PDA

View Full Version : Bells needed.

Harrisii
28-02-2008, 07:08 PM
this is gonna sound really daft question but i am looking for a particular bell i have not been able to locate for ages.

thats not the daft part,

the daft part is that i aint sure what type of bell it is.

i have lots of lahore and noble bells and some other acorn types but the type i am looking for are spherical. not acorn type, with the join not highly visable. they are brass and have a great tone to them.
the attatchment for fitting the bell is thin, not flat like noble and lahore bells.

i used to have them years ago but kinda lost them over the years. now i want more but for the love of me i dont know what they are called.

can anyone stop laughing long enough to put me in the right direction??
would appreciate, H.

Derek Davison
28-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Could it be a larry counce bell or maybe asborno bell ? both of these have a nice tone.deke

PeelsBells
29-02-2008, 04:00 PM
this is gonna sound really daft question but i am looking for a particular bell i have not been able to locate for ages.

thats not the daft part,

the daft part is that i aint sure what type of bell it is.

i have lots of lahore and noble bells and some other acorn types but the type i am looking for are spherical. not acorn type, with the join not highly visable. they are brass and have a great tone to them.
the attatchment for fitting the bell is thin, not flat like noble and lahore bells.

i used to have them years ago but kinda lost them over the years. now i want more but for the love of me i dont know what they are called.

can anyone stop laughing long enough to put me in the right direction??
would appreciate, H.

i think you are talking about my bells lol. Were the bewit went through the bell it was a round bar like a letter n, the joint silver soldered and ground away to make a seamless joint once polished.

Harrisii
29-02-2008, 05:39 PM
i think you are talking about my bells lol. Were the bewit went through the bell it was a round bar like a letter n, the joint silver soldered and ground away to make a seamless joint once polished.

i hope you are right mate. they are excellent bells indeed and ive been looking for them.

being a cheepskate ive made do with lahore bells for a while now instead of sourcing the good uns. lol, (typical scotsman eh).

do you recognise these below? and if so, do you still make these type?

PeelsBells
29-02-2008, 06:21 PM
I definitly made them as the bottom is beryllium top brass,they are my old style.
I can still make them like that if you wish, just that i changed the design to last longer and also change the bewitt holder as found it to large and allowed the bells to hang on the anklet.

All the best

andy.

PeelsBells
29-02-2008, 06:25 PM
How many years have you had them and were did you get them from.

Harrisii
29-02-2008, 07:10 PM
How many years have you had them and were did you get them from.

ive had this particular one for about 5 or 6 years i think. it is a bit large for me so has been sitting in my tool box for long enough.
others ive had ive had for similar time. my brother still has some i gave him.
where i got them i dont recall. some were on birds i bought, some were aquired from god knows where.

i will save this one since they are no longer made this way,,

however i will be needing some of your new style ones.
i would love these older ones again but i wouldnt want to put you to any trouble. if you advocate your new ones for having the same quality but longer lasting etc then i am happy with that.
i will pm you with details and questions if thats ok.

that may explain why i could not locate them. i was on your website and your new bells were not the same so i assumed they were not that type. lol.

thanks for your help Andy, appreciated.

thanks for your time.
best wishes, H.

Fraser Hamilton
29-02-2008, 08:30 PM
av got 1 like that but dont no if its too big or not but if ya wont its thare if you wont it av got staks of bells and swivles anayway