Falconry Forum (IFF)

Falconry Forum (IFF) (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/index.php)
-   Lost, Found, Sighted or Stolen Birds of Prey? (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Lost Saker Falcon (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=142050)

BarneyAndMonty 06-09-2017 05:32 PM

Lost Saker Falcon

Lost Saker Falcon Fareham/Stubbington area, south Hampshire. 4.45pm

Last signal was moving towards Portsdown Hill, currently none being received.

She is leg tagged with 2 transmitters on 173.200-173.210 and 173.280-173.290 (channel A and C on the TRX-3S system).

I'm hoping the lack of signal currently is due to her being on the ground having caught something.

Anyone in South Hampshire that can have a scan around would be greatly appreciated.

07761260807 is my number.

KR

David

BradazTheFalconer 06-09-2017 06:01 PM

Re: Lost Saker Falcon

I hope you get a safe return and local telemetry users give you a helping hand. I'm sure she'll turn up soon as you're probably right to her killing something. Keep us updated.

ATB,

Bradley

BarneyAndMonty 06-09-2017 09:08 PM

Cheers Bradley

An early start and a bit of luck she'll be back on the glove in the morning......eventually got the signal and have tracked her. :D

John155 06-09-2017 09:30 PM

Good Luck !
I am close but not on 173 unfortunately !

ATB
John155

BarneyAndMonty 07-09-2017 09:31 AM

All good, back on the block...........tired but seemingly OK, currently preening!!!

Don't like it when the signal totally disappears like that, maybe time to try the back pack again?

BradazTheFalconer 07-09-2017 09:58 AM

That's great news, I had every faith it would be quite a quick return. Did you find her on a kill or had she just had another and gone on an adventure?

Happy Hawking,

Bradley

John155 07-09-2017 11:55 AM

Hi David

Thats great news !

ATB
John155

Corvid Killer 08-09-2017 09:24 AM

Glad you had a safe recovery. Supprised you had prob with signal
I have used same system for 15 yrs and tracked birds upto 12 mls away both on ground and tree'd never failed to get a signal except when looking in wrong direction once (tracking in birds first direction) .

T0M 08-09-2017 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvid Killer (Post 2156268)
I have used same system for 15 yrs and tracked birds upto 12 mls away both on ground and tree'd never failed to get a signal except when looking in wrong direction once (tracking in birds first direction) .

Quite possibly the wrong direction. My saker goes off in one direction over and behind tree tops then comes in from behind me. It has me spinning in all directions so think it's a wise move to fit gps

BarneyAndMonty 08-09-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvid Killer (Post 2156268)

Definitely a good system, been using it for 11 years also. Only other time I lost the signal was due to a fault with the T/M hence I always fly with 2 now, that's the reason I was surprised when I got nothing on this particular flight.

Direction was good, picked her up approx. 12 miles downwind which is the direction I watched her going up and away as she chased the crows. A strange one definitely as no signal was gained from either the yaggi or rooftop until about 4miles away.

All was good in the end which is the important thing. She had caught aswell!!

Back pack turned up today so will see if she will accept it. I've got the Ledesma GPS system, not the best but it works. When I received it I set it up and asked the seller to track it. He sent me a print screen of it's location......he's in Spain!!!!