Falconry Forum (IFF)

Falconry Forum (IFF) (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/index.php)
-   Lost, Found, Sighted or Stolen Birds of Prey? (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Goshawk found in Suffolk (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=141843)

Tony James 09-07-2017 02:19 PM

Goshawk found in Suffolk

I've picked up an adult male goshawk today in Suffolk, and any help in finding its owner would be appreciated.
It is wearing jesses and is close rung.
Regards,
Tony.

BradazTheFalconer 09-07-2017 08:03 PM

Re: Goshawk found in Suffolk

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony James (Post 2154928)
I've picked up an adult male goshawk today in Suffolk, and any help in finding its owner would be appreciated.
It is wearing jesses and is close rung.
Regards,
Tony.

Nice thing to do Tony. Hopefully you'll be able to get it reunited with its owner, hopefully the IBR will be able to work their magic!

Kind Regards,

Bradley

Phil71 10-07-2017 02:13 PM

at least it,s safe now hope you find the owner soon well done mate

Tony James 10-07-2017 11:54 PM

Thanks.
The owner made contact this evening, and is looking forward to meeting the goshawk he last saw 7 years ago!
Best wishes,
Tony.

ChrisSquance 11-07-2017 12:44 AM

Unbelievable Tony, I take it that he is in good health. How did you manage to pick him up, did he get himself caught in a Partridge pen or something similar. As I am guessing after seven years it wouldn't be too keen to come to the fist of the lure. Anyway great news. Almost makes you think he might be worth releasing again seeing as he's obviously been doing so well. All the best Chris

Tony James 11-07-2017 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisSquance (Post 2154954)
Unbelievable Tony, I take it that he is in good health. How did you manage to pick him up, did he get himself caught in a Partridge pen or something similar. As I am guessing after seven years it wouldn't be too keen to come to the fist of the lure. Anyway great news. Almost makes you think he might be worth releasing again seeing as he's obviously been doing so well. All the best Chris

Hi Chris,
he was caught in a Larson trap apparently, and despite a little superficial damage, is fine.
I must admit to being very taken with him, and prior to the owner getting in touch, was starting to fantasise a little ;-).
But the original owner is excited at the prospect of having him again, so there's only one thing I can do now of course.
Best wishes,
Tony.

Hardcore Hawker 11-07-2017 07:29 AM

Hi Tony, Did you know the owner?

Phil71 11-07-2017 07:38 AM

Seven years bet the old boys fathered a few cluches then,great news anyway nice one:D

René 11-07-2017 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony James (Post 2154955)
........, so there's only one thing I can do now of course.

Tony.

yes, trip as you carry him with no equipment on so that he's 'sadly' lost back to the wild and free life he's lived for years. Poor lad.

T0M 11-07-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by René (Post 2154962)
yes, trip as you carry him with no equipment on so that he's 'sadly' lost back to the wild and free life he's lived for years. Poor lad.

Are you suggesting that a bird of prey is better off in the wild? Funny comment that for a falconry forum isn't it!