Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > BIRD OF PREY TALK > Longwings - Falco

Old 13-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Juan De Marcken
Passage

Default Gyr Falcons Facts & Images

I've come across a video quite remarkable that shows the amount of punishment a gyr can endure as well as his determination and agressivity
I didnt found a thread purely on gyrs except colour discussions
S o I create this one ,don't hesitate to have a go at it sadly I'll have no time left to put as much dedication as the ones on peregrines falcons so it will to rely on everybody to succeed
Let's start with my contribution
Old 13-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Justin Leyte リート ジャスティン - Official Site Sponsor
Passage

Default Re: Gyrfalcons facts & images

I'm just going to go right ahead and say that the falconer who owns this bird is a (I'll do this a bit better than the forum software, too) !%$#@&^ *)_%*!

The vanity is sickening.
[COLOR="Red"]UPDATED New and used Tracker Classic / Marshall Scout telemetry systems starting at ú350. Worry-free 1 year warranty on used equipment. Buy from the most trusted name in used telemetry. Free worldwide EMS shipping. Please email me at [IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG] or view available systems here on the forum by clicking http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=127432
Old 13-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Sam Rice
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebli View Post
I've come across a video quite remarkable that shows the amount of punishment a gyr can endure as well as his determination and agressivity
I didnt found a thread purely on gyrs except colour discussions
s o I create this one ,don't hesitate to have a go at it sadly I'll have no time left to put as much dedication as the ones on peregrines falcons so it will to rely on everybody to succeed
let's start with my contribution
FALCON VS LARGE CANADIAN GOOSE - YouTube
Not a pretty sight I've seen this before somewhere and couldn't believe the falconer stood by and watched his hawk take this kind of punishment, unbelievable!!

ATB
Sam
Old 13-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Passage

Agreed I've seen it and certainly don't want to watch it again. The bird was later killed in a different hunt. The only reason that a Gyr will take a hiding like that and keeps going back is that it desperately needs food, in others words its so sharp its painful. End of story.

Old 13-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Arthur
Passage

Unhappy Re: Gyrfalcons facts & images

Honda official site ..
Does that mean they condone this ???
Old 13-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Kevin
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaManada View Post
I'm just going to go right ahead and say that the falconer who owns this bird is a (I'll do this a bit better than the forum software, too) !%$#@&^ *)_%*!

The vanity is sickening.

Seen this before and it is either a very confident and brave bird or hungry but even hunngry hawks wont take on anything just to eat it must have thought it had a chance to keep going back for more
Old 13-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Rob Punch
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconGriff View Post
Agreed I've seen it and certainly don't want to watch it again. The bird was later killed in a different hunt. The only reason that a Gyr will take a hiding like that and keeps going back is that it desperately needs food, in others words its so sharp its painful. End of story.
That is what was happening. To put it in the most basic terms; the bird was starving and desperate for food. How sad is it that some experts here do not seem to recognise this sad fact. The cretin flying the bird is far beneath contempt and when the falcon later met it's demise, it was likely to be even more malnurished and desperate. In other words it was starved to death.
Old 13-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Justin Leyte リート ジャスティン - Official Site Sponsor
Passage

We shouldn't mistake the bird's "bravery" with desperation - which is the only reason this bird is risking its life fighting this goose.
The wingwhipping that gyr took, I wouldn't be surprised if it died after this altercation - I cannot see any reason why we should take the falconer at his word that the gyr was later killed by an eagle.
[COLOR="Red"]UPDATED New and used Tracker Classic / Marshall Scout telemetry systems starting at ú350. Worry-free 1 year warranty on used equipment. Buy from the most trusted name in used telemetry. Free worldwide EMS shipping. Please email me at [IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG] or view available systems here on the forum by clicking http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=127432
Old 13-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Juan De Marcken
Passage

Sorry guys I didn't look at it properly and do apologise for it
I agree 100% with your views, I wouldn't have accepted it if that had been My hawk , I was puzzle at the begiinning by the way it was presented , a hawk on a rock , nojesses noboots , and for a few moment thought it was a wild oner
is when thinks became violent that I realise that a wild hawk even young would have never reacted like that
once again sorry evry one should have check it better .
it will be allright if the moderator could then surpess this thread .
Juan
Old 13-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Bashaaar
Brancher

i did see that video couple years ago , wild falcon still very rare not easy to compete them with captive bred. i m sure the captive one will run away from first attack from the goose.