Falconry Forum (IFF)


Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > BIRD OF PREY TALK > Shortwings - Accipiter

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 30-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Cooper27 Cooper27 is offline
Anthony
Brancher
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: birmingham
Posts: 421
Default Re: Is Albidus bigger than Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Barker View Post
Hello Cooper27
I am not looking for an argument, if your hawk is 3lb, follows on and catches rabbits it must be a good one. my earlier statements were fat weight means nothing and i have a 42ouncer that catches stuff, can i ask you does she produce these 3lb hunters consitantly without ant exception?
Keith
Sorry Keith Most of got the wrong end of the stick a lot people having the Dig over it we will see this season mate
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 30-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Ross Ricks's Avatar
Ross Ricks Ross Ricks is offline
Ross Ricken
Haggard
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cork ireland
Posts: 5,192
Default Re: Is Albidus bigger than Finnish

Been waiting awhile for one these goshawk threads to pop up its been awhile.think ill grab a can and sit back
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 30-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Cooper27 Cooper27 is offline
Anthony
Brancher
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: birmingham
Posts: 421
Default Re: Is Albidus bigger than Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Ricks View Post
Been waiting awhile for one these goshawk threads to pop up its been awhile.think ill grab a can and sit back
I know mate I have just come off a 12 mouth ban .this forum never changes
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 30-12-2014, 05:01 PM
Ross Ricks's Avatar
Ross Ricks Ross Ricks is offline
Ross Ricken
Haggard
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cork ireland
Posts: 5,192
Default Re: Is Albidus bigger than Finnish

Ur life has been all the richer this past 12 months then ant.not been able to read the dribble on here

My contribution to the thread is best Goss I seen fly was a little 1-6er male . killed everything shown more or less.size has little bearing as any falconer who's worth his salt knows .If ever I was going to go back to a gos I'd Deffo go back to same breeder. Now if only I could remember who he was lol

My contribution to the thread is best Goss I seen fly was a little 1-6er male . killed everything shown more or less.size has little bearing as any falconer who's worth his salt knows .If ever I was going to go back to a gos I'd Deffo go back to same breeder. Now if only I could remember who he was lol
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 30-12-2014, 05:08 PM
Nuffink's Avatar
Nuffink Nuffink is offline
Kevin
Passage
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: here and there...
Posts: 577
Default Re: Is Albidus bigger than Finnish

Surely the truest answer to the original question is that nobody actually knows the answer if you are also to include wild population here, unless you can categorically say that all individuals of both species have been recorded,- if you restate the original question as "on average which is the larger of the species (and one would assume that is both weight and overall size)" you would still have to have all, if not a significantly high percentage recorded to determine that average, you can't answer this based on a handful of breeders and individuals hawks.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 30-12-2014, 05:09 PM
Cooper27 Cooper27 is offline
Anthony
Brancher
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: birmingham
Posts: 421
Default Re: Is Albidus bigger than Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Ricks View Post
Ur life has been all the richer this past 12 months then ant.not been able to read the dribble on here

My contribution to the thread is best Goss I seen fly was a little 1-6er male . killed everything shown more or less.size has little bearing as any falconer who's worth his salt knows .If ever I was going to go back to a gos I'd Deffo go back to same breeder. Now if only I could remember who he was lol

My contribution to the thread is best Goss I seen fly was a little 1-6er male . killed everything shown more or less.size has little bearing as any falconer who's worth his salt knows .If ever I was going to go back to a gos I'd Deffo go back to same breeder. Now if only I could remember who he was lol
I know mate sue has her Eye on me lol
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 30-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Ross Ricks's Avatar
Ross Ricks Ross Ricks is offline
Ross Ricken
Haggard
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cork ireland
Posts: 5,192
Default Re: Is Albidus bigger than Finnish

Lucky u lol
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 30-12-2014, 06:49 PM
Casper's Avatar
Casper Casper is offline
Passage
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: u.k
Posts: 810
Default Re: Is Albidus bigger than Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper27 View Post
I know mate I have just come off a 12 mouth ban .this forum never changes
A 12 month ban? What did you do for that?
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 30-12-2014, 07:06 PM
Cooper27 Cooper27 is offline
Anthony
Brancher
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: birmingham
Posts: 421
Default Re: Is Albidus bigger than Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
A 12 month ban? What did you do for that?
If I was to say I whould get a another ban straightaway 12 was a long stretch for saying what was the truth
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 03-01-2015, 11:41 AM
Igumann Igumann is offline
Andreas
Passage
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: cessena
Posts: 592
Default Re: Is Albidus bigger than Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper27 View Post
Is Albidus bigger than Finnish the males on the thread about this don't look bigger than a pic I have had sent to me from a chap that had a male from me. Attachment 143064

Attachment 143065

This is he's sister am trying to get some up to date.Attachment 143066

Attachment 143067
Not.Accipiter gantilis albidus is not biger than ,,finnish''gos.Fingers,the claws,tarsus-all talking about bird hunter from kamchatka.ESPECCIALLY nayls on his killing fingers,they are thiner and with ,,smaal'' engle.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
albidus, bigger, finnish

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.