Falconry Forum (IFF)


Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > BIRD OF PREY TALK > Shortwings - Accipiter

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 14-06-2016, 07:28 PM
DaveyMc's Avatar
DaveyMc DaveyMc is offline
Banned
Passage
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: sunderland
Posts: 4,264
Default Re: New 50/50 Albidus X male

Nice1 alex.

Looking forward to seeing him.

Im sure youll serve him well and vice versa.

Atb
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 14-06-2016, 10:34 PM
Ingo's Avatar
Ingo Ingo is offline
Brancher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Tervuren
Posts: 325
Default Re: New 50/50 Albidus X male

Good luck with the new male mate

Is it only unlikely to be white, but not out of the question?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 14-06-2016, 11:20 PM
Chance's Avatar
Chance Chance is offline
Passage
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Our House (unless I'm out)
Posts: 1,690
Default Re: New 50/50 Albidus X male

I'll be looking forward to that thread Alex. Atb. John
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 15-06-2016, 12:00 AM
AlexB's Avatar
AlexB AlexB is offline
Alex Brown
Haggard
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dover in Kent
Posts: 9,063
Default Re: New 50/50 Albidus X male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyMc View Post
Nice1 alex.

Looking forward to seeing him.

Im sure youll serve him well and vice versa.

Atb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
Good luck with the new male mate

Is it only unlikely to be white, but not out of the question?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I'll be looking forward to that thread Alex. Atb. John
Ok

Ty guys, there's a very very slight chance of either of them being whit as both have white males in the breeding of the parents. I'll be happy with a nice pale coloured bird.

Either way he will have plenty to fly at including 250 poults I'm putting out.

Alex
__________________
Keep Calm and get the lure out if you need it!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-07-2016, 02:31 PM
AlexB's Avatar
AlexB AlexB is offline
Alex Brown
Haggard
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dover in Kent
Posts: 9,063
Default Re: New 50/50 Albidus X male

Well only another 3 weeks or so before collecting the new fella, thankfully neither of the 2 put back ended up white and 2 kept out for imprinting did turn out white so all good for the breeder. Still not sure which of the pair I will be choosing.

Here's a wee clip taken through a sneaky vent.

Https://vimeo.com/173398470
__________________
Keep Calm and get the lure out if you need it!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-07-2016, 04:22 PM
MoorMan1's Avatar
MoorMan1 MoorMan1 is offline
Mark
Passage
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Devon
Posts: 779
Default Re: New 50/50 Albidus X male

Very nice I'm sure that you'll have plenty of fun with whichever one you choose Alex. Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-07-2016, 04:33 PM
AlexB's Avatar
AlexB AlexB is offline
Alex Brown
Haggard
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dover in Kent
Posts: 9,063
Default Re: New 50/50 Albidus X male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorMan1 View Post
Very nice I'm sure that you'll have plenty of fun with whichever one you choose Alex. Good luck!
I'm just looking forward to the new challenge.
__________________
Keep Calm and get the lure out if you need it!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-07-2016, 04:51 PM
DaveyMc's Avatar
DaveyMc DaveyMc is offline
Banned
Passage
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: sunderland
Posts: 4,264
Default Re: New 50/50 Albidus X male

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
I'm just looking forward to the new challenge.
Alex i like parent reared birds also.

Why do you?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-07-2016, 09:58 PM
AlexB's Avatar
AlexB AlexB is offline
Alex Brown
Haggard
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dover in Kent
Posts: 9,063
Default Re: New 50/50 Albidus X male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyMc View Post
Alex i like parent reared birds also.

Why do you?
Because getting a parent reared bird to fly as strongly as an imprint with the same level of steadiness takes a bit more work and well worth the extra time u put in. Also much less likely to have the aggression issues that many imprints have with the handler, and finally the lack of noise as very few imprints are anywhere near as quiet as a parent reared bird and the vast majority who claim to have totally silent imprints are either lying through their teeth or very sadly deluded.

Roll on the new season.

Alex
__________________
Keep Calm and get the lure out if you need it!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-07-2016, 09:59 PM
DaveyMc's Avatar
DaveyMc DaveyMc is offline
Banned
Passage
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: sunderland
Posts: 4,264
Default Re: New 50/50 Albidus X male

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Because getting a parent reared bird to fly as strongly as an imprint with the same level of steadiness takes a bit more work and well worth the extra time u put in. Also much less likely to have the aggression issues that many imprints have with the handler, and finally the lack of noise as very few imprints are anywhere near as quiet as a parent reared bird and the vast majority who claim to have totally silent imprints are either lying through their teeth or very sadly deluded.

Roll on the new season.

Alex
Ok mate.

I will be pucking a 1/4 albidus off mick kane in few weeks.

Goodluck
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
50 or 50, albidus, male

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.