PDA

View Full Version : Best Hawking Vest

RyanP
01-12-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm looking into getting a hawking vest which is the best make?

Pearl
01-12-2008, 05:40 PM
falconry originals had it above 10 years still going strong :supz:

Juddy Casper
01-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Doug pineo
J.C

SmallPeregrine
01-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Doug pineo
J.C

I'll second that.....:D
They take some beating for quality and wear and tear
ATB
Phil

Kentish Falconry
01-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Doug Pineo without a doubt.:supz: I have had mine for at least 10 years, I brought in 3 Vests for club members (BHA) and they still have theirs as well. I have had the cheaper versions for staff and they have all had to be replaced at one time or the other.
Doug was the inventor of this type of Hawking Vest and all the others are just poor quality copies. The finish and longevity of Doug's Vest is by far the best on the market. You get what you pay for these days
Terry :)

ChrisGos
01-12-2008, 06:25 PM
I like the falcon fabrications version. It is more of a hunting waist coat, fit well with a good game pocket and front pockets, it also has some useful zipped pockets for keys, phone etc. Looks great as a bonus.

KenG
01-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Deaddogs makes good vest, in between returning lost falcons

AccyFalcons
02-12-2008, 07:13 PM
got mine from westwealds aint had it long really,but all seems to be going well and i know it washes well and the food pockets are very hygeinic.it was cheap too:eek:

chris.

B C
02-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Got to agree with Ken G
My old mate Deaddogs makes a cracking good waistcoat (but he's **** at hoods! lol.)

B C

DeadDogs
02-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Got to agree with Ken G
My old mate Deaddogs makes a cracking good waistcoat (but he's **** at hoods! lol.)

B C

T--T !!!

Finnish
02-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Doug pineo
J.C

100% AGREE.....:supz:

GavSterry
22-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Is this the one that people are raving about :D
http://www.pineofalconry.com/product_more.php?id=47

GavSterry
22-12-2008, 09:14 PM
woops

PerdixHunter
23-12-2008, 05:14 AM
Doug Pineo without a doubt.:supz: I have had mine for at least 10 years, I brought in 3 Vests for club members (BHA) and they still have theirs as well. I have had the cheaper versions for staff and they have all had to be replaced at one time or the other.
Doug was the inventor of this type of Hawking Vest and all the others are just poor quality copies. The finish and longevity of Doug's Vest is by far the best on the market. You get what you pay for these days
Terry :)

Hello Terry,
I too have a Pineo vest that is about 15 yrs old and has served me well. Although it has had a variety of changes and modifications over the years. His first major improvement after the second one was returned was stiffly reinforced zippers on the gamebag access openings. And that third one is the one I am still using.
But, as a side note the credit for the "falconers gamevest" was introduced to American falconers by Tom Smylie. One of the USA's pioneer falcons. He wrote an article for the Hawk Chalk in the late 70's or early 80's. He provided brand names and vendors as I recall. He also illustrated some of the mods he made to accommodate our needs. Many of us ran out and purchased similar models and modified to our delight. I literally wore it out over a 10 or 12 year period. At that time I went thru the 3 vest evolution to my current vest. It needs some repair ..... but I am sure that the warranty has expired!
Allen Gardner

Redeye
23-12-2008, 09:24 AM
just to reinforce what others have said....doug pineo had cheaper versions/ copies that have given up but after 3seasons this one still seems like new.

Khizarfs
24-12-2008, 08:21 AM
We make Hawking Vest & Waist Coat in very High Quality and in more cheapest rates.
Vests Avaialble in

1) Nubuck Leather
2) Cordura
3) Canvas

Colors Can be any (Customer Demand)
If any body interest so PM me.

PhilZack01
26-12-2008, 12:29 PM
just read this thread has anyone tryed the due north vest phil

microc
01-01-2009, 11:11 AM
keep away from the lether 1 rabbit and it bust ,plus it dosent wash ,looks good but thats about it

Sean D
01-01-2009, 11:21 AM
I won a vest on ebay last year for 9.00, its doing ok , not a broken zip or anything, its had a fair bit of game in it as well, to be honest I thought it would fall to bits:lol:

Andy1
01-01-2009, 11:30 AM
i have a couple of vests and the best one i have seen or used for me, is by falconry originals they arn't cheap but are of great quality (and no i don't work for them or sell for them :rolleyes:)...i even bought a spare one off ebay the other week because of the price it was going for...:supz:

http://http://www.falconryoriginals.co.uk/Falconry%20originals%20pics/hawking%20vests.JPG

Simon C
01-01-2009, 02:10 PM
I use a falconry originals hawking vest and find to be very comfortable hard wearing and they look good got every i need on them

Eric B
01-01-2009, 03:19 PM
i want a real tree type one.
got a Bandolero Bag in real tree by pineo.
i would buy one if he used the same material for the Avatar.
so if he is reading this on the forum.lol
i amazed at some of the visiters on this site some great names.

Adam R
02-01-2009, 09:37 PM
ive got a falconry originals vest and its top notch! excellent quality, plenty of space for game, leashes, lures etc. Very comfortable as well!