Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > BIRD OF PREY TALK > Longwings - Falco

Old 02-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Egg

Default Lost Barn Owl

Hi, I hope you all don't mind me posting in this section. My Male Barn Owl went missing yesterday (Tuesday 1st August) from the North Suffolk area (Waveney Valley/Bungay). He is wearing anklets and jess straps and has a closed ring. Thank you for your consideration.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:29 PM
Leon
Chick

Default Re: Lost Barn Owl

Hi, I would suggest letting as many people know as possible in your area. I lost a Falcon from my aviary recently, I put posters up in local shops, contact any local wildlife rescue, police the more people know the better chance you will have of hopefully getting your owl back.
Good luck
Old 02-08-2017, 11:14 PM
Egg

Thank you Leonsaker I'm working my way through it, out looking yesterday and last night, storms here tonight - typical. Phone calls today. Visited local farms with posters for the yards, going back around tomorrow to check some out-buildings and barns. Posters at Farm shop and equestrian center. Thanks for your further suggestions.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:33 AM
Angie Rooney
Passage

Hi,
Have you notified the IBR 0161 7905613 did he escape or were you flying him ?
Good luck in getting him back, we have gale force winds here today.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:50 PM
Egg

Hi yes I done the IBR this morning via their web page, so it will hopefully be put 'out there' asap. I was cleaning out the aviary/flight, which I do most months, hence he is totally relaxed with it and, indeed, 'helps' me. He's imprinted. Of course it was my fault, and I'm beating myself up over it. Yes very high winds and torrential rain here last night too.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:32 PM
Leon
Chick

Hi, don't give up hope yet, you just need a bit of luck hopefully a sighting. I should imagine you have a lot of birdwatchers in the area, maybe contact the local web pages for bird sightings and leave a message . It was a birdwatcher who located my falcon. Good luck.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:04 PM
Egg

Hi yes a lot of bird watchers! We've been out driving round the copious back roads today - stopping random dog walkers and handing out leaflets, there's a lot of those round here too! Also we found a rambler walking the Angles way, which runs straight through the fields here - gave him a leaflet also! And I gave the postman a leaflet this morning - well, like you say, got to get eyes out there. I'm just very aware of his weight dropping. Thank you for your support.

I think we'll do the pubs, cafes and restaurants tomorrow - this area is big on tourists who get about - may be an idea. Anyway, so long as I can keep coming up with ideas and being proactive it helps. Cheers.