Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > NON FALCONRY TOPICS > Non Falconry, Hobbies, Congratulations & Artwork

Old 26-08-2015, 06:33 PM
Bradley Church
Passage

Default Forum Account Activation

Hi Everyone

I know lots of other people have noticed how much the forum has quietened down lately as there's been a few threads on this already. One of the things that I noticed was the amount of introductions that are being made and how you hardly see any sign of the member after that. I know when I joined in November last year, after completing all the details to join, was wondering why I couldn't access some things or post anything. I've also seen how some have to do a second introduction to ask for help as to why they can't access or post. It took we weeks to work out that I had to send a message to activate the account and therefore be able to post. It seems a doddle and easy once you've been a member for a while but for those who've just joined and are getting used to the layout, it's a labyrinth. How you have to pick out the specific thread on the 'Introductions' section is not obvious to new users. If all these new members who've written their introduction could reach the e-mail link for activation easier, I think the activity would greatly increase.

Hope admin may be able to do something to make it a little easier for new members to activate their accounts, this isn't a complaint but just something that could do with improving to help the forum. One suggestion I came up with was to display the e-mail address on the home page which is the first thing new members will come to? It's done great things for me and I've built up several good contact since joining. As I said before though, once you're used to it, I believe the forum setup is far superior to social media.

Regards

Bradley
Old 30-08-2015, 10:11 AM
Passage

Default Re: Forum Account Activation

Bradley

It is quite simple.

People need to red the red coloured 'sticky' thread, which are a the top of the 'New to Forum' section.

Search for the answers to an query first, it's all there.

Sue
Old 30-08-2015, 10:53 AM
Steve
Passage

Or is it the forum is just rubbish now so no one posts
Old 30-08-2015, 11:01 AM
Bradley Church
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue2 View Post
Bradley

It is quite simple.

People need to red the red coloured 'sticky' thread, which are a the top of the 'New to Forum' section.

Search for the answers to an query first, it's all there.

Sue
I got it eventually, when I first joined, but was wondering whether it would make more sense to put something on the home screen? Lots of people have been asking how you get to the e-mail for account activation. The layout of the forum can be initially confusing but, on the long term, is better than other sites.

Bradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch&Judy View Post
Or is it the forum is just rubbish now so no one posts
It's just a case of preference I suppose, I disagree that the forum's rubbish as it's helped me out a lot. I'd also choose this over Facebook and similar sites any day as this site is dedicated to just Falconry.

Regards

Bradley
Old 30-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Steve
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradazTheFalconer View Post
I got it eventually, when I first joined, but was wondering whether it would make more sense to put something on the home screen? Lots of people have been asking how you get to the e-mail for account activation. The layout of the forum can be initially confusing but, on the long term, is better than other sites.

Bradley

It's just a case of preference I suppose, I disagree that the forum's rubbish as it's helped me out a lot. I'd also choose this over Facebook and similar sites any day as this site is dedicated to just Falconry.

Regards

Bradley
Don't have face book so would not like to comment on that . But to be fair the forum have stood the test of time
Old 30-08-2015, 11:15 AM
Bradley Church
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch&Judy View Post
Don't have face book so would not like to comment on that . But to be fair the forum have stood the test of time
I can't really comment on that in a way because I only joined last November so don't know what it was like a few years back. Those of us that are still here though, should make it our duty to keep the forum alive. I just hope that it doesn't die out as I've learnt so much and even met new people in Falconry since I've been on here.

Bradley
Old 30-08-2015, 12:18 PM
John
Passage

One problem I have noticed with this forum lately , there people been on here five min and think they know it all, apart from that it not a bad forum, you just have to pick and choose what post to read
Old 30-08-2015, 03:18 PM
Bradley Church
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShadow View Post
One problem I have noticed with this forum lately , there people been on here five min and think they know it all, apart from that it not a bad forum, you just have to pick and choose what post to read
I agree with you there, some people can be over-confident. I thought I'd sussed the forum out already a few weeks after I joined, only to find several new sections.

On a positive note though, we've got some cracking threads going at the moment! Really liking all the diary threads for the new season, some excellent individual birds with big potential.

Bradley