PDA

View Full Version : What knot??

Lance111
17-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Hi all,
I made some Jessies tonight but can't seem to figure out how to knot them to the swivel?
Can anybody explain or show some pics of what knot to use for tieing the jessie to swivel? many thanks...

Falconry Equipment International
17-11-2007, 11:45 PM
I hav eused jesses for over 40 years without ever knowing there wasa a name for the 'knot' infact I am letd to beleive it is a larks head, howvere you will need slits in the ends of your jesses, deo you hav e these?

Lance111
17-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Hi,
Yes I have the slits.
What I have done is to feed the pointed end of the jessie through the largest hole of the swivel and thenplaced the small circle end of the swivel through the slits and then pulled upwards?
Is this near what it should be like?

Falconry Equipment International
18-11-2007, 12:18 AM
sounds like it , I will try to take some pics tomorrow for you

Dave G
18-11-2007, 08:29 AM
yes put the pointed end throu the big hole then put slit throu the little one at the bottom and bring it over the whole of the swivel and pull it to the top end of the swivel if this is done it should sit nice with a little pointed bit of leather sticking out ?? then the other jesse goes throu the big hole the oppersite way so when its pulled throu like the other one the pointed end sits the other way back to back /dave

JoHo
18-11-2007, 08:47 AM
I hav eused jesses for over 40 years without ever knowing there wasa a name for the 'knot' infact I am letd to beleive it is a larks head, howvere you will need slits in the ends of your jesses, deo you hav e these?

Its actually a larks foot but who really cares.

FredrickFogg
18-11-2007, 08:52 AM
yes put the pointed end throu the big hole then put slit throu the little one at the bottom and bring it over the whole of the swivel and pull it to the top end of the swivel if this is done it should sit nice with a little pointed bit of leather sticking out ?? then the other jesse goes throu the big hole the oppersite way so when its pulled throu like the other one the pointed end sits the other way back to back /dave

Hmmm, interesting way of doing it! I always just line up both jesses, run them through the top hole of the swivel and then thread the bottom hole through both slits and pull up. This can be done with one hand with the bird on the fist. But then again, I don't use the type of swivel shown in the picture, I use a Sampo swivel.

Fred

Dave G
18-11-2007, 10:22 AM

:supz: thats the way ;)

Gary F
18-11-2007, 10:27 AM
nice one joho,,,

HunterPaul
18-11-2007, 10:35 AM
jo ho is bang on... great pictorial

Sophie
18-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Hmmm, interesting way of doing it! I always just line up both jesses, run them through the top hole of the swivel and then thread the bottom hole through both slits and pull up. This can be done with one hand with the bird on the fist. But then again, I don't use the type of swivel shown in the picture, I use a Sampo swivel.

Fred

i use either way.. depending on the type of leash. mainly the way showed on the picture i believe this way is the safest as it doesn't get tangled in the swivel as often (not applicable with a sampo swivel)

FredrickFogg
18-11-2007, 11:01 PM
i use either way.. depending on the type of leash. mainly the way showed on the picture i believe this way is the safest as it doesn't get tangled in the swivel as often (not applicable with a sampo swivel)

Yeah, I would try it that way if I used that type of swivel, but I don't think any of the folks I know use those types of swivel. I have never had any problems with anything getting tangled, but as you said, not applicable with a sampo swivel.

Fred

Lance111
19-11-2007, 08:07 AM
Hey thanks for al your help:supz: I appriecate it.. Lance

Dave G
19-11-2007, 08:16 AM
lance you realy should have learnt this before getting your owl ?? as it dont take long to learn but does say your bird getting tangled up as to being tied some other way /dave