PDA

View Full Version : A small collection of important, difficult to find and collectable works on Falconry.

DJT
15-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Disposing of a small quality selection from my personal library, all books in great condition and some signed by the authors.
Realistic offers invited from interested forum members for individual books or the whole collection. Any not sold will be placed on worldwide ebay in the near future.

1) Desert Hawking 11, McElroy 1977, signed by author.

2) Gamehawk, Turner & Haslan 1991, signed by author.

3) A Manual for Hawking, Liam O' Broin 1993 signed by author.

4) The Imprint Accipiter, Mc Dermott 1998 signed by author.

5) Lathams Falconry in two books, Symon Latham 1615. (reprinted in facsimile, bound in one volume 1976)

6) Falconry and Art, Christian Antoine De Chamerlat, Sotheby's 1987.

7) Falcons and Falconry in Qatar, Al-Timimi 1987.

8) Falconry as a Sport- our Arab Heritage, Zaid Bin Sultan Al Nahayan (undated but believed 1976)

9) Hawks, Falcons and Falconry, Beebe 1976.

10) Raptor Management Techniques Manual, National Wildlife Federation. USA 1987.

Any interest please contact me by PM, Thank you.
Regards,
David.

Casper
15-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Disposing of a small quality selection from my personal library, all books in great condition and some signed by the authors.
Realistic offers invited from interested forum members for individual books or the whole collection. Any not sold will be placed on worldwide ebay in the near future.

5) Lathams Falconry in two books, Symon Latham 1615. (reprinted in facsimile, bound in one volume 1976)

8) Falconry as a Sport- our Arab Heritage, Zaid Bin Sultan Al Nahayan (undated but believed 1976)

10) Raptor Management Techniques Manual, National Wildlife Federation. USA 1987.

Regards,
David.

Not into bidding wars, how much for the first 4, obviously pm . Many thanks.

Parabuteo.de
16-04-2010, 10:43 PM
How much for book No. 5?

Claas

Tony James
16-04-2010, 10:55 PM
How much for book No. 5?

Claas

Hi Claas,

it would be the least expensive way to read Latham.
I think that edition is from the 'English Experience' series --- an edition I don't have, so you might have to bid an extra pound or two:yawinkle:.

Best wishes,

Tony.

LongVVing
16-04-2010, 11:57 PM
How much for book number 3?

DJT
17-04-2010, 01:15 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your interest.
Obviously as I am now selling this small collection I want to attain a realistic and fair price. However I am not a dealer so I am not thinking about profit margins and overheads, I am just looking to realise some of the money i've spent buying books over many years.
I've done my research so I have a good understanding of value and prices the trade are marketing these books at.
Because of the volatile way the book trade works, coupled with the key merits of some volumes in the collection I thought inviting offers was by far the fairest way to sell on the forum.

For anyone unsure of the value of a particular book may I suggest you research the trade, good sources of information are Abe books, Amazon and Falconry books UK.
Remember I am not a dealer so I am not looking for top dealer prices, though all my books are in top condition.
I won't be declining fair and realistic offers! (by PM please)

Take care,
David.

DJT
30-04-2010, 06:40 PM

Regards,
David.

Just an update. As of today, 30/04, books 1, 3, 7, 8, and 9, are now sold.
Offers invited over the weekend for the remaining books, before disposal at auction.
David.