PDA

View Full Version : Best wax for gloves

DannyRot
05-04-2009, 09:10 PM
could some of you tell me wot wax you use on your gloves and the reasons behind using it ? thanx in advance!

Pearl
05-04-2009, 09:12 PM
i use some stuff made for saddles as its non sticky but works in well cant remeber the name in german i think :rolleyes:

KenG
05-04-2009, 09:14 PM
mark is right it's called Stubben comes in a tube smells of smoked fish, most saddlers sell it, used it for years.

Harris
05-04-2009, 09:34 PM
I use Ko Cho Line on all my leather gear, it's great and doesn't smell of fish! :yawinkle:

DannyRot
05-04-2009, 09:52 PM
thanx for your post my glove has gone hard after not using it for so long hate this moultin lark lol!!

DannyRot
05-04-2009, 09:53 PM
I use Ko Cho Line on all my leather gear, it's great and doesn't smell of fish! :yawinkle:
simon were could i purchase that from?

Harris
05-04-2009, 10:01 PM
simon were could i purchase that from?

Westweald Falconry i got mine from mate. 4.95 a tin

http://www.westwealdfalconry.co.uk/leather.php (scroll to the bottom)

DannyRot
05-04-2009, 10:07 PM
is there anythin i can get my hands on that is sold on high streets as im very busy at work at min 7 day weeks and very hard 2 skive lol and my glove could do with some life put back in it !!

Kat67
05-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Ko cho line is also sold in saddlers shops and farmers marts or feed merchants that have an equine section. Look in your local yellow pages under those sections and give them a quick ring:supz:

CrossHawk
05-04-2009, 10:35 PM
i use some stuff made for saddles as its non sticky but works in well cant remeber the name in german i think :rolleyes:

Mark
Das is Hoz Vax maybe:supz:

Alan G
06-04-2009, 07:40 AM
is there anythin i can get my hands on that is sold on high streets as im very busy at work at min 7 day weeks and very hard 2 skive lol and my glove could do with some life put back in it !!

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=Ko+Cho+Line+&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Pearl
06-04-2009, 07:41 AM
I use Ko Cho Line on all my leather gear, it's great and doesn't smell of fish! :yawinkle:i hate this stuff never use it horrible sticky stuff :rolleyes:

FalconGriff
06-04-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm not keen on putting anything on the gloves as it goes through and makes them feel very cold and clammy. I buy gloves more often but when they are dirty or stiff I use a very stiff wire brush and brush the blazes out of them when they are bone dry I have never put a hole in them in all the years I have been doing it!! Raises the knap and gets all the crud off.

Pertie
06-04-2009, 03:09 PM
If your glove has become very hard, soak it in rain water and work the leather until soft, this will also help clean it. Stuff the glove with kitchen towel and allow to dry in a COOL dark place for a few hours. While still damp work some Johnsons baby oil (you wanted something from the High St.) into the leather. The Stubben preparation referred to in an earlier post is probably "Hamanol" - superb if you want a gleaming bridle and I don't think it smells of fish! There are many excellent leather care products available and those originating in Germany are amongst the best.