Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > AUCTIONS, BIRDMART, EXCHANGE & CLASSIFIEDS SECTION (Upgraded Accounts Only) > Birds For Sale

Old 09-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Joe Hatton
Haggard

Default Joe and Vernons Goshawks 2012

Here are some information and pics of Mine and Vernon’s Goshawks that we have in our project or bred.

We are now taking orders for quality Goshawks Chicks from proven hunted Goshawks. There will only be a limited number and we have orders already for 2 males and 1 female. So its first come first serve £100 deposit. Please pm for prices and any other information you require.

Whitey

This is one of our Females; she was purchased off Glyn Thompson and was bred by Harry Gilbert in 1998 so she is from Harry’s old stock and made from proper stuff. Hoping to get fertile eggs this year. I believe, she was an excellent pheasant hawk in her day.

MYRA

Vernon’s big female she was a great all-rounder but excelled on pheasants she took 236 head in the 2 seasons when she was flown by Vernon.
She has produced some very big sized females and Males, and we are hoping she will produce similar chicks in 2011 to those she produced in the past

Old 09-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Joe Hatton
Haggard

Default Re: Joe and Vernons Goshawks 2011

Sindbad
A Mick Kane Bred Gos who flew over 2lb 2oz as an eyass; He was an excellent hunter with a first year tally of 115. 90 of these were pheasants. 50 hens, 40 cocks, 4 partridge, 4 duck, 5 rabbits, 5 crows, 5 Waggi-hens and 2 Hares. Sindbad got a near fatal injury during his first moult and due to the chance of the injury re-occurring it was decided not to fly him again, even though he fly’s around the aviary without any problem. Sindbad donated semen last year and we are hoping he will do again as he is a proven pheasant killer and a strikingly big Goshawk.

Sindbads Thread
Http://falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37084
Old 09-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Joe Hatton
Haggard

Default Re: Joe an Vernons Goshawks 2011

Ken

Ken is an amazing Gos on pheasants who flew over 2lb. Bred by Terry Burden(Kentish Falconry) from some proven big Goshawks. Ken Killed 92 pheasants as an eyass 7 red legs 2 English and 2 rabbits. He is one of the most efficient killers I have ever seen flown. Explosive off the fist with speed and stamina if any went the distance. Ken donated live semen for ages as a brown bird and while I would of loved to of flown him forever he was just too valuable a bird to the project to take any chances. He should produce outstanding Goshawks. Pulled him out the aviary this season and weighed 2lb 6 1/2

Kens thread

Http://falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=67470

Last edited by Big JoeJoe; 18-02-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Will Emerick
Passage

Lovely lookin burds
ATB fr your project im sure the threads on Ivan, Jaws etc have helped.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Joe Hatton
Haggard

Some birds that Vernon has bred from his female Myra

Samson 2008

flown for 2 seasons taking a tally for the 1st season of an 112 as an eyass
93 pheasants, 56 hens and 37 cocks 11 partridge/ 10 Grey's and 1 red leg, 3 waggi hens, 2 woodcock, 1 rabbit, 1 teal 1 various. His tally for the second season was 90 head, 75 pheasants, 27 cocks, 48 hens,6 Waggi hens, he would of got a lot more only for finishing early on the 9th of Jan due to bad weather. Samson went to Beautiful Ireland with Keith Barker where he donated loads and loads of semen for Keith.
Samsons thread
http://falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=47948

One of Samson’s clutch sisters flew over 3lb 2oz not sure of the exact weight but she is still being flown by a lad in Liverpool.

Ivan 2010

Ivan has been bred from Sinbad to Myra
Ivan was imprinted by myself then swapped over to Vernon to see if the noise reduction would be successful. It was with Ivan and he has been very quite at Vernon’s home. Ivan took his 100th kill on the 08/01/11 taking a Cock pheasant at 2lb 1oz, he has flown and killed pheasants at 2lb 2oz and rabbits at 2lb, Seventy eight of his 100 kills were pheasants, Ivan has lost 2 full primary feathers from the same wing and this must have an effect on his speed but he is still fast when they grow back next season (hopefully) he will be even more devastating. He is truly an amazing Goshawk
Ivans thread
http://falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=92131

Crazy Horse

Was bought as an imprint by Keith Barker in Ireland, he was a stunning chick and very pale. Unfortunately Crazy Horse died before being flown due to a freak unfortunate accident. I am positive Keith would have made him into a top hunting bird and I am sure Crazy Horse would of complied.
Crazy Horse thread

http://falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=92785

Erica

Is the sister to Ivan and flown by Mark, she was purchased as a male and turned into a 3lb 2oz pheasant killing female. Myself, and Vernon saw her fly and she is 100% bang on. I believe Mark is impressed by her hunting skills, she is a big powerful Goshawk who can do the business.

Erica’s Thread

http://falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=93634

Jaws

Is the sister to Ivan, Erica and Crazy Horse. She was imprinted by Vernon and swapped for myself to fly. She didnt have the best of starts getting injury after injury, I put her in the aviary and pulled her out again recently and she seems to be flying well at 3lb 1oz.

Jaws thread

http://falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=96889

Proper big Goshawks that do what is stated on the Tin.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Alex Brown
Haggard

Joe,

I can only say if i was not hoping to fly a home bred bird, you guys are one of only 2 other places I would look. Said it time and time again you n Vernon have put together a cracking breeding selection and the quality of the birds has sung through with their results. The only bird of the collection I can vouch for is Ken and as a Pheasant bird he was a topper.

Best of luck for 2011 and beyond for the pair of ya

ATB

Alex
Old 09-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Mick Kane
Passage

Good luck Joe mate,

Nice birds and its nice to hear that the parents have been flown and from proven bloodlines, and not just chucked into a project without any background,

ATB

Mick
Old 10-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Joe Hatton
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Joe,

I can only say if i was not hoping to fly a home bred bird, you guys are one of only 2 other places I would look. Said it time and time again you n Vernon have put together a cracking breeding selection and the quality of the birds has sung through with their results. The only bird of the collection I can vouch for is Ken and as a Pheasant bird he was a topper.

Best of luck for 2011 and beyond for the pair of ya

ATB

Alex
Cheers Alex, thanks for the support mate. Ken is a real good un as you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M & J Raptors View Post
Good luck Joe mate,

nice birds and its nice to hear that the parents have been flown and from proven bloodlines, and not just chucked into a project without any background,

ATB

Mick
Thanks Mick, your comment and endorsement means a lot to us all the best mate.

Joe
Old 10-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Ben Fairbank
Passage

Very nice gosses, looks like they do it in the field where it counts too! Credit to you both! All the best
Old 10-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Passage

Looks like some excellent stock stuff to be proud of with excellent hunting ability all the best for the project Joe and Vernon

Joey