're not patient n carefull with the microwave your oil will get so hot it'll fry yer almeri n jesses to a shrivelled mess!

Mikey
09-08-2006, 06:44 PM
Well....i'm a little dissapointed!no one has commented on their purchase of wax formula!Try it out guys n gals...it's good stuff(want any advice just pm me!)
By the way...the Bees are real busy so i have enough to go round for the time being(especially at the present rate it's going:-(

Mikey
21-08-2006, 03:26 PM
I've been wondering if any of you have tried the wax formula on anything other than leather.
The missus has recently done the flaming dining table with it!!!! Came up a treat!

Falcon
29-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Got mine today, very good stuff, Thanks Mikey!

Mikey
29-08-2006, 03:38 PM
thankyou sarah :heart:

BarneyAndMonty
29-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Greetings Mickey, I'm using it now. Seems to be doing the job. The bird has a bit of a chew of the jesses when they are changed weekly. Perhaps an aquired taste. Smells good as well when you are using it.
David:yawinkle:

BarneyAndMonty
05-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Greetings Mickey, I'm using it now. Seems to be doing the job. The bird has a bit of a chew of the jesses when they are changed weekly. Perhaps an aquired taste. Smells good as well when you are using it.
David:yawinkle:

A bit of an update
I've been using this grease for a while now and it seems to improve each time it is used. The treated areas of the glove are now waterproof. The gloves only need to be treated after every 2nd wash to keep the suppleness, shows good a penetration quality :rolleyes:

Mikey
06-11-2006, 05:49 PM
Thanks for that m8! Everyone who has bought my wax seems to like it.Prob is i think i'm doing it in too bigger tubs! it's lasting too long!! lol
If anyone is interested just pm me.....you will have a seriously hard job to get anything better!

Kentish Falconry
06-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Thanks for that m8! Everyone who has bought my wax seems to like it.Prob is i think i'm doing it in too bigger tubs! it's lasting too long!! lol
If anyone is interested just pm me.....you will have a seriously hard job to get anything better!

We used it here on an old Glove and it is now better than it ever was.
Thanks Mikey it is really very good gear but I don't need anymore at the moment as I had 2 tubs to start with
Terry

Hawkmaster
06-11-2006, 06:41 PM
I use tons of it and will not need any for ages either mate you must be selling too bigger quantities :supz:

Kentish Falconry
06-11-2006, 06:47 PM
I use tons of it and will not need any for ages either mate you must be selling too bigger quantities :supz:

Don't tell him that Paul or he will be selling it by the Thimble Full next time I need it PMSL :lol:

Mikey
07-11-2006, 05:38 PM
It's all very well you experienced falconers giving good comments on my wax(thanks guys...glad you like it)but it really is good stuff...but not enough people buying it!!?? one tub could last you years for one bird!!!Come on guys...i want to nock ko cho out the market!!LOL

Hawkmaster
07-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Well then get it to a soft texture and sell it in the high street as Sex wax!:lol:

Albie
07-11-2006, 05:58 PM
Hi There Mikey,
I'm Still using mine cause it goes a loooooonnnnng way for the money mate.

Misty
10-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Hi Mikey
I've got a friend near plymouth who would like some for her leatherwork. can I give her your phone number or email address so she can contact you:?:

Mikey
10-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Hi Mikey
I've got a friend near plymouth who would like some for her leatherwork. can I give her your phone number or email address so she can contact you:?:

Feel free m8! or u can tell her the forum address and she can use that as a means of coms!!....Thankyou

Misty
10-11-2006, 01:36 PM
i don't think she uses computer. i can't give her your tel no. as i don't have it.

Mikey
13-11-2006, 07:36 PM
i don't think she uses computer. i can't give her your tel no. as i don't have it.

Pm me m8 and i'll give u my vitals!!!!

Misty
13-11-2006, 10:16 PM
I've pm'd twice but still no tel no. try again

Mikey
06-12-2006, 10:03 PM
OK!!! if anyone wants the wax you can either pay by paypal!! or send me a cheque.
The cost is 6 gbp(6 quid!)wich includes postage in mainland uk! As you can see from previous posts it works well and last far too long as far as i'm concerned!!
Cheques ...send to
Mikey!1
43 oakland rd
buckland
newton abbot
devon
TQ12 4EE

Paypal.email...uczmikey@hotmail.com

LongVVing
06-12-2006, 11:14 PM
6.00 sent via paypal.

Thanks,

Mark

OrkneyFalconer
07-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Hi Mikey

I'm up for a tub too - pm me and I can pay via paypal and give you my details. Thanks. :goodman:

OrkneyFalconer
07-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Have sorted it. :)
6 sent tonight via Paypal.
Regards
Ross

Mikey
11-12-2006, 10:59 AM
Mark and Ross!
Your wax formula is on its way to you. I must apologise for the delay in sending.If either of you use beeswax for hood threads etc pls let me know!?

Mikey
11-12-2006, 11:05 AM
If anyone else wishes to purchase,could you please p.m me first as i do not have a never ending supply of wax formula.I have also experienced a death in the family recently and am having to stay away from home and my computer on occasion and i'd hate for anyone to get irate cos they havent recieved the wax formula yet!!! having paid good money upfront.
Thanks folks...Merry christmas!

Mikey
06-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Some of you may have received your wax without the instruction label!!(sorry mind on other things)
When you get your wax ...for the first treatment of leather,heat the wax! in hot/boiled water till it is liquid(you can use microwave but be very carefull not to over heat the wax) Submerge the leather totally in yhe hotwax and wait for the bubbles to stop(you'll see what i mean) remove carefully and wipe off excess! job done!

ChewinTheFat0
07-01-2007, 12:16 AM
Hi Mikey got mine yesterday thanks very much for setting that paypal up for me. cheers Robert

Blaze
07-01-2007, 12:40 AM
Any left?....

If so give me your details to pay via paypal?

Adam

OrkneyFalconer
07-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Will do Mikey.
Forgot to say many thanks for delivery etc.
Won't that leave my glove with most of the wax on it, or does the majority of it run back off? Never done it before, so spell it out if you have to!!
Cheers

Mikey
10-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Will do Mikey.
Forgot to say many thanks for delivery etc.
Won't that leave my glove with most of the wax on it, or does the majority of it run back off? Never done it before, so spell it out if you have to!!
Cheers

Ok!! if you want to wax your glove ....then first wash your glove(smooth or suede)uder the hot tap(as hot as you dare)Scrub with a nail brush and anti bacterial soap(i use the missus' fairy!)
Rinse off under the tap(very hot) and quickly dab dry with tea/kitchen towel.
Whilst the glove is still nice n warm rub on the wax formula with your fingers(dont be shy get it on there!!) i make like i'm washing my hands all over the glove.
Once you're happy you have coated the whole glove place it in a warm place for ten mins(radiator or warm room) and hey presto...supple clean glove!!

Mikey
10-01-2007, 07:29 PM
Umm!! and you dont need to heat the wax before either!????

BarneyAndMonty
10-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Ok!! if you want to wax your glove ....then first wash your glove(smooth or suede)uder the hot tap(as hot as you dare)Scrub with a nail brush and anti bacterial soap(i use the missus' fairy!)
Rinse off under the tap(very hot) and quickly dab dry with tea/kitchen towel.
Whilst the glove is still nice n warm rub on the wax formula with your fingers(dont be shy get it on there!!) i make like i'm washing my hands all over the glove.
Once you're happy you have coated the whole glove place it in a warm place for ten mins(radiator or warm room) and hey presto...supple clean glove!!

I've found it goes in really well on a dry glove warmed on a radiator. Once treated, leave it on the boiler for an hour or so and the glove is even more supple.

OrkneyFalconer
11-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Sounds good.
Any steps for a brand new glove? Should I treat it before use or wait nutil I've used it a little first? :)

Mikey
11-01-2007, 06:27 PM
I would treat the new glove before....it can only help the glove by waterproofing,softening etc.It will help your glove to shape nicely to your fist too

Hawkmaster
14-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Just used your gear on an old pair of Eagle jesses at Terry! Improved them no end and feel they could have done more with more treatment.

Ask Terry how they are now?

Mikey
20-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Just used your gear on an old pair of Eagle jesses at Terry! Improved them no end and feel they could have done more with more treatment.

Ask Terry how they are now?

Good stuff isnt it hm!! Just wish more people would put some faith in good old fashioned methods.(if it aint broke!!!)

Berkut
20-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Mike,
I could do with a couple of tubs.Let me know if you have any left.
Neil.

Mikey
22-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Mike,
I could do with a couple of tubs.Let me know if you have any left.
Neil.

I have plenty left for now m8!If anyone does want some ....p.m me.

Mikey
23-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Ok guys...n gals!!
If you want to purchase my wax formula p.m me.If you have any questions on how best to use the formula then please ask here or on the like or dislike thread i started!It may help others to make better use of their wax formula.
One question i have been asked regularly is 'can i make some into a grease cos i'm fed up with heating it all the time?"
YES! Just take a portion of the formula and place it in a microwave proof tub(chinese takeaways are good!!) Add a LITTLE oil and heat carefully(you can use ko cho...neats foot or similar)But to be honest i would just use a good quality cooking oil,it'll work just as well!
Once melted together give a stir so to blend together and then ...unfortunately you have to wait for it to cool before you can test the texture to see if it is how you like it for grease!(in this weather stick it outside!!)
Just dont thin it down too much as that will compromise the quality.The formula in its natural state(as you recieve it will lend itself to being used as grease anyway...just press into it with yer forfinger and you'll see!

LongVVing
24-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Ok guys...n gals!!
If you want to purchase my wax formula p.m me.If you have any questions on how best to use the formula then please ask here or on the like or dislike thread i started!It may help others to make better use of their wax formula.
One question i have been asked regularly is 'can i make some into a grease cos i'm fed up with heating it all the time?"
YES! Just take a portion of the formula and place it in a microwave proof tub(chinese takeaways are good!!) Add a LITTLE oil and heat carefully(you can use ko cho...neats foot or similar)But to be honest i would just use a good quality cooking oil,it'll work just as well!
Once melted together give a stir so to blend together and then ...unfortunately you have to wait for it to cool before you can test the texture to see if it is how you like it for grease!(in this weather stick it outside!!)
Just dont thin it down too much as that will compromise the quality.The formula in its natural state(as you recieve it will lend itself to being used as grease anyway...just press into it with yer forfinger and you'll see!

Got some a few weeks ago and it totally resurrected a glove that I was considering throwing out. I floated it in boiling water so I could transfer it to a circular tub for easier storage. It works a treat and smells great too!
I tried it out on an old air rifle stock and it brought the grain out a treat.

All the best,

Mark

PS Do you keep the bees also?

Mikey
24-01-2007, 06:14 PM
The enemy keeps doing that with my tub of formula to! She keeps treating the flaming pine table with it!!!!But yes ...it's wicked on wood too!

Mikey
24-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Got some a few weeks ago and it totally resurrected a glove that I was considering throwing out. I floated it in boiling water so I could transfer it to a circular tub for easier storage. It works a treat and smells great too!
I tried it out on an old air rifle stock and it brought the grain out a treat.

All the best,

Mark

PS Do you keep the bees also?

The bees are my grandads.He doesn't use sugar supplements to increase production as it's just a hobby for him.He's done this since he was a boy(He's now 89)It is pure unadulterated wild flower honey n wax.He even throws the stuff away if the farmers plant rape seed near by!!!He says it spoils the honey.!!??

Shaun
31-01-2007, 09:26 PM
just having a read and will order some now, sounds great. will pm you mikey

Shaun
09-02-2007, 08:15 PM
received it this morning mate. used it on some flying and mews jessies - brilliant stuff!

will recommend to my mates here

thanks again

Shaun
09-02-2007, 08:16 PM
one of my mates around today and had a look at your beeswax, was very impressed. He is on about joining the forum this evening and I wouldn't be surprised if you get another order!

Mikey
10-02-2007, 06:22 PM
Thanks shaun.....glad you like it.Like i said...if you need any advice or have any complaints/queries just p.m me.

Bones
10-02-2007, 07:32 PM
if you need any advice or have any complaints/queries just p.m me.

Will second this as received mine last week from mikey and was impressed with the speedy delivery of the goods and once it arrived i PM'd Mikey to get the best methods as to using it for best results at which he responded promptly yet again and i have since tryed it on an old and i mean old mews jess's and after the first treatment they was good but after 2 treatments they are as supple as the day i cut them from the leather hide so will be trying it out on an old Ian Vance glove i have that i was gonna throw out but will give it a go with Mikeys bee's wax formula and ill post the results for you too see
I give it 9.5 outta 10 so far but the test is to come with the glove

Kentish Falconry
01-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Is Mikey still selling the Bees wax Formula?
I am still using the second pot he sent me and I have to say it works really well and keeps gloves etc like new. We found a glove that had dropped off the car over a year ago into a ditch by the time it had dried out it was as stiff as a board 2 treatments of the Wax Formula and you would never guess it had been in a ditch for a year
Terry

Mikey
01-04-2008, 04:21 PM
I am still using the second pot he sent me and I have to say it works really well and keeps gloves etc like new. We found a glove that had dropped off the car over a year ago into a ditch by the time it had dried out it was as stiff as a board 2 treatments of the Wax Formula and you would never guess it had been in a ditch for a year
Terry

Yes m8...still making the formula!! Glad u like it terry. Bones ...did you ever try it on that old glove you mentioned?? You promised pics!!?
Have not got enough orders though!! I dont think people believe it is that good!!

Kentish Falconry
01-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Yes m8...still making the formula!! Glad u like it terry. Bones ...did you ever try it on that old glove you mentioned?? You promised pics!!?
Have not got enough orders though!! I dont think people believe it is that good!!

Mikey I have heard all the sales pitches going over the years and as most of the members know I do not comment on others products until I have personally tried them out.
Your Formula far exceeded expectations and I was not convinced just how well it would work. Well I tried it and Paul (Hawkmaster) was here when we restored some old Eagle equipment. It was brilliant and anyone who says it is not either wants their heads testing or they don't know how to use it.
Great Stuff & well done Mikey
Terry :supz::supz:

Bones
01-04-2008, 06:42 PM

Yes i did get around to using it on the old glove i had lined it up for mate and as stated by others it did restore it back to it former state but must add it took 2 applications of your formula mate but it was worth it as came back up like new i now use it on all my leather equipment and once treated with it it only takes a small amount thereafter to mantain the suppleness of the leather i was very impressed with the product and would recco it to anyone without hessitation

will sort some pics out lol

PAUL

Mikey
02-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Thanks Guys!!! On that note...if anyone would like to purchase just p.m me!!
And to save people from having to ask .... you get 8oz of formula for 6 plus p+p wich is about 1.70 in the uk(and i send the instructions for use..and no it's not at all complicated!!)
Once again...thanks bones n terry for your comments.

Bones
02-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Thanks Guys!!! On that note...if anyone would like to purchase just p.m me!!
And to save people from having to ask .... you get 8oz of formula for 6 plus p+p wich is about 1.70 in the uk(and i send the instructions for use..and no it's not at all complicated!!)
Once again...thanks bones n terry for your comments.

No probs as praise where praise is due mate and when i need some more i will let you know

PAUL

Mikey
02-04-2008, 09:21 PM
No probs as praise where praise is due mate and when i need some more i will let you know

PAUL

See you in a few years then!!! lol

Fenlands Rescue
02-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Terry

Well after reading this and other positive comments I have ordered my first pot. No other grease has worked on two gloves I was given, so lets see.

Mikey
02-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Just answered your pm george..will dispatch formula and instructions sometime tomorrow!! so 1-2 days. Thanks m8!!

Bones
03-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Well after reading this and other positive comments I have ordered my first pot. No other grease has worked on two gloves I was given, so lets see.

You will not be dissapointed with the product im sure of that

And Mikey as soon as i need some more i will be in touch no worries mate

PAUL

KevGem1
03-04-2008, 09:08 PM
hi mikey,just sent payment through paypal cheers KEV.

Fenlands Rescue
07-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Mine arrived this morning. Will be treating a glove i was given that is rock hard so giving it its hardest challenge.

Smiggs
07-04-2008, 10:15 PM
hello mikey forum wont let me pm you to order some beeswax.could you pm me with details.be much appreciated

As The Falcon Her Bells
07-04-2008, 10:26 PM
why is no one competing in Mikes competition thread? The price is wax for free......:supz:

Fenlands Rescue
08-04-2008, 05:18 AM
Followed Mikes comprehensive guide notes and treated the rock hard glove. left it overnight while at work and have just checked it. Stunned how good it has come up.
Had already tried chooline, saddle soap and other jessie grease I have with no luck.
I now have a glove I can use again. This is a good glove that I am pleased to be able to start wearing.
Got another that is also hard. Both came from the same guy. Will be treating that one today.
Thanks Mike great product.

Hawkmaster
08-04-2008, 09:46 AM
You should have taken pictures George!

Bones
08-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Followed Mikes comprehensive guide notes and treated the rock hard glove. left it overnight while at work and have just checked it. Stunned how good it has come up.
Had already tried chooline, saddle soap and other jessie grease I have with no luck.
I now have a glove I can use again. This is a good glove that I am pleased to be able to start wearing.
Got another that is also hard. Both came from the same guy. Will be treating that one today.
Thanks Mike great product.

I had exactly the same outcome when i used it on an old glove i had hanging around and as stated before wouldnt hesitate to recco it to anyone

PAUL

LSD1
08-04-2008, 09:22 PM
hello mikey forum wont let me pm you to order some beeswax.could you pm me with details.be much appreciated

hi ya mate
mikey is my mentor and he had asked me to contact you
he is unable to get on line due to building work going on and has asked me to see if you have a pay pal acount if so if you send the payment of (8 per tub) state how many tubs you would wont to uczmikey@hotmail.com and he will send them asap to you
dont worry im keeping track so he doesn'y for get as he is realy busy as you can under stand
regards
lsd1

Smiggs
08-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Nice one for getting back.Ill contact him straight away.cheers la:lol:

Fenlands Rescue
09-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Two gloves I had nearly given up on restored to perfect working order, so I will not be using anything else in future. Will knock up some jessies etc in the next few days and try soaking them. Sure the result will be just as good.
By the way his instructions are very clear and precise. they cover treating new leather, upkeep of equipment and restoring old gear.

Mikey
23-04-2008, 04:24 PM
just an update
for you all who have payed by paypal
and who wonts some wax i will be gettibng gas back at my house by monday so will be sending it all out asap
regards
mikey
sorry for any inconvience

Mikey
14-05-2008, 04:38 PM
to all of you who have payed for wax formula and have been waiting a while due to major cockups by my architect (will tell you if you ask lol)
its all on its way and you all have 2oz's extra for being so patient...
thank you.
if any one else wonts any im back to normal production
regards
mikey

ps
if your using the wax formula for the fist time your coments will be very welcome on this thread

PrinceOfTheWesternDesert
14-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Well then get it to a soft texture and sell it in the high street as Sex wax!:lol:

you probably think sex wax, has somthing to do with sex,, nope,,
its for surfing,,
http://www.sexwax.com/

Mikey
03-06-2008, 09:17 PM
hi ya all
if any one wonts any for the bezzwax please just drop me a pm and ill get it sorted for you all.Those of you who have bought the wax already i hope you like it and if you have and questions get in contact
regards
mikey

Leo 1
18-10-2008, 08:17 PM
pm sent i whant a tub :supz: