Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > EQUIPMENT & HOUSING > Bells & Leather Equipment

Old 18-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Passage

Default Re: bewits

I use a version of bewits: instead of using buttons, I use bevits to attach them to the leg. It is separate from the ankle, set above it. I have found that the bells touch the toes a lot less than attaching them to the grommet. I used the traditional style bewits for a while, but discovered that in time, they hung too low for my comfort. With the bevits, I can make them tight enough that they do not hang. I have been very happy using this method, and converted a couple of other falconers as well.
Old 18-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Brancher

I punch a small hole in the anklets near the eyelets and fix bell with a very small cable tie used this method for years without any problems i dont think you should ever secure bells around the birds legs with just a cable tie danger of it tightening around the hawks leg,a leather bewitt is a must
Old 18-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostringer View Post
i punch a small hole in the anklets near the eyelets and fix bell with a very small cable tie used this method for years without any problems i dont think you should ever secure bells around the birds legs with just a cable tie danger of it tightening around the hawks leg,a leather bewitt is a must
Old 18-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Haggard

Quote:
i punch a small hole in the anklets near the eyelets and fix bell with a very small cable tie used this method for years without any problems i dont think you should ever secure bells around the birds legs with just a cable tie danger of it tightening around the hawks leg,a leather bewitt is a must
Same here.
Old 18-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Passage

Quote:
Yer of course i secure mine round the eyelet of the anklet not directly to the birds legs sorry for not making that clear!!
Old 18-03-2007, 03:08 PM
David Goodwin
Haggard

leather bewits for me button type but ive also punched a hole in the anklet and used small cable ties ?? but bewits are best
Old 18-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Paul
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeoHarrisHawk View Post
leather bewits for me button type but ive also punched a hole in the anklet and used small cable ties ?? but bewits are best
I take it youll be needing me to make some more this season then mate lol

PAUL