PDA

View Full Version : Hawking bags

Wilfred
23-05-2009, 07:50 PM
I think it is interesting to share any informations about interesting and nice hawking bags here.

Some while ago i think Griff showed me some nice one on a photo of falconry festival in Opocno CZ i think...but i can not find the link anymore right now to internet site.

I however found a site with a guy offering a medieval hawking bag which looks great i think
http://www.nmia.com/~bohemond/Bootshop/pouch-page/hawking-pouch.htm

I myself would be interested in any patterns for hawking bags so if anyone has any to share please let me know by PM.

Also any other bags and links but not the cordura ones i hope but just nice leather hawking bags can be shown here and information discussions on bags maybe?

Wilfred
28-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Is there no-one here that can supply me with other hawking bag patterns than the one in glasiers book??

Matt.Leese
28-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Is there no-one here that can supply me with other hawking bag patterns than the one in glasiers book??

buy a pull the thread,s out and copie, :supz: i have a real nice hawking / display bag. ill try and post a few pics. :)

Wilfred
04-10-2009, 07:46 AM
buy a pull the thread,s out and copie, :supz: i have a real nice hawking / display bag. ill try and post a few pics. :)

I would indeed be interested in pics.

Wilfred
04-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Also I would be interested in patterns for the mollen bags which where made in the early 1900's. I do not know them myself but would be interested to see them and better to know how to make.

Wilfred
06-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Well also the bag shown at this thread is a nice one.

http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=74350

PrinceOfTheWesternDesert
06-10-2009, 06:50 PM
you will probably have to make your own pattern,,,the medevil pouches are very rudimentary,,and you could probably use those ideas to make yourself something a little more to your liking,,,,the square bags i dont like at all,, i like guys glove patterns,,, but i hate those square bags

Wilfred
07-10-2009, 03:22 PM
you will probably have to make your own pattern,,,the medevil pouches are very rudimentary,,and you could probably use those ideas to make yourself something a little more to your liking,,,,the square bags i dont like at all,, i like guys glove patterns,,, but i hate those square bags

why do you hate square bags? is that just an aestetical issue or is it because of practical reasons