Falconry Forum (IFF)


Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > BIRD OF PREY TALK > Lost, Found, Sighted or Stolen Birds of Prey?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 20-08-2010, 08:54 PM
lily0175 lily0175 is offline
Egg
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Norfolk
Posts: 41
Default Harris Hawk found - IBR no *562**

As regulars to the forum may know I have lost my MHH and have posted ads in all the usual places and some unusual ones too. I have had leads to follow and recieved an email from a lady regarding a HH she found in Holt, Norfolk. This hawk originates from Sussex, but the IBR informed her that it must have been sold on as 'it' would only be capable of flying 5 miles......

I have the ring number and if anyone cares to fill in the blank numbers/ letters correctly then I can then give you more info.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Vulpine Hunter's Avatar
Vulpine Hunter Vulpine Hunter is offline
Mark
Passage
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North Yorkshire
Posts: 573
Default Re: Harris Hawk found - IBR no *562**

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily0175 View Post
the IBR informed her that it must have been sold on as 'it' would only be capable of flying 5 miles......
I can't imagine them saying that
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Leo 1's Avatar
Leo 1 Leo 1 is offline
Chris Schofield
Haggard
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: willow cottidge
Posts: 16,755
Default Re: Harris Hawk found - IBR no *562**

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily0175 View Post
As regulars to the forum may know I have lost my MHH and have posted ads in all the usual places and some unusual ones too. I have had leads to follow and recieved an email from a lady regarding a HH she found in Holt, Norfolk. This hawk originates from Sussex, but the IBR informed her that it must have been sold on as 'it' would only be capable of flying 5 miles......

I have the ring number and if anyone cares to fill in the blank numbers/ letters correctly then I can then give you more info.
5 mil my bac side lol my fhh trvled 11 mil at least god nows what she did be for i found her
Male or femail?
__________________
EVIL.DEAD MCC PRESIDENT. And founder
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20-08-2010, 10:14 PM
TLDWB's Avatar
TLDWB TLDWB is offline
Tom Bryce
Haggard
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Jacobean period
Posts: 20,682
Default Re: Harris Hawk found - IBR no *562**

It could certainly fly five miles, depending how long out.

Tom
__________________
Fergus McCann: "It would've cost less, to go into liquidation. But it would also be humiliating for Celtic. So we paid all the bills."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 20-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Taffwall's Avatar
Taffwall Taffwall is offline
Paul Davies
Passage
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Wales,just east of Swansea
Posts: 1,647
Default Re: Harris Hawk found - IBR no *562**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo 1 View Post
5 mil my bac side lol my fhh trvled 11 mil at least god nows what she did be for i found her
male or femail?
She had hot wired an escort and gone on a joy ride before being sighted by the old bill and persued through 2 counties, crashing into a ditch and making off accross the fields. Evaded the heat seeking camera of the chopper by hiding in thick undergrowth.
__________________
THE COMMANDER!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 20-08-2010, 10:18 PM
TLDWB's Avatar
TLDWB TLDWB is offline
Tom Bryce
Haggard
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Jacobean period
Posts: 20,682
Default Re: Harris Hawk found - IBR no *562**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffwall View Post
She had hot wired an escort and gone on a joy ride before being sighted by the old bill and persued through 2 counties, crashing into a ditch and making off accross the fields. Evaded the heat seeking camera of the chopper by hiding in thick undergrowth.
Just to get away from him.

Tom
__________________
Fergus McCann: "It would've cost less, to go into liquidation. But it would also be humiliating for Celtic. So we paid all the bills."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 20-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Leo 1's Avatar
Leo 1 Leo 1 is offline
Chris Schofield
Haggard
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: willow cottidge
Posts: 16,755
Default Re: Harris Hawk found - IBR no *562**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffwall View Post
She had hot wired an escort and gone on a joy ride before being sighted by the old bill and persued through 2 counties, crashing into a ditch and making off accross the fields. Evaded the heat seeking camera of the chopper by hiding in thick undergrowth.
Cos my girls gd nothink can stop her
__________________
EVIL.DEAD MCC PRESIDENT. And founder
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 20-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Pearl Pearl is offline
Mark
Haggard
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ncnc
Posts: 16,146
Default Re: Harris Hawk found - IBR no *562**

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily0175 View Post
As regulars to the forum may know I have lost my MHH and have posted ads in all the usual places and some unusual ones too. I have had leads to follow and recieved an email from a lady regarding a HH she found in Holt, Norfolk. This hawk originates from Sussex, but the IBR informed her that it must have been sold on as 'it' would only be capable of flying 5 miles......

I have the ring number and if anyone cares to fill in the blank numbers/ letters correctly then I can then give you more info.
5621w
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 21-08-2010, 12:35 AM
lily0175 lily0175 is offline
Egg
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Norfolk
Posts: 41
Default Re: Harris Hawk found - IBR no *562**

Pearl / Mark
Tried to PM you but your box is full! Please PM me.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 21-08-2010, 02:50 AM
Leo 1's Avatar
Leo 1 Leo 1 is offline
Chris Schofield
Haggard
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: willow cottidge
Posts: 16,755
Default Re: Harris Hawk found - IBR no *562**

Have u told the ibr the ring number
__________________
EVIL.DEAD MCC PRESIDENT. And founder
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
562, found, harris, hawk, ibr

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.