Falconry Forum (IFF)

Falconry Forum (IFF) (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/index.php)
-   Lost, Found, Sighted or Stolen Birds of Prey? (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Gos in Essex (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=141491)

gideon 23-03-2017 09:44 AM

Re: Gos in Essex
 
hi i lost a gos 5 weeks ago in Essex it had a bell and perm flying jesses it was a brown bird but cant make out colouring from pic will try and phone alex

I Love My Dog 23-03-2017 09:46 AM

Re: Gos in Essex
 
That makes three out in essex. Hope you all manage to get them back

Hardcore Hawker 23-03-2017 10:45 AM

Re: Gos in Essex
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gideon (Post 2153282)
hi i lost a gos 5 weeks ago in Essex it had a bell and perm flying jesses it was a brown bird but cant make out colouring from pic will try and phone alex

Definitely an adult bird! It was real windy yesterday in Essex so Alex's bird could have travelled 40 miles depending on the timescale between escape and the pics being taken. Also would the wind direction between the two points yesterday lend itself to the bird going in that direction as I doubt any Gos would fly that distance against the wind.

Sean Marney 23-03-2017 10:50 AM

Re: Gos in Essex
 
Where in Essex?

Going by the pic, I would say that it is not Alex's bird as I coped it a couple weeks back and the beak is to long

DaveyMc 23-03-2017 12:48 PM

Re: Gos in Essex
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardcore Hawker (Post 2153284)
Definitely an adult bird! It was real windy yesterday in Essex so Alex's bird could have travelled 40 miles depending on the timescale between escape and the pics being taken. Also would the wind direction between the two points yesterday lend itself to the bird going in that direction as I doubt any Gos would fly that distance against the wind.

Alexs bird was out the day before yesterday mate.

I spoke to him at 7am yesterday and he was on his was to look.
So its been out 2 full days

I Love My Dog 23-03-2017 10:19 PM

Re: Gos in Essex
 
Has anyone had any luck seeing this bird?

Barry 25-03-2017 08:39 AM

Re: Gos in Essex
 
Is anyone aware of any updates on this?
Following kind and helpful communication from Clive, I passed the telephone number and all other details to Steve who has a female Goshawk out in Essex, but he then couldn't get any response on the available telephone number.
If there is any news, please let me know so I can pass it on to Steve to help assist in a coordinated search and recovery.
I am in Scotland, so not much I can do beyond act as an intermediary, but it's better than doing nothing at all.
Thanks
Barry

AshyA 25-03-2017 10:47 AM

Re: Gos in Essex
 
hi guys, i dropped my phone whilst out looking for the goshawk, I also feel that he would not have travelled 40 miles in less than 24 hours as we hard rain all night and the wind. You can contact me on my other halfs phone please pm for number. Otherwise she will kill me :lol:

DaveyMc 25-03-2017 11:56 AM

Re: Gos in Essex
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AshyA (Post 2153308)
hi guys, i dropped my phone whilst out looking for the goshawk, I also feel that he would not have travelled 40 miles in less than 24 hours as we hard rain all night and the wind. You can contact me on my other halfs phone please pm for number. Otherwise she will kill me :lol:

Hi alex.
Tryed calling last night.
I asumed summit happend with your phone.

Goodluck mate

ChrisSquance 25-03-2017 01:58 PM

Re: Gos in Essex
 
You're not having much luck Alex, feel for you mate, hope you get him back soon!!. How did he get out mate? All the best Chris


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.