Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > NON FALCONRY TOPICS > Non Falconry, Hobbies, Congratulations & Artwork

Old 29-01-2016, 05:21 PM
Bradley Church
Passage

Default Re: Charity Day

Things are really progressing nicely with this now, the outreach tem of the Trust are coming into school with a couple of Owls:http://www.hawk-conservancy.org/Educ...eachVisits.asp.

I'm hoping to run a workshop throughout the day so students can get involved with some hands-on activities. Also, this is the last day of the academic year for our school so not much will be going on in the way of lessons, usually a fun day for all. With it being the middle of Summer and the hottest time we're at school, I had the idea of selling ice poles/cold drinks to raise a bit of extra money. It's always been successful in the past and I think students really appreciate it in the heat!

I will keep you all updated on my progress with this, it's sure to be a great finale to the school year!

Regards

Bradley
Old 29-01-2016, 07:14 PM
David
Brancher

Hello Bradley
A great idea and one I'm sure will be greatly appreciated by the trust.
How about some lure swinging and some telemetry tracking as activities.
Good luck to you and your day.
Old 29-01-2016, 07:59 PM
Bradley Church
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyAndMonty View Post
Hello Bradley
A great idea and one I'm sure will be greatly appreciated by the trust.
How about some lure swinging and some telemetry tracking as activities.
Good luck to you and your day.
I never thought of that, the only thing is, I'd need the equipment. The Trust's education worker is really great, we've been bouncing back emails for a while now. Thanks for your comment!

Bradley
Old 17-04-2016, 06:50 PM
Bradley Church
Passage

Just a quick update as I haven't posted anything since last Year:

Everything is arranged and I have a rough idea of how the day should pan out. The Trust are going to be bringing a marquee which they'll pitch up in the school field, a few relevant subject classes are going to come over in groups to get some inspiration from the Bird's and the Trust staff. Later on in the day, the annual Summer Fete will be on and the Trust are going to be part of this, answering any questions and providing information to the students. All of this time, the bird's will be on static display under the marquee.

I'm hoping to have a raffle arranged which should raise quite a bit of money, not forgetting that every student in the school will be paying ú1 to come in wearing non-uniform. It should be a successful day and I hope that I'm able to raise a decent amount of money for the Trust. I'll be focusing on their International work with the Vulture programme as they were picked as our International charity for the academic year. Hopefully they'll be another step closer to conserving the Vulture's, using some of the funds we have raised. I'll be sure to let you know how the day goes and the grand total raised for them, thanks again to the Trust for their constant work with me on this project.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vulture Sunset.jpg (24.2 KB, 34 views)
Old 17-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Angie Rooney
Passage

Bradly,

We do that at some of our shows, get the kids in the ring and give them a lure its great fun for the kids and hide a tag in one of the corners of the ring with some of the crowd, they dont know which bunch had the tag and one of them has to find it, that really does go down well. All just a bit of fun, you need someone in the ring that can make it funny.
Old 17-04-2016, 07:18 PM
Passage

Great stuff Bradley sounds like the hard work has paid off in setting up fingers crossed it raises awareness as well as funds.
Donna
Old 18-04-2016, 04:18 PM
Bradley Church
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBerry View Post
Bradly,

We do that at some of our shows, get the kids in the ring and give them a lure its great fun for the kids and hide a tag in one of the corners of the ring with some of the crowd, they dont know which bunch had the tag and one of them has to find it, that really does go down well. All just a bit of fun, you need someone in the ring that can make it funny.
It will only be a static display under the marquee Angie, as it's though there outreach programme, the extent of display that they're prepared to do is limited. They're having to travel quite a way as it is, although they may be able to do something similar, I'll have to see on the day. I agree with you, some of the best displays I've seen have quite a strong comedic element to them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love My Dog View Post
Great stuff Bradley sounds like the hard work has paid off in setting up fingers crossed it raises awareness as well as funds.
Donna
It's just a case of getting everything ready now Donna, final preparations and planning how the day itself should run. It just shows you the importance of early planning, means I could put that much more effort into making the day special.

Regards,

Bradley