Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > BIRD OF PREY TALK > Shortwings - Accipiter

Old 12-07-2015, 11:28 AM
Egg

Default Yugo (Finnish Goshawk)

Yugo on a Red-tail hawk that tried to get in on his hunt Red-tail was alright so the wild adult Red-tail hawk was set free

Last edited by SugezWolf; 12-07-2015 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Picture in bad taste
Old 12-07-2015, 01:22 PM
Egg

Default Re: Yugo (Finnish Goshawk)

Yugo

Yugo on a Pheasant

Last edited by SugezWolf; 12-07-2015 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Apologies - I only intended to delete the first pic but this one went as well!
Old 12-07-2015, 02:13 PM
Bradley Church
Passage

Glad the Red-Tail was ok, you've got a very protective bird there! Looks like a nice Goss, excellent juicy Pheasant photo. Be sure to carry on posting the pics!

Regards

Bradley
Old 12-07-2015, 06:35 PM
Dale
Passage

I'd have probably tried to free the redtail quick rather than taking photos of it glad the red was alright
Old 12-07-2015, 08:04 PM
Egg

:twiste
Old 12-07-2015, 08:07 PM
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojanMews View Post
I'd have probably tried to free the redtail quick rather than taking photos of it glad the red was alright
Ok the picture was taken by a friend and the red-tail hawk was let go as soon as we could and if you don't have anything good to say don't say it at all . I am a Falconer not a pet keeper and all the birds of prey that I have flown have been will taken care of and I do a lot of rescue to help them so I DO KNOW WHAT I AM DOING

Last edited by SugezWolf; 12-07-2015 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Unnecessary comment removed
Old 12-07-2015, 08:56 PM
Passage

Dale happens to have a valid point, the photo was clearly taken by the person holding the red tail by the legs.
I'm reasonably confident that the Hawks would of been found crabbing. So once you made sure your Goshawk was safe from the talons of the red tail you decided to take the photo.

Last edited by SugezWolf; 12-07-2015 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Unnecessary Comment
Old 12-07-2015, 09:08 PM
Dale
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Blackwolf View Post
Ok the picture was taken by a friend and the red-tail hawk was let go as soon as we could and if you don't have anything good to say don't say it at all . I am a Falconer not a pet keeper and all the birds of prey that I have flown have been will taken care of and I do a lot of rescue to help them so I DO KNOW WHAT I AM DOING
I have a bit of compassion and respect for anything my birds should or shouldn't catch

Last edited by SugezWolf; 12-07-2015 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Quoted edited post
Old 12-07-2015, 09:22 PM
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derry Shaw View Post
Dale happens to have a valid point, the photo was clearly taken by the person holding the red tail by the legs.
I'm reasonably confident that the Hawks would of been found crabbing. So once you made sure your Goshawk was safe from the talons of the red tail you decided to take the photo.
You know what , you were not there OK I was so you are just mad because I said some thing and I do not back down so it happen just like that and I did not take the picture. It take a little time to get them apart u just don't rip the hawk off. You know I just put this up for the fun of it and share to be nice this is the responds one gets for sharing his pictures on here . Just so you know once again a FRIEND TOOK THE PICRUE if I did I would have said it because I don't care what you think but if this is to start a fight with me you DON'T SCARE ME AT ALL Like I said if you don't have anything good to say the DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL and we will be ok with that

So my picture of the Finnish Goshawk was taken down because some one did not like it WOW but its ok to show other hawks on rabbits , pheasants,snakes,chuckers and other game being taken . But if some thing weird happens and 2 hawks get in to it on a hunt then the picture is offensive .

Last edited by SugezWolf; 13-07-2015 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Quoted edited post
Old 12-07-2015, 09:41 PM
Dale
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Blackwolf View Post
You know what , you were not there OK I was so you are just mad because I said some thing and I do not back down so it happen just like that and I did not take the picture. It take a little time to get them apart u just don't rip the hawk off. You know I just put this up for the fun of it and share to be nice this is the responds one gets for sharing his pictures on here . Just so you know once again a FRIEND TOOK THE PICRUE if I did I would have said it because I don't care what you think but if this is to start a fight with me you DON'T SCARE ME AT ALL Like I said if you don't have anything good to say the DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL and we will be ok with that

So my picture of the Finnish Goshawk was taken down because some one did not like it WOW but its ok to show other hawks on rabbits , pheasants,snakes,chuckers and other game being taken . But if some thing weird happens and 2 hawks get in to it on a hunt then the picture is offensive .
Lol you don't scare me either pettle