Falconry Forum (IFF)

Falconry Forum (IFF) (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/index.php)
-   Lost, Found, Sighted or Stolen Birds of Prey? (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Goshawk lost in Essex. (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=141351)

Barry 10-02-2017 11:31 AM

Goshawk lost in Essex.

Posting for a friend in Essex who is not online.

Female Goshawk, took chase at quarry. Lost from sight, tracked for over a mile, where a big mess of pheasant feathers was found and unfortunately, among the mess was the birds transmitter. No sighting since yesterday (Thursday) afternoon.
The telemetry track down took Steve to near the A130 near Rettendon. Please keep your eyes and ears open if you happen to be near the area.
It is an adult bird, supremely fit and very aggressive. It will do fine for itself if left alone. The insult added to injury, is the owner was due to come up here with this Goshawk, to Scotland for a weeks hawking with us at the end of February.
Get in touch with me if anyone hears or sees anything.
Thanks
Barry

Chance 10-02-2017 11:43 AM

Re: Goshawk lost in Essex.

Fingers crossed for a fast and safe return. John

Hardcore Hawker 10-02-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry (Post 2152217)
Posting for a friend in Essex who is not online.

Female Goshawk, took chase at quarry. Lost from sight, tracked for over a mile, where a big mess of pheasant feathers was found and unfortunately, among the mess was the birds transmitter. No sighting since yesterday (Thursday) afternoon.
The telemetry track down took Steve to near the A130 near Rettendon. Please keep your eyes and ears open if you happen to be near the area.
It is an adult bird, supremely fit and very aggressive. It will do fine for itself if left alone. The insult added to injury, is the owner was due to come up here with this Goshawk, to Scotland for a weeks hawking with us at the end of February.
Get in touch with me if anyone hears or sees anything.
Thanks
Barry

I will keep my ears open for any information.

TerryS 10-02-2017 03:26 PM

That's near my house. Is it 216 frequency?

I drive past there every day

Barry 10-02-2017 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerryS (Post 2152220)
That's near my house. Is it 216 frequency?

I drive past there every day

Steve is on 216 Terry, but as described in the first post, the transmitter was found after the initial track down in a pile of pheasant feathers so the bird is now out without a transmitter.

Barry.

Grolsch 10-02-2017 04:07 PM

Steve is on 434
Atb Tim

TerryS 10-02-2017 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry (Post 2152221)
Steve is on 216 Terry, but as described in the first post, the transmitter was found after the initial track down in a pile of pheasant feathers so the bird is now out without a transmitter.

Barry.

Sorry I read it quickly.

Does she wear a bell.

I can probably muster up some helpers and a group of us could split up and search for her if you want.

It would be a shame for him to lose her.

Surely if enough people could be got together at first light one morning and split into individuals to search and area she can be located.

Barry 10-02-2017 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerryS (Post 2152230)
Sorry I read it quickly.

Does she wear a bell.

I can probably muster up some helpers and a group of us could split up and search for her if you want.

It would be a shame for him to lose her.

Surely if enough people could be got together at first light one morning and split into individuals to search and area she can be located.

Great shout Terry. Thank you on his behalf. Let me have a number and I'll pass it on to Steve so he can get in touch.
Barry

I Love My Dog 10-02-2017 06:56 PM

That's a really kind offer Terry. Good luck.

ChrisSquance 10-02-2017 07:10 PM

Well done Terry, that's the spirit. Good luck hope you find her. Atb Chris