Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > NON FALCONRY TOPICS > The Soap Box

Old 30-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Default Re: Bit of advice

Originally Posted by RT Alison View Post
Nigeria is a hotbed of internet ripoffs. Once you are ripped off, you have no recourse to collect your funds back. Ignore the idiot and let the auction run as it is after you report his attempts to Ebay.

Originally Posted by AndyHawks View Post
every item sell to uk only. also cancel any bids from them or youl waste time and have to wait weeks before ebay give sellers fees back. ebay is hot for scammers. its left wide open.

Thanks people
People can be divided into three classes, the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen, and the majority who have no idea what has happened.
Old 30-04-2012, 08:06 PM

Everytime i sell a car on ebay i get two or three of those emails. Like youve already said its a scam and better just ignore them.
Atb Stu
We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master
Old 30-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Rob Punch

No doubt whatsoever; it's a scam. Report it to Ebay in case there are any problems down the line.
If you can read this message thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English of your own free will thank a soldier.
Old 30-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Martin & Jan Hammett

Haven`t you heard of people on ebay from Nigeria.?
Your asking for trouble.!Come to think of it not only on ebay.I just use sellers in uk.
Old 30-04-2012, 10:04 PM

I just put "Nigerian" & "Scam" into Google and I got:

About 20,400,000 results (0.21 seconds).

Should answer your question lol.
There's no shortcut to any place worth going.......
Old 01-05-2012, 01:51 PM

I pity the idiots who fall for the email where the Nigerian promises to send you a money order. You deposit it into an account, send him the account number and take a cut. The money orders are counterfeit. You get stuck paying the balance and arrested for defrauding the bank. The Nigerian already withdrew the funds before they found out it was bogus. No diplomatic relations = no recourse. The less educated lower income youth are usually the typical victims of this scam in our country. There's also a scam involving internet dating websites. Knock dead gorgeous photo of a big breasted beauty initiates conversation. Messages go back and forth and a "relationship" develops. You send money to get the woman an airline ticket or pay a travel fee. The woman is actually some online thief named Abdul or Nikiri from Nigeria preying on ignorant horny losers.

Internationally, Nigeria is infamous for a crime dubbed 419, a type of advance fee fraud (named after Section 419 of the Nigerian Penal Code) along with the "Nigerian scam", a form of confidence trick practiced by individuals and criminal syndicates. In 2003, the Nigerian Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (or EFCC) was created to combat this and other forms of organized financial crime.
[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][I]I dream of a day when chickens can cross a roadway without having their motives suspect for questioning.[/I][/FONT]

advice, bit