Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > INTRODUCTIONS & FORUM GUIDANCE > What is your County, Province or State? > England

Old 12-04-2013, 08:46 AM
Salman
Passage

Default Re: Clover Honey.....

Dear Jannes,

Another very helpful item is powdered turmeric. You should always keep some with it is excellent for small wounds and insect bites. I have even used it to dress wounds that I had close with stitches.

Hydrogen peroxide, tincture iodine & methylated spirit mixture (1:1), and turmeric powder should be part of every falconer and outdoors person's kit.

By the way, do you want the honey?

Regards,

Salman Ali
Old 12-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Mohamed Qassim
Passage

Just saw a report about medical properties of honey. Natural Thyme Honey from Morocco used in France at Limoges CHU (Centre Universitaire Hospitalier) to heal chopped off parts of body and amputations. This honey is even now sold in Pharmacies in France and is scientifically proven to accelerate the healing process on amputations, otherwise they wouldnt use it in the Hospital.
What about propolis and royal gelly, seem to have good properties too.

Jannes, very interesting about the chemical component of honey to stimulate metabolism.
Also, you said some birds moult funny from one hemispher to another. I had once a black peregrine I believed to be Minor, and never stopped moulting, no matter if I cut him low or not. I ended up flying it fat, at 760 gramms. Nothing changed, just moulting, when last primary achieved, starting again already...
It was trapped in South Sahara. Could it be from Southern Hemispher bird that crossed the sahara ?
This remains a mystery to me.

Salam
Old 12-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turumti View Post
Dear Jannes,

Acacia honey is quite good. In fact, its better than the processed clover honey that is sold in the stores here.

Over the years I have tried many different types of honey, and the one conclusion I have come to is that wild small berry honey from the mountainous regions of our country is the best. It's a quite rare and thus quite expensive too.

The next best honey is the acacia honey and then any other wild source honey, as long as it from the small wild bees.

Apart from inducing a clean moult, honey is also a antural probiotic and helps keep the birds healthy and strong.

If you want any organic honey, let me, I will send you some.

Regards,

Salman Ali
Yes i will try her with your organic honey .
Old 12-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Jannes Kruger
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turumti View Post
Dear Jannes,

Another very helpful item is powdered turmeric. You should always keep some with it is excellent for small wounds and insect bites. I have even used it to dress wounds that I had close with stitches.

Hydrogen peroxide, tincture iodine & methylated spirit mixture (1:1), and turmeric powder should be part of every falconer and outdoors person's kit.

By the way, do you want the honey?

Regards,

Salman Ali
Thanks for the turmeric hint. Didnt know that! I use tiger balm on my birds and myself for small cuts and wounds with great success.

Of course Id love the honey! But I really dont want to cause you hassles. I can buy some decent stuff here mate. I really do appreciate your generous offer though.

Best regards
Jannes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qassim View Post
Just saw a report about medical properties of honey. Natural Thyme Honey from Morocco used in France at Limoges CHU (Centre Universitaire Hospitalier) to heal chopped off parts of body and amputations. This honey is even now sold in Pharmacies in France and is scientifically proven to accelerate the healing process on amputations, otherwise they wouldnt use it in the Hospital.
What about propolis and royal gelly, seem to have good properties too.

Jannes, very interesting about the chemical component of honey to stimulate metabolism.
Also, you said some birds moult funny from one hemispher to another. I had once a black peregrine I believed to be Minor, and never stopped moulting, no matter if I cut him low or not. I ended up flying it fat, at 760 gramms. Nothing changed, just moulting, when last primary achieved, starting again already...
It was trapped in South Sahara. Could it be from Southern Hemispher bird that crossed the sahara ?
This remains a mystery to me.

Salam
Salam Qassim,

Yes, I think medical science are not using honey to its full capacity. Maybe thats because big pharmaceutical companies have a vested interest in suppressing cheap natural remedies that make people better. Drug manufacturers dont like healthy people... makes you think!

I know what you mean. I have birds that are constantly moulting and some that moult in winter. Genetics messes up their system. And when you do funny hybrids, its becomes very confusing.

Rgds
Jannes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Your not wrong Johny. I just imagine a hawk with its nairs stuck to the cere. No other benefit.

Atb
Dean
They dont snort it...

Ye of little faith!

Rgds
Jannes