Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > BIRD OF PREY TALK > Lost, Found, Sighted or Stolen Birds of Prey?

Closed Thread

Old 17-03-2013, 08:53 AM
Arthur
Passage

Arrow Re: Considered changes to the IBR - your thoughts

being rather a disorganised type
I appreciate longer subs times .... thanks ...
if you need to increase the subs ..so be it ..
Really appreciate those who help ..
Old 17-03-2013, 09:14 AM
Anthony
Brancher

Default Re: Considered changes to the IBR - your thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper27 View Post
babs i have bin phoneing the number on my old rings and no joy.
you have changed the number WHAT if some one with out falconry no how gets the bird, and it takes them days to work it out the birds could in a bad way.
Mmmmmm am still waiting for reply babs, and thats why I dont put your rings on my birds you have more chance tracking your birds down on your own, and if you dont have tracking device on the birds then nobody can not help them!
I lost my female gos for 4days I went out day and night and tracked her ten miles away from where she went awol, got her back on my own,also this forum helps find birds.
Old 17-03-2013, 09:59 AM
Clive Stancer
Passage

Quote:
Mmmmmm am still waiting for reply babs, and thats why I dont put your rings on my birds you have more chance tracking your birds down on your own, and if you dont have tracking device on the birds then nobody can not help them!
I lost my female gos for 4days I went out day and night and tracked her ten miles away from where she went awol, got her back on my own,also this forum helps find birds.
Hi

I just checked the the phone number on the earliest IBR registration document I have and the number on the rings I have in stock the number is the same and has never changed ?

What phone number are you trying to call ?

ATB Clive
Old 17-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Barbara & Keith
Passage

Quote:
babs i have bin phoneing the number on my old rings and no joy.
you have changed the number WHAT if some one with out falconry no how gets the bird, and it takes them days to work it out the birds could in a bad way.
Confirm the number you are ringing. the number on the rings has never changed and will never change. it is a national number that comes straight through to me - 0870 608 8500 - the only number that has changed is the office number. the old one starts 01748...... the new one is 0161 790 5613. hope this answers your question. BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilzo View Post
If people want to buy more than one years couldn't there be some sort of email system set up to send out an email with there information and ask them if theres been any updates to it?

then you can get all their up to date information
Already in the pipeline. We are having a new database built which should be ready in the next few weeks. It is internet based and so I can access it where ever I am which will help when people are reporting lost and found birds plus I don't have to be tied to the office 24/7. (Good excuse to buy an iPad!!) As soon as we have this up and running we will be advising clients that those who are members will be able to access their own records to update their personal details and bird lists. We are in the process of collating email addresses and so we can correspond with members and don't forget we do have a website full of information and recent news - www.ibr.org.uk

Babs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH View Post
Hi Babs

Like others, I would happily pay more for an annual subscription than you currently ask. ú10 a year, less than ú1 a month......yeah definitely. Equally, if someone loses a hawk in my locality on 433/434 I will happily go out and try to assist in retrieving their hawk. Your service is extremely valuable and has a proven track record.

All I would add is please don't stop.

Atvb
Jan
Jan. Thank you for your support and thank you for your offer of help should we need it. Babs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee View Post
being rather a disorganised type
I appreciate longer subs times .... thanks ...
if you need to increase the subs ..so be it ..
really appreciate those who help ..
Don't worry. You will have a choice and we do send out reminders when subs are due. Babs
Old 17-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Barbara & Keith
Passage

Quote:
Unfortunately, I have to pick a quiet time to go on the forum which isn't very often. I guess you will have now seen my reply to your previous question? Everyone has a choice. The IBR is purely voluntary and if you are responsible enough to use telemetry then 9/10 you don't need to use the IBR. I don't agree with the comment about not being able to help birds without telemetry. the majority of the 5800 birds we have got back did not have a tag. Like I said, its your choice but we are always willing to help whether your bird is registered or not.
Babs.
Old 17-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Arthur
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs6700 View Post
Unfortunately, I have to pick a quiet time to go on the forum which isn't very often. I guess you will have now seen my reply to your previous question? Everyone has a choice. The IBR is purely voluntary and if you are responsible enough to use telemetry then 9/10 you don't need to use the IBR. I don't agree with the comment about not being able to help birds without telemetry. the majority of the 5800 birds we have got back did not have a tag. Like I said, its your choice but we are always willing to help whether your bird is registered or not.
Babs.
indeed ..
the MHH we caught up ,at request by i.b.r., did not have a tag either .
but.
the leather was so dessicated that there may well have been ....
as of yet the bird is still awaiting collection some 15 months later
all the best
Old 17-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Barbara & Keith
Passage

Quote:
indeed ..
the MHH we caught up ,at request by i.b.r., did not have a tag either .
but.
the leather was so dessicated that there may well have been ....
as of yet the bird is still awaiting collection some 15 months later
all the best
I'm sorry but I don't understand your point.
Old 17-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Arthur
Passage

Wink Re: Considered changes to the IBR - your thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs6700 View Post
I'm sorry but I don't understand your point.
No tag .............
Old 17-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Barbara & Keith
Passage

Quote:
no tag .............
Thanks Arthur. With you now. Blonde issue!!
Old 17-03-2013, 01:15 PM
George
Haggard

Quote:
I have to disagree with this statement big time.
Well done for getting you gos back, but any extra ways of helping find your lost bird or ways for others to find you if they recover your bird, can only be good.
Having contact details on the bird, weather on anklets, jesses, ID tag or ring can only increase the chances of your bird being recovered and returned to you.
Yes, flying with a working tag is a must in my opinion, but depending on the circumstances, it is by no way a guarentee you will find your bird.
The IBR provide a service that no others do, they not only help co-ordinate the rescue and recovery of countless lost falconry birds, they also arrange temporary experienced homes while the owner is found, something that in itself may save your birds life, and they give the public an easy contact point for help and advice if they find or see a lost bird.
I remember life before Jenny Wray started the IBR, and I can assure you, the chances of recovering a wayward bird, especially if it has gone a long way is a 100% better than it was then.
It is an optional service so everyone can make up their own mind, but for ú5 a year I find it amazing people say it is not worth it.
Closed Thread