PDA

View Full Version : group flying

Boustanji
11-02-2007, 02:02 PM
hi i would like to go hunting with my mhh and my father fhh but how do i get them both used too each other so i can saftely fly them together.:P

Leo 1
11-02-2007, 02:05 PM
hi i would like to go hunting with my mhh and my father fhh but how do i get them both used too each other so i can saftely fly them together.:P

they shod me ok m8 are they ok on the bow to gether

Boustanji
11-02-2007, 02:07 PM
no they havnt seen each other yet this is my mhh first year and my dads fhh second year.

Leo 1
11-02-2007, 02:08 PM
sit them next to ech uther but not to close the mhh shud me ok

Boustanji
11-02-2007, 02:15 PM
okay ill tr but do i have to stay there incase anything happens,

Leo 1
11-02-2007, 02:17 PM
okay ill tr but do i have to stay there incase anything happens,

ye m8 but the sud be ok hh are prity sosable

Boustanji
11-02-2007, 03:37 PM
has anyone else have any advice:D

Palmer
11-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Bow them out in the garden together as tigger says (but not on the same bow)

Do this untill you think they will be alright together and then only time will tell.

Leo 1
11-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Bow them out in the garden together as tigger says (but not on the same bow)

Do this untill you think they will be alright together and then only time will tell.

thank's for agreying

Pitbull
11-02-2007, 04:10 PM
when flying a pair together you can sometimes raise their weight by 1/2 oz this can also help.

Mr_Colin
11-02-2007, 04:17 PM
I went to a field meet in scotland with some friends and my FHH in her third season had never been flying with other birds before. She was bowed out with 2 male HH and 2 FHH for a few hours. Day one saw flying from the fist for most of the day and for the last hour my female and Kevin Mass's FHH were released and were following on lovely with no problems at all. They had never met before.

The next day saw my FHH soaring with a male HH and generaly following on. The 4th day we had 3 female HH following on with no problems at all.

HH's are very socialbe so should be ok. It does help if they see each other for awhile first. Bow them out on different bow's for a few days if your worried and for the first trip out only do flights from the fist so they get used to seeing other birds flying.

I would be quite happy for my bird to fly with other HH now but I was shitting myself when I first did it.

Hope that helps alittle

Colin

Gav.Hawks
11-02-2007, 04:41 PM
hi there.bow them out together mate,keep the distance.it should only be a matter of time.

Rex06
11-02-2007, 04:43 PM
if you have a week or 2 it will be easy and safe
just put them in eatch other hood and closer and closer. when they get food let them see eatch other eating . when 1 of them has a full crob put him in an aviary with the other one tetherd and in the next days do the same but with the other one lose . if you see they are oke just let them loos together

they will fight a litle in the beginning but that is normal
(there is a difference between fighting and killling !)
i had a film of this "fighting somewhere but can't find it.

greetzz

Palmer
11-02-2007, 04:55 PM
if you have a week or 2 it will be easy and safe
just put them in eatch other hood and closer and closer. when they get food let them see eatch other eating . when 1 of them has a full crob put him in an aviary with the other one tetherd and in the next days do the same but with the other one lose . if you see they are oke just let them loos together

they will fight a litle in the beginning but that is normal
(there is a difference between fighting and killling !)
i had a film of this "fighting somewhere but can't find it.

greetzz

What do you mean in each others hood?
Also isn't it silly feeding them so they can see each other as one will bait towards the other.

Bones
11-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Sorry to dissillusion you all but i went out with romeoharrishawk from of the forum today with mine and his MHH's and they have seen each other several times/seasons and hunted together on selective flights from the fist on bolted rabbits several times romeo has even had a mirror in his aviary but his bird nailed mine today for no reason after being out for 10 minutes free flight following on so all i will say is never underestimate them both birds are mature as well mine is sound with other HH's as i have flown him several times with others he will even sit and watch other HH's feed from kills without bating but as for romeo's we dont know what happened to him

PAUL

Boustanji
12-02-2007, 07:03 AM
thanks guys for your advice and bones hows your hh after being nailed is he okay:?:

Mark Collins
12-02-2007, 04:43 PM
When i used to fly harris hawks a mate bought a male same year, we put them on the lawn together, to begin with then took them into the field , some harris hawks can be aggressive but generaly if they have been reared correctly they are fine together , its a lot of fun flying a cast , we did it for a couple of seasons, they took all manner of quarry , and bred together, just be carefull when they first go loose , also be very carefull on kills , mark.

Bones
12-02-2007, 04:55 PM
thanks guys for your advice and bones hows your hh after being nailed is he okay:?:

thanks for the concern mate but he was lucky and could have been worse as just a few feathers lost from neck and chest with a couple of slight punture wounds but he seems ok today just a bit sore i suppose so given him a few days rest to settle back down before taking him back out and will keep an eye on the wounds to make sure they dont get infected

PAUL

Boustanji
12-02-2007, 06:23 PM
good to hear that well good luck with the wounds:D
rafael

Bones
12-02-2007, 06:34 PM
good to hear that well good luck with the wounds:D
rafael

Thanks

PAUL