PDA

View Full Version : Lamping with a Golden.

Game & Pursuit Falcon UK
14-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Took my male Golden out lamping tonight for the first time in two years (Been flying in day light). Killed in the head lights of the Discovery, my hand held lamp just will not hold a charge. So flights from the vehicle were the order of the evenings entertainment with three flights in twenty minutes. The funny bit though was rcovering him after a missed flight.
Anybody else had a bird riding round and round on a sewarage sprayer (Its only water), whilst looking awfully pleased with itself? then had to go get it back!

Osiris
14-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Lol K. Nice one. Try and get some pics next time!! Did you manage to actually catch anything?

Jarreth
14-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Why fly when you can travel in style! If you could get a pikki if there is a next time, love to see it

Jarreth
14-11-2005, 10:22 PM
Squeek like a rabbit and I'm sure Goldie will find you!

Game & Pursuit Falcon UK
14-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Yep he killed, a bloody rabbit. I normally keep him to hares and bigger, but I couldnt go into the field centres as the crops are coming through. And the hand held aint working so it was rabbits on the head lands. Hoping to run into a fox one night soon!

Flying High
14-11-2005, 10:24 PM
sounds like you have had fun. never tried it but i would love to try hunt by lamp one day

Game & Pursuit Falcon UK
14-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Its OK but the first time you have a sharp hunting eagle come back down wind in the dark its time for new undies.

Liam Hay
14-11-2005, 10:42 PM
how come your lamping K with a goldie very unusual! where u working at

Game & Pursuit Falcon UK
14-11-2005, 10:50 PM
Just because I can realy, simple as. It gives me better access to the foxes as well. I work for myself within falconry.

Flying High
14-11-2005, 11:34 PM
nice one. would love to hunt golies then just do them in demos (i don't have on yet but have flown before) but i do not have the land

Game & Pursuit Falcon UK
15-11-2005, 05:54 PM
Myself and Addi are heading out again tonight sneeking about, oops I meant lamping. I shall be flying my Golden and hes bringing his female Harris so we should have some fun. I just hope hes left his chopper at home (see lamping with Harris' hawk).
If we get any good results or photos I shall endeavour to post them.
If anybody out there knows of anybody else lamping with eagles in the UK it would be nice to hear from them. I say in the UK because I know of an African Hawk eagle called Savannah being lamped at velvet monkeys.

Game & Pursuit Falcon UK
15-11-2005, 10:33 PM
The results are in one kill a piece, Addi will fill you in on his bit in the broadwing section. Pictures will be posted on both threads tomorrow. I got a flight at rabbit which ended in a kill. Nothing too dramatic but got the result. Then at the top end of one field we spied eyes, hoping for a fox we closed in. And were rewarded with a flight with a reflush across a field at a group of four Roe deer. All in a nights lamping!

Addi
16-11-2005, 09:16 AM
. I just hope hes left his chopper at home (see lamping with Harris' hawk).

says the guy who carrys a chopper just as big as mine! lol

pics as prommised !

more pics in broadwings section

Graham Stuart
16-11-2005, 09:22 AM
i soldered wire onto the battery terminals in the lamp and croc clips on other end and run them to the car battery, lets you get light about without it running out of charge...:wink: