PDA

View Full Version : Leather Supplier, Full Hides.

Alan G
29-08-2007, 03:33 PM
I have just been on the phone to a Tannery in Bridge Of Weir, Scotland.

I done some work in the tannery almost 20 yrs ago and remembered that they were prepared to sell me a full treated & finished hide, at a reasonable cost.

Now this company/tannery, supplies some of the biggest manufactures around, from Clarke's shoes to Jaguar, Saab, Aston Martin, Mercedes for their interiors to the houses of Parliament, Foreign Embassies, British Airways among other airlines and the Burj Al Arab 7 star in Dubai.

This is first class material and they are willing to sell their product to anyone giving them a call. They are also sending out a few samples to myself in the next couple of days.

So, this may be of use to you budding glove or hood makers out there, or you may want to get a few of you together to buy a hide between yourselves.

http://www.bowleather.co.uk/STI/BridgeOfWeir/bow_Contact.asp

Founded in 1905, Bridge of Weir Leather Company is a privately owned Scottish Company operating one of Europe's largest leather production facilities.

The Group's activities span raw hide processing and tanning, as well as the manufacture of finished leather.

Mark Collins
29-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Nice one alan,cheers, mark.

Alan G
29-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Nice one alan,cheers, mark.

Not a problem Mark, you are more than welcome. As is anyone.

I thought it worthwhile to contact the tannery again and see what their views were, in supplying hides to the general public, such to speak and they were as helpful as i remember them being.