Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > NON ENGLISH SPEAKING FALCONRY FORUMS > 中文国际鹰猎论坛

Old 18-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Egg

Default Re: NanChang

FOUND! I found a falconer in Nanchang. Chinese falconry is a lot different from what I've heard from the internet. Apparently the government has severe punishments for those who practice falconry without a license (I heard it was almost impossible for them to issue you one in mainland China). I posted a blog about my "adventures" in search of falconry in China. My blog sucks, its just a free one I quickly registered for so please don't be too judgmental.
Old 18-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiferouis View Post
FOUND! I found a falconer in Nanchang. Chinese falconry is a lot different from what I've heard from the internet. Apparently the government has severe punishments for those who practice falconry without a license (I heard it was almost impossible for them to issue you one in mainland China). I posted a blog about my "adventures" in search of falconry in China. My blog sucks, its just a free one I quickly registered for so please don't be too judgmental.
very interesting, please update your blog for us.
Keith
Old 31-08-2009, 12:13 AM
Egg

Sorry for the long delay, I have finally gotten to update it. http://gacs.blog.com/falconry-in-china-nanchang
Old 01-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Bobby/RCI-004/Section Mod
Passage

Just read your blog again. Thanks for sharing some info. I know it's not that long and clear but I can get a lot of info about falconry in China
Would like to know the contact person. Perhaps, when I visit China I could call him and share more about Chinese falconry with him. Thanks.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Section Moderator
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiferouis View Post
Sorry for the long delay, I have finally gotten to update it. http://gacs.blog.com/falconry-in-china-nanchang
Song-zi is a male Japanese sparrowhawk, not a merlin
Old 02-09-2009, 04:35 AM
Egg

Probably thought I was describing a sparrowhawk then. Common error. But from what I read from Mr. Alan Gate's gallery/blog, merlins are "favoured as street hawks and flown after sparrows" and that kestrels are favoured above merlins, which makes me assume that the merlins Mr. Gates were referring to were quite commonly used in China. Based on that, I figured that when I described "very small, specialize in catching birds, flutters really fast" he would think "merlin". Either way, its my fault for being stupid and not keeping in mind the common confusion between sparrowhawk and merlin when I was talking with him. I'll mention the mistake on the blog later. Thanks for pointing it out. I should have known better.

This reminds me, before anyone accuses me of spreading false information about Falconry in China. My blog may not be entirely accurate, I am merely summarizing what I remember from our discussions, which is basically that man telling me what he remembers about his falconry experiences. I might have interpreted and/or translated some of the things he said to me the wrong way. Please keep in mind of this when you're reading my blog, I just wanted to share what I have been told. However, I can assure you that the information on my blog is completely from our discussions, the parts I couldn't remember, I did not enter in.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:11 AM
Section Moderator
Passage

Leiferouis no worry about that, it took me years to figure out the Chinese bird names. here is a good source of Oriental names for birds of prey http://www.cjvlang.com/Birds/accipitridae1.html
Old 02-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Bobby/RCI-004/Section Mod
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccipiterFreak View Post
Leiferouis no worry about that, it took me years to figure out the Chinese bird names. here is a good source of Oriental names for birds of prey http://www.cjvlang.com/Birds/accipitridae1.html
Nice info. Xie xie ni
Old 02-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Egg

Thanks for the interesting link, btw, I have updated my blog with the correction.