Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > BIRD OF PREY TALK > Owls - Strigiformes

Old 08-07-2016, 10:30 PM
Egg

Default Introducing Lunar , my new Baby Barn owl

Hey all. I've been around here for a very long time, haven't kept a bird of prey in quite a while so haven't posted anything but that's all changed now he he. I picked up my little Barn owl chick the beginning of the week and after a few days of settling in and getting used to her new parent she is now eating and settled in well. I am under the assumption Lunar is female due to many speckles coming through on her plumage and the breeder seems to think she's female.

She's currently 7 weeks old and feeding on small mice, quail chicks, pigeon breast, partridge and a doc every now and then. I have never actually raised a owl but have experience with birds of prey both training and flying and also have handreared many species of birds too so am fairly competent.I have read jemimas book on owls though weren't to impressed and researched as much as my Brain could absorb these past few years. Anyway hope I can pick a few of your brains if I have any questions oh and feel free to offer any advice you feel I may need. Always something new to learn. She's actually having her anklets fitted tomorrow as she's quite active branching around the sofa and floor before heading back to her hidy hole behind my dressing gown she seems to accommodated as her nest. Hopefully the pictures attach.

Thank you for reading

Regards

Adam
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (86.5 KB, 57 views)
Old 08-07-2016, 11:23 PM
Egg

Default Re: Introducing Lunar , my new Baby Barn owl

Finally figured out adding pics, Iphone said no so had to do via Computer