Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > RAPTOR BREEDERS & BREEDING > General Breeding & Conservation

Old 25-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Barbara & Keith
Passage

Default IBR trying to trace a breeder

Please can the breeder using initials TND get in touch with the IBR on 0161 790 5613 or email barbara@ibr.org.uk

Thanks

Babs IBR
Old 26-09-2013, 11:27 PM
Barbara & Keith
Passage

Default Re: IBR trying to trace a breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs6700 View Post
Please can the breeder using initials TND get in touch with the IBR on 0161 790 5613 or email barbara@ibr.org.uk

Thanks

Babs IBR
Found him! Managed to trace the owner of the bird wearing the breeders ring and he was able to tell me from the A10 just in case I get another bird lost bearing these initials.

Thanks

Babs IBR
Old 27-09-2013, 12:40 AM
Mark Stone
Brancher

Do you not think,that if you at ibr find a bird with a ring on and have to trace the owner,that they may not be fit to keep a bird? The first port of call for any worthy falconer who'd lost his bird would be to ask you guys surely? Not you to trace them.

Everyone has access to google... Just saying.
Old 27-09-2013, 05:24 AM
Michael Calvin
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone42 View Post
Do you not think,that if you at ibr find a bird with a ring on and have to trace the owner,that they may not be fit to keep a bird? The first port of call for any worthy falconer who'd lost his bird would be to ask you guys surely? Not you to trace them.

Rather judgemental, just saying
Old 27-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Barbara & Keith
Passage

Quote:

Unfortunately not everyone who owns a bird of prey knows about the IBR or don't think to let me know they have lost a bird because it doesn't have an IBR ring on. It doesn't matter if the bird is IBR rung or not, I will endeavour to trace the owner either way and that goes for anyone who loses a bird that isn't IBR rung either. Just let me know if you lose it and if we are instrumental in getting your bird back, all that I ask is that you register it with me. The guy who owned the bird in this particular case was only too happy to register his bird. Does this answer your query??

Babs IBR
Old 27-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Passage

Quote:
Unfortunately not everyone who owns a bird of prey knows about the IBR or don't think to let me know they have lost a bird because it doesn't have an IBR ring on. It doesn't matter if the bird is IBR rung or not, I will endeavour to trace the owner either way and that goes for anyone who loses a bird that isn't IBR rung either. Just let me know if you lose it and if we are instrumental in getting your bird back, all that I ask is that you register it with me. The guy who owned the bird in this particular case was only too happy to register his bird. Does this answer your query??

Babs IBR
Nice one Barbara, please don't stop doing such a great job

Quote:

There's nothing like keeping an open mind..................

Old 27-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Wayne - Formerly DogManDango
Passage

Quote:

Not every one has access to googleand especial when out looking for a bird just saying
Old 28-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Mark Stone
Brancher

Quote:

Babs IBR
Fair enough...
I suppose there's still a few people in the dark ages then.