Falconry Forum (IFF)

Falconry Forum (IFF) (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/index.php)
-   Lost, Found, Sighted or Stolen Birds of Prey? (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Found a falcon (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=141807)

Goshawk357 01-07-2017 09:55 PM

Found a falcon
 
who has lost a falcon liverpool

I Love My Dog 01-07-2017 10:04 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Have you reported to IBR

Goshawk357 01-07-2017 10:21 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by I Love My Dog (Post 2154776)
Have you reported to IBR

just done it donna:yawinkle:

I Love My Dog 01-07-2017 10:22 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Fab hope you find it's owner soon.

Goshawk357 01-07-2017 10:24 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by I Love My Dog (Post 2154778)
Fab hope you find it's owner soon.

so do I, getting me down, going to some more Ospreys out tomorrow:yawinkle:

I Love My Dog 01-07-2017 10:37 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Is it in good nic. Post some pics of the baby Osprey why's it getting you down

Goshawk357 02-07-2017 05:20 AM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by I Love My Dog (Post 2154780)
Is it in good nic. Post some pics of the baby Osprey why's it getting you down

I was tired last night, it was ment to say getting my head down, ile get some pics when I get back from the ospreys:yawinkle:

Goshawk357 02-07-2017 08:13 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goshawk357 (Post 2154788)
I was tired last night, it was ment to say getting my head down, ile get some pics when I get back from the ospreys:yawinkle:

Tom here is pic:yawinkle:

T0M 03-07-2017 12:03 AM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goshawk357 (Post 2154810)
Tom here is pic:yawinkle:

Cheers. Looks like it could be it?? Was it wearing jesses and swivel? Done well to survive if it was

Chance 03-07-2017 11:54 AM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goshawk357 (Post 2154810)
Tom here is pic:yawinkle:

Is it a Peri Saker Jay ?

I Love My Dog 03-07-2017 09:01 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Any luck finding the owner yet.

Goshawk357 03-07-2017 09:46 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chance (Post 2154828)
Is it a Peri Saker Jay ?

I don't no, am a bit brand new on falcons,

no joy with owner

BlueBerry 05-07-2017 02:50 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
That's so strange no one has reported him missing ??

Salty 05-07-2017 08:07 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
looks peri xlanner to me:rolleyes:

I Love My Dog 08-07-2017 08:47 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Any luck yet?

Stardust3884 09-07-2017 10:26 AM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Jonathan marshall is missing a peri x lanner which does look like him

Goshawk357 10-07-2017 09:25 AM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stardust3884 (Post 2154926)
Jonathan marshall is missing a peri x lanner which does look like him

A lot of Peri x Lanner look like that but what dose ring say:wink:

BlueBerry 10-07-2017 10:12 AM

Re: Found a falcon
 
We were at a show with Jonathan over the weekend and it has been reported to IBR so I would of thought they would of married the two up.

T0M 10-07-2017 10:44 AM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Was any of them wearing telemetry? The found one or Johnathans?
Cant understand why birds struggle to find their owners

Should be able to keep it if the owner doesn't claim it within 7 days unless they have a really good reason. It's on IBR it's on here so should have been claimed by now

I Love My Dog 12-07-2017 10:14 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
How's the lodger doing Jay.

Shaun Bannister 12-07-2017 10:43 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Should be able to keep it if the owner doesn't claim it within 7 days unless they have a really good reason. It's on IBR it's on here so should have been claimed by now[/QUOTE]

Where on earth did you create that rule from?

T0M 13-07-2017 05:16 AM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun Bannister (Post 2155032)
Should be able to keep it if the owner doesn't claim it within 7 days unless they have a really good reason. It's on IBR it's on here so should have been claimed by now

Where on earth did you create that rule from?[/QUOTE]

I didn't but I think we should... the owner should be ready to collect it once it's turned up... never said once it's lost for 7 days said once it's found...its a falcon with a ring on...it needs to have a ring on ....the owner should have reported it lost and therefore once it's turned up the numbers checked and the owner called...if the owner hasn't bothered to report it lost then 7 days is plenty...unless the owner is ill or dead but then that would come under the really good reason department!!

Would you be ready to pick up your peregrine x prairie within 7 days?

Shaun Bannister 13-07-2017 12:49 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
I know many fine falconers and people who aren't on the internet and probably never will be, or on the ibr ,there is a plethora of reasons as to why they may not know , makes no difference to me I've had birds for months Till the owner shows up , it's no problem if it's cost me vet fees or heavy coin they'll be made aware , legally a 7 day rule is a can of worms , morally even more so

René 13-07-2017 02:41 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by T0M (Post 2154937)

Should be able to keep it if the owner doesn't claim it within 7 days .......

I guess that's as close to being a thief as possible whilst still pretending to be legal.

Scottish Hunter Fife 13-07-2017 02:45 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun Bannister (Post 2155032)
Should be able to keep it if the owner doesn't claim it within 7 days unless they have a really good reason. It's on IBR it's on here so should have been claimed by now

Where on earth did you create that rule from?[/QUOTE]

Spot on terrible to even suggest that

T0M 13-07-2017 02:50 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun Bannister (Post 2155038)
I know many fine falconers and people who aren't on the internet and probably never will be, or on the ibr ,there is a plethora of reasons as to why they may not know , makes no difference to me I've had birds for months Till the owner shows up , it's no problem if it's cost me vet fees or heavy coin they'll be made aware , legally a 7 day rule is a can of worms , morally even more so

You know many fine falconer and so they also know you. If say one of these lost a bird would they not let you know? Would they not last you to keep your eyes and ears open for it? Would you not then look on the net for them?

I don't know you but I know you've lost a Pere x prairie so if I saw one found do you not think I would let you know?

Do you not think that it is irresponsible to own a bird and not report its loss to the IBR whether on the internet or not and whether it's registered or not? It still has a ring on and they keep it on record.

Do you not think owners would be more on the ball when trying to find their bird if only had 7 days to claim it once it was found?

You know the other thread going on which you commented on about the goshawk which was lost for 7yrs? Well the owner made contact and collected within 7 days so why is it a big issue to expect a falcon with a ring number to be reclaimed?

Like Tony said he had already become fond of the bird so how would he feel a month down the line?

Also like I said there is the good reason option but when I say good reason then that should be up to the finder and whether he believes it is good enough. Not just to convince the loser but fellow falconers. Maybe ask on here if it's a good enough reason see what people have to say.

So if your pere x prairie turned up would you claim it within 7 days?

Quote:

Originally Posted by René (Post 2155039)
I guess that's as close to being a thief as possible whilst still pretending to be legal.

Bird found after 7 yrs claimed within 7 days

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottish Hunter Fife (Post 2155040)
Where on earth did you create that rule from?

Spot on terrible to even suggest that[/QUOTE]

Why?

Bird found after 7 yrs claimed within 7 days

Quote:

Originally Posted by René (Post 2155039)
I guess that's as close to being a thief as possible whilst still pretending to be legal.

You've conveniently ommitted 'without good reason'

T0M 13-07-2017 03:08 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun Bannister (Post 2155032)
Should be able to keep it if the owner doesn't claim it within 7 days unless they have a really good reason. It's on IBR it's on here so should have been claimed by now

Where on earth did you create that rule from?[/QUOTE]

And if not on the internet you soon get on it if it's a way if not the best way to find a lost bird!!

Is it not irresponsible not to?

Shaun Bannister 13-07-2017 03:27 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
i really cant be a rsed debating with you ,lets just be grateful if a bird doesn't fall into your hands

T0M 13-07-2017 03:34 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun Bannister (Post 2155047)
i really cant be a rsed debating with you ,lets just be grateful if a bird doesn't fall into your hands

Why start what you can't finish?

Would you claim your bird within 7 days?

Y for yes
N for no

Made it easy for you. Just one more letter

Two birds fell into my hands one was returned to the owner within 7 days the other was never claimed

DaveyMc 13-07-2017 07:09 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
7 days seems a bit harsh

ChrisSquance 13-07-2017 07:18 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
I had a black saker here for five weeks, feed it, housed it, bloody thing was eating a quail a day. Went away with my lease swivel ect on it, not even a text to say thanks. So I think you have a bit of a point !! Atb Chris

T0M 13-07-2017 08:30 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveyMc (Post 2155050)
7 days seems a bit harsh

Dave not in this day and age with all the technology that's available. I hadn't even lost a bird and I got a call and a pic off someone asking if I'd lost one. It was getting mobbed and had flown over the other side of a railway and onto a building site with new houses. Some were occupied and in the time I'd walked through the tunnel and around the fence looking for an opening I got the call

Shaun Bannister 13-07-2017 08:30 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisSquance (Post 2155051)
I had a black saker here for five weeks, feed it, housed it, bloody thing was eating a quail a day. Went away with my lease swivel ect on it, not even a text to say thanks. So I think you have a bit of a point !! Atb Chris

i used to do stuff like that many years ago ,and i would curse their ingratitude then i realised they weren't the idiots ........i was for letting them get away with it ,so that part is made very clear beforehand these days, a degree of food recompense if its a long period and a bottle of decency,only what i would and have done myself

T0M 13-07-2017 08:31 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Could not believe it

ChrisSquance 13-07-2017 09:12 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
You are not wrong Shaun, you live and learn I suppose. She was being hacked in Nottingham and turned up a couple of days later on a hotel balcony in Woolacombe in North Devon. Tracked him down via breeders ring and google. So was informed of its whereabouts the next morning. It had no equipment on except for track pack and telemetry, so had to put anklets on and tether it as I had no spare pen. Never even had the equipment returned. The best of it was if he had been more grateful and asked how much he owed me I would've said nothing don't worry about it. Once bitten twice shy. Atb Chris

T0M 13-07-2017 10:00 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisSquance (Post 2155057)
You are not wrong Shaun, you live and learn I suppose. She was being hacked in Nottingham and turned up a couple of days later on a hotel balcony in Woolacombe in North Devon. Tracked him down via breeders ring and google. So was informed of its whereabouts the next morning. It had no equipment on except for track pack and telemetry, so had to put anklets on and tether it as I had no spare pen. Never even had the equipment returned. The best of it was if he had been more grateful and asked how much he owed me I would've said nothing don't worry about it. Once bitten twice shy. Atb Chris

Hi Chris
I have got this right? He knew you had the bird the next day but didn't collect for 5 weeks? If so then I'm guessing it's because he lived a distance away and had trouble getting to you for some reason. Well in that case I wouldn't mind keeping the bird for him and like you I wouldn't be bothered about the food costs incurred as long as I felt he was genuinely grateful and not taking the p. What I'm getting at is the bird that has been found has not even been reported missing and the owner is not making any attempt to find it. Jay has not updated this thread to say if it's been claimed and it doesn't say it has on ibr so I'm assuming it is still unclaimed. Let's say the owner was a fine falconer who is not on the internet and has not registered the bird on ibr then how do they go about finding their bird? ...and is this enough if there is internet, is Facebook and there is ibr out there? Should they really be considered fine falconers?

Atb
Tom

T0M 13-07-2017 10:53 PM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Jay, has the falcon been claimed?

Shaun Bannister 14-07-2017 12:12 AM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisSquance (Post 2155057)
You are not wrong Shaun, you live and learn I suppose. She was being hacked in Nottingham and turned up a couple of days later on a hotel balcony in Woolacombe in North Devon. Tracked him down via breeders ring and google. So was informed of its whereabouts the next morning. It had no equipment on except for track pack and telemetry, so had to put anklets on and tether it as I had no spare pen. Never even had the equipment returned. The best of it was if he had been more grateful and asked how much he owed me I would've said nothing don't worry about it. Once bitten twice shy. Atb Chris

Remember that IEO I saved last year, replaced its gear managed to stop it flying off to its death ended up keeping it a month whilst he moved house ended up taking it to another friend of his for him he never showed never said thanks never dropped a bottle despite his wife crying on the phone about how grateful she was , he was the last , but at least the bird was fine

ChrisSquance 14-07-2017 01:49 AM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by T0M (Post 2155059)
Hi Chris
I have got this right? He knew you had the bird the next day but didn't collect for 5 weeks? If so then I'm guessing it's because he lived a distance away and had trouble getting to you for some reason. Well in that case I wouldn't mind keeping the bird for him and like you I wouldn't be bothered about the food costs incurred as long as I felt he was genuinely grateful and not taking the p. What I'm getting at is the bird that has been found has not even been reported missing and the owner is not making any attempt to find it. Jay has not updated this thread to say if it's been claimed and it doesn't say it has on ibr so I'm assuming it is still unclaimed. Let's say the owner was a fine falconer who is not on the internet and has not registered the bird on ibr then how do they go about finding their bird? ...and is this enough if there is internet, is Facebook and there is ibr out there? Should they really be considered fine falconers?

Atb
Tom

Yes he does live about 4/5 hours from me, but to be honest that's not my problem, he is quite a wealthy chap by all accounts and told me the falcon was worth about £1800, if it was mine I would have Jumped in the car and gone to collect it. It's a bit of a big ask to get someone you have never even meet to look after and feed you falcon and take responsibility for it for 5 weeks, he never even rang me once, I had to pester him to get it picked up, then even asked me to drive it to south Devon to drop it off which is two hours from me, let alone the time off work to catch it, and come home at midday from work to meet his mate who eventually came to get it, but as you say if a bird has been recovered and has a ring number that has been reported to Ibr I find it hard to believe that no has claimed it, they can't what it back that badly Atb Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun Bannister (Post 2155068)
Remember that IEO I saved last year, replaced its gear managed to stop it flying off to its death ended up keeping it a month whilst he moved house ended up taking it to another friend of his for him he never showed never said thanks never dropped a bottle despite his wife crying on the phone about how grateful she was , he was the last , but at least the bird was fine

It's hard to believe Shaun, I do believe though that people like that are incapable of seeing it, and think it's every one else that has a problem. Trouble is we would probably do it all again. Because we wouldn't want the bird to suffer. Atb Chris

T0M 14-07-2017 05:26 AM

Re: Found a falcon
 
Hi Chris
It sounds like he was taking liberties. If it was mine I'd have collected it the same day too depending on the time or the next day all being convenient with the finder but definitely within 7 days.
Not saying you have to keep it but at your discretion. If the owner can't make the effort does he deserve to keep a bird?

Atb
Tom


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.