PDA

View Full Version : Common ? buzzard for a RT

Pitbull
07-03-2007, 08:21 PM
How many of you have for a split second taken a second look whilst driving past a buzzard thinking it could possibly have been a RT.
I have noticed up this way that there we are seeing alot more CBs with whiter chests than the standard.

Taowolf
07-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Pitbull, you are not the first to bring this up in conversation. I was just talking to friends of mine up north and they said the same dam thing. My friend lost a finnish female goss about 3 years ago on our land, and to this day i see her 2 or 3 times a week.

Do you think that this goss would mate with our other types of bop. She was a PR bird so is it possible ?

Regards Cameron.

Berkut
07-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Pitbull, you are not the first to bring this up in conversation. I was just talking to friends of mine up north and they said the same dam thing. My friend lost a finnish female goss about 3 years ago on our land, and to this day i see her 2 or 3 times a week.

Do you think that this goss would mate with our other types of bop. She was a PR bird so is it possible ?

Regards Cameron.

I would doubt it.Would be worth trapping though.She,ll be some hunter now.

Barbary Boy
07-03-2007, 09:49 PM

Regards Cameron.

she might eat other species ? but will never mate with anything other than another gos? surely you realised this ?

GaryPCO
07-03-2007, 09:59 PM
How many of you have for a split second taken a second look whilst driving past a buzzard thinking it could possibly have been a RT.
I have noticed up this way that there we are seeing alot more CBs with whiter chests than the standard.

ive donte to the extent ive turned my vehicle round just to double check lol!;)

Taowolf
08-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Tried trapping etc but to no avail niel. Just one of these things i suppose i'm glad it was not one of mine.

Barbory Boy - You seem to know alot, so i will ask you. So there has been no recorded cases that a goshawk in captivity or wild has never breed with another raptor of different species.

Regards Cameron.

SSL
08-03-2007, 04:26 PM
She,ll be some hunter now.

Or a fantastic mugger :yawinkle:

AlexB
08-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Hi there Cameron, out here in Germany where I live I have seen CB's this year from nearly black in colour to completely white and every shade in the middle. Even a couple I would almost swear were RT's but the flying style was CB. :supz:

Pitbull
08-03-2007, 04:30 PM
is it the introduction of the european buzzard into this country that has brought the whiteness into the uk population.

Richard
08-03-2007, 04:36 PM
is it the introduction of the european buzzard into this country that has brought the whiteness into the uk population.

Its probably always been there, although we're an island I dare say buzzards are able to cross the channel

SwanHawk
08-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Seen a couple at my end as well always bean white chest or speckle lovely birds even more white when they take off bright white under wings More unusual was the almost black CB think it was a male it was a wee tad smaller than the other which hangs around the same area its a real cracker anyway it made me do a double take