Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > BIRD OF PREY TALK > Eagles - Aquila

Old 28-02-2015, 09:24 AM
Mark
Passage

Default Re: Mr Bolts diary

A great result Steve, well done to man and bird...Keep it up mate.You have put a lot of effort in and it has paid off well..!
Old 28-02-2015, 06:04 PM
Steve Skinner
Passage

[QUOTE=MoorMan1;2106267]A great result Steve, well done to man and bird...Keep it up mate.You have put a lot of effort in and it has paid off well..![/QUOTE

Thanks Mark, I was in Devon, sorry heaven yesterday, still buzzing, never flew anything to day, went out with Terry, and took a back seat, got two falcons flown, Mrs Bert & Psycho.
Old 28-02-2015, 06:10 PM
Mark
Passage

[quote=RamishHawk;2106291]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorMan1 View Post
A great result Steve, well done to man and bird...Keep it up mate.You have put a lot of effort in and it has paid off well..![/QUOTE

Thanks Mark, I was in Devon, sorry heaven yesterday, still buzzing, never flew anything to day, went out with Terry, and took a back seat, got two falcons flown, Mrs Bert & Psycho.
You should have given me a Bell Steve we could have met up and I could have arranged a day out for you.Only spoke to Terry night before last he's a top man.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:26 AM
Mark
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamishHawk View Post

Cheers Mark, hows that gos going caught many ducks this season.
sadly steve I haven't, I don't know if you knew she was 6 years old when I got her, 7 years old when I got to fly her, it was a slow start, but she isn't going to be anything special, rabbit she nails them for fun, had her out on the hares, she had a couple in her feet and she had a few hard flights on a few too, but nothing brought to bag, she's been spoilt somewhere down the line as anything that gets up about 50+ yards she leaves the fist but just turns and lands as if she hasn't got the confidence to out fly it! under her feet she's commited, also she can be batey at times for no reason, its not a real issue as I fly mainly rabbits as game birds are not something I got access to plenty of, had a two good 160 mile round trips just to fly at hares which were worth the experience, funny enough the land owner would love to see a eagle fly a hare, he came to watch our birds fly and he loved it
Atb mark
Old 03-03-2015, 08:33 AM
Steve Skinner
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
sadly steve I haven't, I don't know if you knew she was 6 years old when I got her, 7 years old when I got to fly her, it was a slow start, but she isn't going to be anything special, rabbit she nails them for fun, had her out on the hares, she had a couple in her feet and she had a few hard flights on a few too, but nothing brought to bag, she's been spoilt somewhere down the line as anything that gets up about 50+ yards she leaves the fist but just turns and lands as if she hasn't got the confidence to out fly it! under her feet she's commited, also she can be batey at times for no reason, its not a real issue as I fly mainly rabbits as game birds are not something I got access to plenty of, had a two good 160 mile round trips just to fly at hares which were worth the experience, funny enough the land owner would love to see a eagle fly a hare, he came to watch our birds fly and he loved it
atb mark
That's a shame mate, there's always next season, as long as your having fun does it really matter, there all different, just like us. Perhaps we could arrange something for your farmer next season.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:08 AM
Steve Skinner
Passage

28/2/15
Weight 7lb-3 3/4oz at 8-00am, no food or flying today. He seems to be favouring his left leg, it has two wounds below the leg joint, there is some heat in the foot, but that maybe were he's tucked his foot up. The bent tail feathers have been preened back nice and straight, sprayed his cuts with the Savlon spray, I can vouch for his foot working perfectly okay.

1/3/15
Weight 6lb-14 5/8oz at 9-20am, fed 5 1/4oz of gutted chick, three 100yd uphill call offs to the swung lure, every thing looks to be working, no heat in the leg, but swollen, as you would expect, and sore to the touch, another spray of Savlon.

2/3/15
Weight 6lb-14 7/8oz at 8-00am, fed 3 whole chicks 4 1/4oz, on the front lawn.

3/3/15
Weight 6lb-14 1/4oz at 7-10am, fed 5 1/8oz of gutted chick, three 200yd uphill flights to the swung lure, he flew strong this morning. I shall fly him to keep his circulation going, to aid the healing process, and keep weight off the leg, both cuts have scabbed over now, have not used the Savlon spray for 2 days.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:18 PM
Mark
Passage

I pretty sure he'd like that, i'll have a word with him over the summer, I know what your saying all birds are different and yes I had some good fun with her,
Atb mark
Old 04-03-2015, 10:59 AM
Robin
Passage

Well done on the fox steve,watch the wound,check for heat,are you with us sunday would be nice to catch up,last one I should think,
Old 05-03-2015, 07:42 PM
Steve Skinner
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullOne View Post
well done on the fox steve,watch the wound,check for heat,are you with us sunday would be nice to catch up,last one I should think,
Thanks Rob, car fixed now, see you then.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:58 PM
Steve Skinner
Passage

4/3/15
Weight 6lb-14 1/8oz at 7-10am, fed 4 5/8oz of gutted chick, car broke down on the way to the farm, had to walk him home. Fed in the front garden.

5/3/15
Weight 6lb-13 7/8oz at 7-00am, fed 4 3/4oz of gutted chick, he had a flight at a fox, which he ended up following for a long way, he ran out of steam as the fox climbed a hill and landed 40/50 foot below it, the fox stopped and they stood just looking at each other. then he took off and pounced on something lower down the hill in the wheat, it was to far away to see what it was, he lost it and flew back to me, it was a very long recall.