PDA

View Full Version : New Bird

Graham Stuart
27-10-2006, 09:59 AM
Ive been pm,ing loads of members looking for a HH, unbenowing to me my wife managed to track a female down and i got a very nice surpriz when i came home from picking the kids up from school, She came from a local lady who got her from a guy in Leeds called Terry Young, as she just found out she is expecting twins and has 4 kids already she thought she would find a home for her while she is young, she is now 35 weeks old, and she has obviously been manned very well and had a lot of time spent on her,only on a creance, she flies straight to the glove on the whistle, im just gonna let her settle today then get a bunny lure out tomorow and see how she does, she is A fraction over th 2lb mark, she aint never seen a dog before so she was very interested in my schnauzer bitch and week old pups in there cage, my wife got a load of top quality gear with her as well including new digi scales and an excellent water proof carry carry box, all for a very good price i may add:yawinkle: will let you all know how she gets on, i aint let her see my owls yet as the lady said she hated her barn owl..lol...graham..

White Sea Eagle
27-10-2006, 10:09 AM
She's lovely Yeh that us know how she gets on. Will soon have that prob myself introducing harris to owl when i get 1. will be interesting.

I got a suprise yesterday too. My cockatiel laid me an egg for days she'd been following me around and when i touched her shed go stiff tail in the air. I have let her sit on the egg even though infertile. hopeful she'll stop.

Lascelles
27-10-2006, 10:14 AM
Nice One:lol: - but I would cover the bow with astroturf.
Keep us updated on those scottish bunnies.

Graham Stuart
27-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Nice One:lol: - but I would cover the bow with astroturf.
Keep us updated on those scottish bunnies.

Already done that this morning mate, it was an old one that i can bring in the house,had do dig it out the hut under a pile of junk, the others have spikes and in the front Garden... pics were taken last night.

Lascelles
27-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Already done that this morning mate, it was an old one that i can bring in the house,had do dig it out the hut under a pile of junk, the others have spikes and in the front Garden... pics were taken last night.

Wasn't trying to be clever. I'm new on IFF so not sure yet who knows what.
If you don't say anything then the falconer is no wiser & the bird suffers.
Cheers.

BrianM
27-10-2006, 12:55 PM
hehe barney , i knew all about it,,,,,,, enjoy

Kevin Massey
28-10-2006, 12:41 AM
Moved from GFT

Graham Stuart
30-10-2006, 07:53 AM
Had her out yesterday as its the first day the rain has stopped, she is coming the full length of the creance, but was getting quite tired, so i will get the bunny out today and see how she goes on that:yawinkle:

Graham Stuart
30-10-2006, 05:49 PM
Had Alba out today it was blowing a gale but i didnt want to keep her in so took her out for an hour and she was really good coming into the wind, but a couple of times she flew back to me with the wind and overshot the glove a bit but she done really well, had the dummy bunny out but she didnt pay much attention to it as it was so windy i think, i will get her on the bunny tomorrow if the wind setles down a bit...i managed to take a couple of pics one when she overshot the glove she hit the camera...lol

BlackShaheen1
30-10-2006, 06:20 PM
glad to hear you have got a new bird have fun

Graham Stuart
30-10-2006, 06:42 PM
glad to hear you have got a new bird have fun
Thanks, i Cant wait to start hunting hith her, i just hope the weather improves a bit as i cant get the owls out cause the wind:yawinkle:

W Jenkins
30-10-2006, 07:33 PM
I am well chuffed for ya Barney boy now get out there and get some serious hunting done bud:supz:

Graham Stuart
18-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Took alba out today with rossi_hawker, it was dry and not too windy, took her out her box, put on her flying jesses and let her go into the field beside us, she flew for 50 yrds turned and waited for us to follow her then flew over and landed at our feet, we walked to a large bank of trees when the heavens opened and we all got a good soaking, she was following on a treat and never went too far, going over a fence i cast her off and she took off and went right over the tree tops and out of sight, a coupe of blasts on the whistle and she was right there soaring above before landing on the glove for a small bit off food, we headed back to the car after an hour as we were all soaked by this time, didnt see any bunnies or pheasent, they probobly had more sence than us and were sheltering from the rain, but all in all very pleased with her performnce and ahe behaved brilliantly...now i cant wait for the bunnies:yawinkle: and a nice frosty sunny morning...graham

Kentish Falconry
18-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Took alba out today with rossi_hawker, it was dry and not too windy, took her out her box, put on her flying jesses and let her go into the field beside us, she flew for 50 yrds turned and waited for us to follow her then flew over and landed at our feet, we walked to a large bank of trees when the heavens opened and we all got a good soaking, she was following on a treat and never went too far, going over a fence i cast her off and she took off and went right over the tree tops and out of sight, a coupe of blasts on the whistle and she was right there soaring above before landing on the glove for a small bit off food, we headed back to the car after an hour as we were all soaked by this time, didnt see any bunnies or pheasent, they probobly had more sence than us and were sheltering from the rain, but all in all very pleased with her performnce and ahe behaved brilliantly...now i cant wait for the bunnies:yawinkle: and a nice frosty sunny morning...graham

Well done Graham pleased you got sorted in the end and the bird seems to be doing well with you
ATB
Terry :supz:

Rossi_Hawker
18-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Yes was a good time , i am still drying out but was nice to see her fly and good feeling and sorta relief to see her following us:D . cant wait for next time .
thanks for takin us out still barney
drew

BlackShaheen1
18-11-2006, 08:28 PM
barney is a good guy you cant go far wrong with him even if he forgets to pack an umbrela

Salty
18-11-2006, 08:45 PM
sounds like youre enjoyin yersels lads,keep it up,salty:supz:

Graham Stuart
21-11-2006, 08:27 AM
Out on sunday, Alba was following on and taking some long flights, she took off after a crow about 100yrds away and narrowly missed it before bieng mobbed by them and returning to the fist, as usuall the rain ****ed down, there were a few neds on quads so i think any animal in there right minds was hidding, was supposed to be out today but the clutch on the car broke yesterday so in for a new clutch today and a hefty repair bill. hope to enter her very soon....graham

p.s i have a slr digi cam for sale in the for sale section.....

Andy_G
22-11-2006, 07:15 AM
great bird make u will have some fun with her

Graham Stuart
25-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Had Alba out wednesday went for a good 2 mile walk with her following on a treat was just heading for home when a Large Hare made off in front of us a good distance away, she caught sight of it and off she went loosing it as it went into thick bushes, i ran over and got her back on the glove and headed to where i last seen it, just as i was about to go over a fence under some bushes and Alba took off and was darting from side to side of the bushes then off she went after the hare again for a good 150 yrds, i ran (not very fast in wellies and muddy field)she landed on a large mound when i caught up with her, i was walking the other way when i nearly stood on the bloody thing, I whistled and she turned saw it and was off, a good 300yrd flight but tried to get a foot on it and missed and it jinked and ran the opposite way leaving her looking bemused when i eventually got to her, a little out of breath..lol. so took her home and fed her up

Took her out today after a good couple of miles treck she had a go at a bunny but it just made the warren so she sat looking down the hole for a minute then we started heading back and stood on a viaduct bridge talking to an old geezer when she took off and almost nailed a cock pheasant in mid air, turning and following it back accross the river where it went into thick cover, she crashed straight in after it but the little ****er got away, we then went up a dirt track where i spotted a couple of hen pheasants and crept slowly towards them and let her go about 30ft or so away, she managed to get a foot on one of the hens arse's but couldnt keep up with it but tried for a good 200 yrds then sat in the field for a minute and returned to the glove.....its amaing the feeling you get when she is after quarry...hope to get some rabbit curry soon..graham

Graham Stuart
28-11-2006, 10:29 AM
Was out sunday afternoon with Alba and was walking parallel to the river mabay 250yrds way when off she went and nailed a stoat(i think) i heard it squeeling and ran over to the bank but unfortunatly ahe was on the other side of the river, and due to the heavy rain the river was in spate, so i was half way running back to the nearest bridge (1 mile away) with Drew(rossi_hawker lagging behind lol)when the wife shouted she had let it go, i ran back and she hopped about looking for it, i thought mabay it had bitten her as there was some blood on her foot, but after cleaning it with antiseptic and putting on cream there was no blood or bite markes on the foot to see, we will get a kill next time i hope.....graham

Graham Stuart
29-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Was hoping to get out yesterday but it was blowing a gale and today is even worse.....bloody weather men say its to get worse in the next few days as well....graham

Joey
29-11-2006, 12:17 PM
try taking her out in abit of a gale graham mate i do this with my female she just gets blown about abit but gets her fit coming back to me and she will go about 500 yards away then go up to about 100ft and come back over me she must be thinking shes a falcon how is she anyway mate enjoying the hunting i bet

joey

Tyto
29-11-2006, 02:01 PM
sounds like you have yourself a lovely bird there and that you are having some good hunting hope the weather is not so wet so you can get in some more.great pictures too.x:supz: :supz: :supz:

Graham Stuart
29-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Im going out tomorrow early and try and catch the bunnies on the hop...lol
Its great just getting out with her and ive lost over a stone in 2 weeks:lol: