Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > BIRD OF PREY TALK > Shortwings - Accipiter

Old 19-09-2015, 07:39 AM
Passage

Default Re: "Maia" 2015 Sparrow-Hawk

Hope things work out for you keep your chin up.
Old 19-09-2015, 10:15 AM
Alex Ashton
Passage

Thanks guys it means a lot! I won't bore everyone with what happened but I assure you what I have been through in the past month I would not wish upon my enemies. Once back I will have to re-home my hawks 😢.

Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19-09-2015, 10:18 AM
Passage

Can you not loan them give you a bit of space to breath.. hope things sort themselves soon.
Old 20-09-2015, 07:50 AM
Alex Ashton
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love My Dog View Post
Can you not loan them give you a bit of space to breath.. hope things sort themselves soon.

Donna I have thought about it, the problem is that I can't see myself being in a position to take up another bird for a few years yet! I am back living at my Mums. When I start work properly, they week after next I will be out the house by 6am & probably not back till 7pm. If I had enough time to do fitness work in the week (lure machine/jump ups) & fly at weekends I would! How ever once the clocks change we won't have the light! I feel it's also NOT fair for a hawk to be tethered 5 days a week & just flown at weekends. A very difficult position, that has only ONE conclusion I'm afraid! I have lost everything apart from my son! So I have to focus all my time into him now & make sure from a fathers point of view he has the best upbringing I can offer him. I do appreciate your advice & kind words though guys, Falconers are not all bad after all lol 😝.

Alex

Old 20-09-2015, 07:58 AM
Passage

Good luck with everything. Enjoy your son and keep your chin up things can only get better.
Donna
Old 20-09-2015, 08:56 AM
Alex Ashton
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love My Dog View Post
Good luck with everything. Enjoy your son and keep your chin up things can only get better.

Donna

Your right Donna, although things couldn't get much worse haha!

Old 20-09-2015, 09:21 AM
Bradley Church
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshyA View Post
Donna I have thought about it, the problem is that I can't see myself being in a position to take up another bird for a few years yet! I am back living at my Mums. When I start work properly, they week after next I will be out the house by 6am & probably not back till 7pm. If I had enough time to do fitness work in the week (lure machine/jump ups) & fly at weekends I would! How ever once the clocks change we won't have the light! I feel it's also NOT fair for a hawk to be tethered 5 days a week & just flown at weekends. A very difficult position, that has only ONE conclusion I'm afraid! I have lost everything apart from my son! So I have to focus all my time into him now & make sure from a fathers point of view he has the best upbringing I can offer him. I do appreciate your advice & kind words though guys, Falconers are not all bad after all lol ��.

Alex

I think that's when a true Falconer shows, saying that it's not fair on the bird, it takes a lot to do that but if that's your thoughts then it's probably the right thing to do. I hate that word with a vengeance, circumstances! I know you're probably thinking that things can't get much worse however they can only now get better, stay positive and nothing much can hold you down. You've only got to think of someone like me who would jump at the chance of owning a Hawk but can't because of school hours, I've never experienced Raptor ownership, look back on the time's that you've already had, I can't yet do that myself. Of course, that doesn't mean you won't ever own a bird again, I'm sure you will when things sort themselves out and you find your feet again. Best wishes and I truly hope that things work out for you, keep posting on the forum as well.

Regards

Bradley