PDA

View Full Version : Equipment

mick25
23-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Hi
i would just like to no wot equiment brand people like using is ben long equipment any good.:)

Harris
23-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Hi Mick, Ben Longs kit is very good but there is better out there. Be prepared for a lot of different responses to your question. The advice I always give is to buy the best you can afford and like the look and feel of.

Joey
23-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Hi Mick, Ben Longs kit is very good but there is better out there. Be prepared for a lot of different responses to your question. The advice I always give is to buy the best you can afford and like the look and feel of.
spot on advoce mate there tonnes of stuff out there mate but its how it suits you best i have had other gloves off other falconry suppliers and i have got a ben long glove its a khan and i like that the best (nice and comfy)

joey

Harris
23-01-2009, 08:21 PM
The stock answer is of course to approach one of the forum sponsors :yawinkle:

Miliscer
23-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Hi
i would just like to no wot equiment brand people like using is ben long equipment any good.:)

Hi Mick

Depends what equipment you mean.

Boxes - Gamehawker or Falcon Fabrications
Block perches - Falcon Fabrications or Crown Falconry
Bows - Crown
Gloves - Karen Rose or Ben long or make your own.
Telemetry - Marshals, Falconry Electronics, Luksander, tiny loc.
Leather furniture (Anklets, jesses ect) make your own.
Leashes - make your own
Bells - Andy Peel
Hoods - Ken Hooke or MJ Hoods (Anyone know if he is still making hoods?) (or make your own)

Etc

Mike

Yarak_Eric
23-01-2009, 08:25 PM
I'd like to throw a Dave Noble into the Bell Makers category. And if you're flying red-tails, get in touch with Gary Brewer for your hoods and squirrel chaps!

mick25
23-01-2009, 08:27 PM
I was just going to get a ben long glove for cheap:!:

David Rampling
23-01-2009, 08:27 PM
If you are new to the game it is easier to stick to one tried and trusted suplier who is going to give you reliable kit and sound advice. Ben Longs equipment is ideal, and can be trusted.

Harris
23-01-2009, 08:29 PM
I was just going to get a ben long glove for cheap:!:

By all means buy a glove from anyone, why not wait untill the Falconry Fair or Festival, where you can actually try on a glove to see if it fits, see the quality and compair it to others! Same as all the other equipment you need.

MGD
23-01-2009, 08:33 PM
ive had two ben long gloves both great, and lasting well.

CotswoldRedtail
23-01-2009, 08:36 PM
thread moved

Harris
23-01-2009, 08:43 PM
thread moved

Top Modding! I was so busy advising him I didn't notice which section it was in. :lol:

JayHawk
24-01-2009, 08:01 AM
i wouldnt advise a ben long vest....ask taffwall on here. i use a due north vest and apart frow the meat pouches that come with it it suits me nice and durable jay

EdenJohnny
24-01-2009, 05:50 PM
My OH got me a new glove, and hawking bag from falcon fabrications, Super responce time, and a top notch glove, It fits like a sock.!! johnny