PDA

View Full Version : Trying to source good quality eagle size eyelet closing tools.

Barry
19-08-2008, 03:30 PM
As many of you know, our small centre was broken into twice during the last couple of years. Leaving aside the lowlife piece of sh*te that did it, I'm having a little trouble replacing a couple of odds and sods.

Amongst what was stolen was all of my equipment making tools. This included several screw type eyelet closing tools, among them were several made by Double R Products. Sadly, Ron Lippard of Double R died in a motorcycle accident some years ago and Double R no longer exists.
Ron was a superb engineer and the closing tools he made were of the finest quality I ever used. While I have been able to replace the smaller ones from other manufacturers, I have not been able to find a quality replacement for the big ones. The size I used for eagles was PP26 which was denoted on the RR Products tool with a set of 6 rings turned into each end of the body of the tool (PP20, no rings, 22 - 2 rings, 24 - 4 rings etc).

Does anybody have such a tool kicking around that they don't use, or does anybody know anyone producing a quality PP26 size closing tool?

Any help much appreciated.

Barry

Gal-Fal
19-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi Barry

We got ours from Martin Jones 01600 750300. Reasonably priced and good quality. Cost about 27., came with eyelets and washers

Ffyona

Barry
19-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Hi Barry

We got ours from Martin Jones 01600 750300. Reasonably priced and good quality. Cost about 27., came with eyelets and washers

Ffyona

Hi Ffyona, Thanks for this, was it a PP26 size?

Barry

Gal-Fal
20-08-2008, 06:45 AM
yes, for our white tail