PDA

View Full Version : Hoods for Trapping

Yarak_Eric
29-04-2008, 02:02 PM
This question may apply more so to those of us on this side of the pond, but I'm open for worldwide suggestions!

I'm looking forward to trapping my first red-tail this fall, and am curious about what sort of hood supply will I need? I'm assuming that I might need approximately four. Two for male and two for female, to accomadate size difference. I don't have a set sex in mind that I'm looking for, kinda happy with what mother nature gives me.

Does anyone have any recommendations on some inexpesive trapping hoods for red-tails at this point? Something that I could utilize until I can get one custom-fit. And when I do decide to get one custom fit, who would you recommend for quality and value?

Thanks guys!

Eric

SakerJack
29-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Try e-bay always some deals there and for trapping some of the hoods might do the job .

Yarak_Eric
29-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Your a hood maker aren't you Jack? What kind of charges would you have for a nice red-tail hood? What styles do you have? Got Pics? How hard is it to start making your own hoods? I know that I'd really like to give it a go someday, but at the current moment I'd love to help support some fellow mates on the forum.

SakerJack
29-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Your a hood maker aren't you Jack? What kind of charges would you have for a nice red-tail hood? What styles do you have? Got Pics? How hard is it to start making your own hoods? I know that I'd really like to give it a go someday, but at the current moment I'd love to help support some fellow mates on the forum.

YE, I make a few hoods now and then, please check out my web site, plenty of styles and I think I have very reasonable prices. As for making your own,, there have been dozens of threads on making your own hood etc, just remember a hood is a very important piece of equipment.. Get a poor fitting hood and you may have some problems.

Yarak_Eric
29-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Hey Jack, what would you recommend for style of hood as far as comfort for a red-tail? I'm highly interested in pickin one up from you sometime in the near future. What sort of process do I need to go through to determine what's best for my bird? Do I need to wait until I recieve the bird to do some measurements and get a perfect hood at that time? Sorry to bombard you with so many questions. Just an eager apprentice. My mentor's not to keen on hoods for redtails, but through most of the research I've done, I have determined it to be a beneficial part of training and manning.

Eric

Yarak_Eric
29-04-2008, 04:29 PM
You've got a PM Jack