Falconry Forum (IFF)

Falconry Forum (IFF) (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/index.php)
-   Lost, Found, Sighted or Stolen Birds of Prey? (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Lost Bengal eagle owl in London (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=141749)

_history_ 16-06-2017 08:39 AM

Lost Bengal eagle owl in London

1 Attachment(s)
My Bengal eagle owl has flown away this morning, she was perched on top of my roof and would not respond to me calling her, she then began to fly further down hopping from roof to roof until I lost sight of her.

I am based in London around the Stratford area. If anyone sees or finds her her please contact me on 0741470049.

I have reported her missing to IBR, should I report it else where also ? :(

BlueBerry 16-06-2017 09:45 AM

Re: Lost Bengal eagle owl in London

Hi,
We work at the Olympic Park (flying Hawks for pest control) did she have a transmitter on her if so which frequency was it we use 173 we are there on Monday and Tuesday, if on our frequency will have a track up before turning our on.
Angie.

_history_ 16-06-2017 09:56 AM

Hi-

I am afraid she didnt have telemetry as I was not flying her at the time. I had brought her indoors over night- biggest mistake! she flew in the direction of Stratford.

Thank you for your help really appreciate it.

BlueBerry 16-06-2017 10:11 AM

Hopefully she will turn up, we will keep an eye out next week, is she trained to come to the glove and is she at fat weight or flying ??

_history_ 16-06-2017 11:37 AM

Well she was undergoing training getting her used to the glove, but she was flying from perch to perch for food (short distances), just not the glove. The only time she was okay with the glove was when I'd have her sit on it.

She is only 20 weeks old, and she was at her flying weight, but refused to come to me this morning which was very out of character.

_history_ 16-06-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _history_ (Post 2154383)
My Bengal eagle owl has flown away this morning, she was perched on top of my roof and would not respond to me calling her, she then began to fly further down hopping from roof to roof until I lost sight of her.

I am based in London around the Stratford area. If anyone sees or finds her her please contact me on 07414970049

I have reported her missing to IBR, should I report it else where also ? :(

Corrected the contact number: 07414970049

BlueBerry 25-06-2017 04:03 PM

Hi,

Any news on your Owl ??

_history_ 25-06-2017 04:17 PM

Hi @blueberry I thought I had posted a reply on the very same day.

Yes we managed to locate her and rescue her the very same day thanks to IBR as a memeber of the public reported a single sighting to IBR who then informed me of My owls whereabouts.

My owl was more than excited to be back at home.

Thanks for your help, also I wanted to ask you, where do you fly your birds as in not in the Olympic park but do you fly them elsewhere ?

I'm finding dofficulties with finding a place to fly my birds, my garden is big but not big enough and too many surrounding trees. I tried contacting those in charge of Wanstead flats but they refused as their hunting law doesn't allow one to fly a bird of prey on their grounds despite me not flying my owl for hunting purposes. If you have any recommendations I would appreciate it.

Thanks once again

BlueBerry 25-06-2017 04:58 PM

Hi,
Great news glad you got her back.

We only fly in London for work and not pleasure. We are lucky enough to be able to fly at home as we are surrounded by fields with the farmers permission and also have a 2 acre garden. Also we do flying displays all over the country.
Angie.