PDA

View Full Version : Which bells?

MarkieBoi
29-07-2007, 11:50 AM
guys i no i should go to a falconry shop and choose bells with the sound thats best suited for my hearing but as i dnt have a falconry shop anywhere near me could you look on this link and tell which are best quality and which has the best sound (by past experience or what you have been told)

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=Falconry+Bells

Sparrow Hawker
29-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Andy Peels ones are very good (peelsbells on here) very well made, great tone and they last to. A lot of people rate Nobel bells but personally they don't suit my hearing I find there too high a pitch IMO and much prefer low pitched bells.

SH

Jiff
29-07-2007, 10:16 PM
the best thing mate is pick em up and listen, when i baught my bells i whent to the falconry fair and twanged afew, i eventualy baught some from andy peel this will be theire fourth season and still are as crisp as the day i baught em! andys not maken em anymore (or he's supplier as fell out with him) only joking andy! i can't comment on experiance as i aint tried anyother bells, but then again have no reason to!:lol:

Greg
29-07-2007, 10:40 PM
The best bells are the ones that you can hear! We are all different and our hearing ranges change with age as well. The only real way to pick bells is to go through a good number and try them. If that is not possible then just go for the best make you can. I think Peels have been mentioned Valardie (not sure of spelling) are excellent and I'm sure there are several more. Take your pick but without hearing them yourself you are in a lottery!

MarkieBoi
30-07-2007, 07:30 AM
guys i no i should go to a falconry shop and choose bells with the sound thats best suited for my hearing but as i dnt have a falconry shop anywhere near me could you look on this link and tell which are best quality and which has the best sound (by past experience or what you have been told)

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=Falconry+Bells

yeh i would jaggle a few i havent got shop near me that does em :( n im not sure of any shoes atm

Dave G
30-07-2007, 07:57 AM
ive had many different ones and at the moment use peels bells which i like very much cheers dave

Murph
30-07-2007, 08:09 AM
Larry Counce!! Ive heard a few bells and ive had Nobles and Andy Peels but im fav is Counce! But Andy Peels are very very good too!:supz:

GriffMJ
30-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Peels Bells...... keep getting different makes to try.... but still go back to Andy Peels bells (and he is back in business after a house move).

Kevin Massey
30-07-2007, 09:46 AM
I do like Noble Bells myself

mover
30-07-2007, 12:05 PM
i have used them all, but peels and noble come out best for me.

GoodFooter
30-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Velarde.....( took over from acorn asborne bells) have yet to find a bell of equal quality but I havent had a 'peels' bell yet and only heard good reports. Velarde seem pretty hard to get hold of so andy peels seems a good option and seemed like a nice bloke ( he returned a call when I left a message which cant be bad!)

Horus 361
01-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Dave Noble bells,
tone suits my hearing perfectly :supz:
ATB
Todd

PeelsBells
01-08-2007, 02:25 PM
I think Peelsbells are the best, top quality and excellent craftmanship. He can make bells to what ever tone suits. Im sure he makes them by hand and not pressed out which may cause cracking in the future, i have even heard that if you dont like the sound or pitch when sent out to you he will replace.:lol:
He has just started up again after several months with out a house with different thickness material, so the bells go that extra season.;) I dont put anything else on my birds or is that because they are free.:supz:
Hope this helps just jump in whats 16 its not the earth :rolleyes: