Falconry Forum (IFF)


Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > EQUIPMENT & HOUSING > Bells & Leather Equipment

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-01-2016, 12:04 PM
TomOlivia TomOlivia is offline
Michael Calvin
Haggard
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Formerly from God's country
Posts: 6,507
Default Re: I want to ask where falconry equipment store in australia

By the way Rene, that was specifically a NSW document, it has since been challenged and they concede that its 'not balanced', they don't know who wrote it and why, and they agreed that it needs changing, and that they'd welcome our input into a revision. God only knows when that will happen.

We are allowed to use 'falconry techniques' here in Western Australia and in QLD where it is specifically mentioned and endorsed in Gov't document guidelines for rehabilitation. Despite that, they simply don't know or understand the first thing about falconry in the 21st century and they (one or two who we somehow have to appease anyway) strongly don't want us to even use the word...at all, even though they do!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-01-2016, 05:15 PM
Shaun Bannister Shaun Bannister is offline
Haggard
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: wales
Posts: 7,090
Default Re: I want to ask where falconry equipment store in australia

lol as far as i'm concerned you can call it men in tights or men who stare at goats if it gets around the red tape c rap ,whatever it takes
so i understand your predicament
__________________
what goes around ,comes around
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-01-2016, 09:52 PM
TomOlivia TomOlivia is offline
Michael Calvin
Haggard
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Formerly from God's country
Posts: 6,507
Default Re: I want to ask where falconry equipment store in australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Bannister View Post
lol as far as i'm concerned you can call it men in tights or men who stare at goats if it gets around the red tape c rap ,whatever it takes
so i understand your predicament
Thanks Shaun, that's how I used to see it because I just wanted to continue flying falcons, so I found a way.

However, things have changed for me and the efforts of the last few years have been to try to eventually bring about a realisation to a wider audience that these methods have merit and a valuable place, and so that other people in the future may also contribute in this way without feeling as though they are criminals.

Granted, it is 'specialist raptor rehabilitation', but it is more accurately described as 'falconry rehabilitation' and anyone who objects to it being called that should demonstrate better reasons than 'falconry is all about killing things and it'll never fly here in Australia, the people don't like it or want it'. What a load of unsubstantiated nonsense.


Falconry is about far more than killing things. That's why we'll come up with a definition of it that's appropriate to our circumstances, and can be a bit more gently and gradually introduced into the Australian psyche.

The falcon is this film was 'rehabilitated' using non falconry techniques that failed miserably (picked up a second time in worse condition than it went out). Then it came to me and I used FALCONRY to fix her. Here's the result....

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHTHiio5i-4
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-01-2016, 10:12 PM
SugezWolf's Avatar
SugezWolf SugezWolf is offline
Gerry Plant
Passage
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Staffordshire
Posts: 4,920
Default Re: I want to ask where falconry equipment store in australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOlivia View Post
Thanks Shaun, that's how I used to see it because I just wanted to continue flying falcons, so I found a way.

However, things have changed for me and the efforts of the last few years have been to try to eventually bring about a realisation to a wider audience that these methods have merit and a valuable place, and so that other people in the future may also contribute in this way without feeling as though they are criminals.

Granted, it is 'specialist raptor rehabilitation', but it is more accurately described as 'falconry rehabilitation' and anyone who objects to it being called that should demonstrate better reasons than 'falconry is all about killing things and it'll never fly here in Australia, the people don't like it or want it'. What a load of unsubstantiated nonsense.


Falconry is about far more than killing things. That's why we'll come up with a definition of it that's appropriate to our circumstances, and can be a bit more gently and gradually introduced into the Australian psyche.

The falcon is this film was 'rehabilitated' using non falconry techniques that failed miserably (picked up a second time in worse condition than it went out). Then it came to me and I used FALCONRY to fix her. Here's the result....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHTHiio5i-4
I totally agree Michael - falconry can and is much more than the strict definition allows. What you and your associates are doing is most definitely falconry and you are a credit to the word.

Gerry x
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-01-2016, 10:18 PM
TomOlivia TomOlivia is offline
Michael Calvin
Haggard
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Formerly from God's country
Posts: 6,507
Default Re: I want to ask where falconry equipment store in australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugezWolf View Post
I totally agree Michael - falconry can and is much more than the strict definition allows. What you and your associates are doing is most definitely falconry and you are a credit to the word.

Gerry x
Thanks Gerry, very kind of you to say so.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 13-01-2016, 11:14 AM
Yusteyns's Avatar
Yusteyns Yusteyns is offline
Egg
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 7
Default Re: I want to ask where falconry equipment store in australia

Where the address store equipment eagle in australia Because my brother is in Sydney now and he want to buy equipment my eagle , greeting, i'm falconer Indonesia
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 13-01-2016, 11:46 AM
TomOlivia TomOlivia is offline
Michael Calvin
Haggard
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Formerly from God's country
Posts: 6,507
Default Re: I want to ask where falconry equipment store in australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusteyns View Post
where the address store equipment eagle in australia Because my brother is in Sydney now and he want to buy equipment my eagle , greeting, i'm falconer Indonesia
There is no such store anywhere in Australia, sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 14-01-2016, 10:15 AM
1Red12's Avatar
1Red12 1Red12 is offline
Roy - Official Site Sponsor
Passage
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Plymouth.Devon.
Posts: 1,846
Default Re: I want to ask where falconry equipment store in australia

I have a very detailed book on Australian birds of prey, never knew there were so many species out there.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 14-01-2016, 10:18 AM
TomOlivia TomOlivia is offline
Michael Calvin
Haggard
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Formerly from God's country
Posts: 6,507
Default Re: I want to ask where falconry equipment store in australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Red12 View Post
I have a very detailed book on Australian birds of prey, never knew there were so many species out there.
I'm from the Lake District Roy but I see far more Peregrines here than I ever did back home and I usually see Wedge-tailed Eagles and plenty of other species on a daily basis, often at very close quarters.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
australia, equipment, falconry, store

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.