Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FALCONRY HUNTING & HAWKING DISCUSSIONS > Manning, Training & Fitness

Old 08-09-2017, 10:34 AM
Brancher

Default Re: Training with drones

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0M View Post
I guess you could say the robo bird is the next step up from the drone. I seen them in action yesterday and they are very impressive...ended up in a tree but yes was really good to watch. They do a goshawk one which they said is good for site clearance. This part I'm not keen on as it's flying a real bird that gives the buzz and what it's really all about let us not forget.

Atb
Tom
Hey tom is that the wingbeats system ? Mate passed me a advert from his rc plane mag .took look on their site not really impressed .
Got rc plane club right next to my site pest birds not bothered by planes and helicopters unlike a 3/4 gyr saker up their arse .
And that robo crow lol its like ***** barn door flying about .
Atb dave
Old 08-09-2017, 04:55 PM
Banned
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvid Killer View Post
Hey tom is that the wingbeats system ? Mate passed me a advert from his rc plane mag .took look on their site not really impressed .
Got rc plane club right next to my site pest birds not bothered by planes and helicopters unlike a 3/4 gyr saker up their arse .
And that robo crow lol its like ***** barn door flying about .
Atb dave
Dave it's the robo crow but in the shape of a goshawk. They had a few different bird designs. They flew a gyr x New Zealand falcon after it but was too fast for me to record and I didn't want to miss the bird catching it. It ended up crashing into a tree and one of them then had to climb up to bring the robo and the bird down. It was nice to watch though. I've got a bit of footage but don't know how to put up here. Pm me your email if you want and I'll send it to you. It's nothing special but ok

Atb
Tom
Old 08-09-2017, 05:35 PM
An old hand on here!
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyAndMonty View Post
Hello Tasha
Not on FB, any chance you could contact him and perhaps get a copy posted on here if Shawn is in agreement.
I think Gerry is right and Shawn charges something for the pamphlet, though I don't know what. Otherwise he probably would've just put it on a website somewhere rather than taking the trouble to print it out. There's a FB group, Falconry Drones, that he's on a fair amount for those who are on it. He's very helpful and a great guy to talk to

Last edited by Tasha55403; 08-09-2017 at 05:35 PM. Reason: quotes needed to be fixed
Old 09-09-2017, 07:21 PM
Tod
Passage

Just like to say thanks to old wolfie gosser,on here,,,he showed me the drone and set up three seasons back,,,thanks Mick..
Old 09-09-2017, 11:13 PM
Haggard

Scott Irwin has a superb set up and it's now available on line for about 30 quid it's simple exact balanced and neat
I'll get some pics of it when next we're out
Tod I'd say that holder on the leg looks a little risky to me it's unbalanced and too close to the rotors , have you had anything going up into the blades ?

On the subject of quads a mate flew his go pro all singing all dancing quad over a few ponds today we watched the duck on a tv screen then put my falcon up and had a nice flight, she knocked a mallard down 2 in 4 flights so she's warming up nicely
Old 12-09-2017, 09:04 PM
Brancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBrownHill View Post
Just like to say thanks to old wolfie gosser,on here,,,he showed me the drone and set up three seasons back,,,thanks Mick..

Your welcome Tony No going back now Hey!
Old 13-09-2017, 04:19 AM
Egg

Drone is a digital alternative but you need good hands to operate a drone.