Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > BIRD OF PREY TALK > Lost, Found, Sighted or Stolen Birds of Prey?

Old 12-07-2017, 09:43 PM
Haggard

Default Re: Found a falcon

Should be able to keep it if the owner doesn't claim it within 7 days unless they have a really good reason. It's on IBR it's on here so should have been claimed by now[/QUOTE]

Where on earth did you create that rule from?
Old 13-07-2017, 04:16 AM
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Bannister View Post
Should be able to keep it if the owner doesn't claim it within 7 days unless they have a really good reason. It's on IBR it's on here so should have been claimed by now
Where on earth did you create that rule from?[/QUOTE]

I didn't but I think we should... the owner should be ready to collect it once it's turned up... never said once it's lost for 7 days said once it's found...its a falcon with a ring on...it needs to have a ring on ....the owner should have reported it lost and therefore once it's turned up the numbers checked and the owner called...if the owner hasn't bothered to report it lost then 7 days is plenty...unless the owner is ill or dead but then that would come under the really good reason department!!

Would you be ready to pick up your peregrine x prairie within 7 days?
Old 13-07-2017, 11:49 AM
Haggard

I know many fine falconers and people who aren't on the internet and probably never will be, or on the ibr ,there is a plethora of reasons as to why they may not know , makes no difference to me I've had birds for months Till the owner shows up , it's no problem if it's cost me vet fees or heavy coin they'll be made aware , legally a 7 day rule is a can of worms , morally even more so
Old 13-07-2017, 01:41 PM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0M View Post

Should be able to keep it if the owner doesn't claim it within 7 days .......
I guess that's as close to being a thief as possible whilst still pretending to be legal.
Old 13-07-2017, 01:45 PM
Ryan
Passage

Quote:
Should be able to keep it if the owner doesn't claim it within 7 days unless they have a really good reason. It's on IBR it's on here so should have been claimed by now

Spot on terrible to even suggest that
Old 13-07-2017, 01:50 PM
Passage

Quote:
I know many fine falconers and people who aren't on the internet and probably never will be, or on the ibr ,there is a plethora of reasons as to why they may not know , makes no difference to me I've had birds for months Till the owner shows up , it's no problem if it's cost me vet fees or heavy coin they'll be made aware , legally a 7 day rule is a can of worms , morally even more so
You know many fine falconer and so they also know you. If say one of these lost a bird would they not let you know? Would they not last you to keep your eyes and ears open for it? Would you not then look on the net for them?

I don't know you but I know you've lost a Pere x prairie so if I saw one found do you not think I would let you know?

Do you not think that it is irresponsible to own a bird and not report its loss to the IBR whether on the internet or not and whether it's registered or not? It still has a ring on and they keep it on record.

Do you not think owners would be more on the ball when trying to find their bird if only had 7 days to claim it once it was found?

You know the other thread going on which you commented on about the goshawk which was lost for 7yrs? Well the owner made contact and collected within 7 days so why is it a big issue to expect a falcon with a ring number to be reclaimed?

Like Tony said he had already become fond of the bird so how would he feel a month down the line?

Also like I said there is the good reason option but when I say good reason then that should be up to the finder and whether he believes it is good enough. Not just to convince the loser but fellow falconers. Maybe ask on here if it's a good enough reason see what people have to say.

So if your pere x prairie turned up would you claim it within 7 days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenÚ View Post
I guess that's as close to being a thief as possible whilst still pretending to be legal.
Bird found after 7 yrs claimed within 7 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish Hunter Fife View Post
Where on earth did you create that rule from?
Spot on terrible to even suggest that[/QUOTE]

Why?

Bird found after 7 yrs claimed within 7 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenÚ View Post
You've conveniently ommitted 'without good reason'
Old 13-07-2017, 02:08 PM
Passage

Quote:

And if not on the internet you soon get on it if it's a way if not the best way to find a lost bird!!

Is it not irresponsible not to?
Old 13-07-2017, 02:27 PM
Haggard

I really cant be a rsed debating with you ,lets just be grateful if a bird doesn't fall into your hands
Old 13-07-2017, 02:34 PM
Passage

Quote:
i really cant be a rsed debating with you ,lets just be grateful if a bird doesn't fall into your hands
Why start what you can't finish?

Would you claim your bird within 7 days?

Y for yes
N for no

Made it easy for you. Just one more letter

Two birds fell into my hands one was returned to the owner within 7 days the other was never claimed
Old 13-07-2017, 06:09 PM
Passage

7 days seems a bit harsh