Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FALCONRY HUNTING & HAWKING DISCUSSIONS > General Falconry & Bird Talk

Old 22-09-2015, 09:41 AM
Club Representative
Passage

Default CLA statement re the future of the game fair ....

STATEMENT ON FUTURE OF THE CLA GAME FAIR

The CLA regrets that it will no longer run the annual CLA Game Fair. This decision includes cancelling the planned event scheduled to be at Ragley Hall in 2016.

The decision has been taken by the CLA Board after the event failed to generate enough income in each of the last three years.

Director General of the CLA Helen Woolley said: “The Game Fair is an important and well loved event with a long tradition. It is a difficult decision that we deeply regret having to take.

“We are extremely proud of the Game Fairs that we have put on in recent years and we are grateful to our Game Fair team that have delivered these high quality, professional, events.

“Unfortunately an increasingly crowded summer calendar of outdoor events has contributed to falling attendance. This has led to the event failing to generate enough income and has made the event financially unsustainable.

“Over the last three years the Board made the decision to invest in the Game Fair because of our strong desire to turn the event around. We have been able to make this investment because of the otherwise robust financial position of the CLA. However we can no longer ask CLA members to allow their membership subscriptions to underwrite the losses the event makes.

“We are clear that the Game Fair can no longer be run by the CLA in its current form. We will, however, begin a period of consultation in which we will invite proposals from other organisations on how the Game Fair might be able to continue.”

The CLA remains committed to providing industry-leading advice and support, running a busy schedule of other national and regional events and being an effective lobbying voice for rural business.”
Old 22-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Brancher

Default Re: CLA statement re the future of the game fair ....

It was too expensive to get in and not as good as the midland anyway
Old 22-09-2015, 04:05 PM
Egg

Its a shame i love the cla .. i have been ill for a while and i wanted to visit this years show , myself the wife and my two older sons along with my two grandchildren , then i googled the ticket prices ( For Friday (£30), Saturday (£25), Friday and Saturday or Sunday (£50), all three days (£75). sorry that with the fuel to get there and back changed my mind . great show loads for family , just it can be a little bit to much of a kick in the wallet
Old 22-09-2015, 04:27 PM
Passage

Prices were ridiculously high !
Old 22-09-2015, 09:20 PM
Glynne
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T View Post
it was too expensive to get in and not as good as the midland anyway
Agreed, but the midland is heading the same way. £20 to get in. Talking to two stall holders who both said it was their last year as the pitches were going higher and higher in price.
Old 22-09-2015, 10:01 PM
Darren
Passage

The price of the Midland isn't too bad, most publications had vouchers in to save £2 a ticket and what I find a real saving is that under 16s get free entry. Some places charge 12yr olds full adult price.
The falconry side of the Midland is getting smaller each year though.
Old 24-09-2015, 05:38 PM
Paul Davis
Passage

Surprising it lasted this long the price of tickets was extortionate , just greed ! By the time you get in can't afford to buy anything ,