PDA

View Full Version : Update on Talo my Ferruginous

Jazz1
16-11-2005, 01:25 AM
HI
About 3weeks ago Talo was unable to fly just about the length of herself and she was like she was on her last legs:(
So over the last 3weeks been getting her fitness up.
She is now free lofted which has helped a lot and to start out with in 1 of the field's on our ground got her to fly to the glove the usual stuff short length's to start with over and over untill she was flying a good 80feet.
Then i got her going on the swing lure with front rabbit legs on it which now she watches for and comes to very good now with just a doc or a bit of rabbit meat on.
A few days ago got her chasing a dead rabbit lure which she will fly from sitting on a fence post and me in the middle of the field running with the lure and hit it 4/5 times plus once she is on the rabbit if i keep dragging the rabbit a wee bit she will not let go.
After i let her have some of kill and cover it up can now throw the swing lure away form the kill which Talo will let go the kill for.
So in the last wee while please with how she as come on now will get her out and about and keep her fitness going:-) .
Gary.

MickeyDredd
16-11-2005, 07:39 AM
Is that farm in the background the one thats up for sale at the moment?

Graham Stuart
16-11-2005, 07:54 AM
well done mate you seem to be getting there...keep the pics coming :D