Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SERVICES > Forum Website > Forum Help & People Search?

Old 08-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Egg

Default A Goshawk falconry experience in London

Hello IFF people,

I am visiting London next week, 11/9-15/9, and I am really exited to finally be in a country where falconry is legal and a way of culture.

I am a birds of prey enthusiastic and spent countless hours since I can remember myself watching falcons, eagles and hawks in nature. But I had never watched them through a falconer's perspective, and also, I had never had the chance to witness a Goshawk in real life.

I absolutely amazed by Goshawks and I wish to see one, and better yet - I wish to spend a day with a falconer that has Goshawks.

I noticed that there are several "a falconer for a day experience" in several clubs around London but all of them mentions Owls, Harris hawks, Red-tailed, falcons and the like.

While I love all of these magnificent birds I am trying to find a falconer or a club that I can hang with for a day that handles Goshawks.

Can you help me find that ?
Old 08-09-2016, 05:39 PM
Brancher

Default Re: A Goshawk falconry experience in London

Have you tried Hammerwood falconry? They were offering experience days with a Goshawk. Based in East Sussex, so not too far from London.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:16 PM
Egg

Default Re: A Goshawk falconry experience in London

Hi, looking in their website I can't find any reference for falconry, I will try to contact them tomorrow though see if it's relevant, thanks !